Report NEP-MIG-2009-02-14This is the archive for NEP-MIG, a report on new working papers in the area of Economics of Human Migration. Yuji Tamura issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- James Ted McDonald & M. Rebecca Valenzuela, 2009. "The Impact of Skill Mismatch among Migrants on Remittance Behaviour," Social and Economic Dimensions of an Aging Population Research Papers 242, McMaster University.
- Goel, Deepti & Lang, Kevin, 2009. "The Role of Social Ties in the Job Search of Recent Immigrants," CLSSRN working papers clsrn_admin-2009-12, Vancouver School of Economics, revised 02 Feb 2009.
- Andreas Georgiadis & Alan Manning, 2009. "Change and Continuity Among Minority Communities in Britain," CEP Discussion Papers dp0903, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Deborah Nusche, 2009. "What Works in Migrant Education?: A Review of Evidence and Policy Options," OECD Education Working Papers 22, OECD Publishing.
- Kirdar, Murat, 2009. "Source Country Characteristics and Immigrants’ Migration Duration and Saving Decisions," MPRA Paper 13322, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Toman Omar Mahmoud & Christoph Trebesch, 2009. "The Economic Drivers of Human Trafficking: Micro-Evidence from Five Eastern European Countries," Kiel Working Papers 1480, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Thomsen, Stephan L. & Gernandt, Johannes & Aldashev, Alisher, 2008. "The Immigrant Wage Gap in Germany," ZEW Discussion Papers 08-089, ZEW - Zentrum für Europäische Wirtschaftsforschung / Center for European Economic Research.
- Luca Marchiori & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zou, 2008. "Brain drain, remittances, and fertility model," Working Papers 408, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Luca Marchiori & Patrice Pieretti & Benteng Zou, 2008. "Migration and human capital in an endogenous fertility model," Working Papers 409, Bielefeld University, Center for Mathematical Economics.
- Dessus, Sebastien & Nahas, Charbel, 2008. "Migration and Education Decisions in a Dynamic General Equilibrium Framework," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4775, The World Bank.
- Murtin, Fabrice & Viarengo, Martina, 2009. "American Education in the Age of Mass Migrations 1870-1930," IZA Discussion Papers 3964, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Docquier, Frederic & Schiff, Maurice, 2009. "Measuring Skilled Migration Rates: The Case of Small States," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4827, The World Bank.
- Stefano STAFFOLANI & Enzo VALENTINI, 2009. "Does Immigration Raise Blue and White Collar Wages of Natives?," Working Papers 330, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Beegle, Kathleen & De Weerdt, Joachim & Dercon, Stefan, 2008. "Migration and Economic Mobility in Tanzania: Evidence from a Tracking Survey," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4798, The World Bank.
- Arai, Mahmood & Karlsson, Jonas & Lundholm, Michael, 2009. "On Fragile Grounds: A replication of "Are Muslim immigrants different in terms of cultural integration?"," SULCIS Working Papers 2009:1, Stockholm University Linnaeus Center for Integration Studies - SULCIS.
- Schiff, Maurice & Wang, Yanling, 2009. "North-South Trade-related Technology Diffusion, Brain Drain and Productivity Growth: Are Small States Different?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 4828, The World Bank.