Report NEP-LAW-2013-09-24This is the archive for NEP-LAW, a report on new working papers in the area of Law & Economics. Eve-Angeline Lambert issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Andrew Daughety & Jennifer Reinganum, 2013. "The effect of third-party funding of plaintiffs on settlement," Vanderbilt University Department of Economics Working Papers 13-00001, Vanderbilt University Department of Economics.
- Michael P. Stone & Thomas J. Miceli, 2013. "The Impact of Frivolous Lawsuits on Deterrence: Do They Have Some Redeeming Value?," Working papers 2013-26, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Gregorio Caetano & Vikram Maheshri, 2013. "Do 'Broken Windows' Matter? Identifying Dynamic Spillovers in Criminal Behavior," Working Papers 2013-252-22, Department of Economics, University of Houston.
- Baumann, Florian & Friehe, Tim, 2013. "Design standards and technology adoption: Welfare effects of increasing environmental fines when the number of firms is endogenous," DICE Discussion Papers 106, Heinrich‐Heine‐Universität Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
- Hijzen, Alexander & Mondauto, Leopoldo & Scarpetta, Stefano, 2013. "The Perverse Effects of Job-Security Provisions on Job Security in Italy: Results from a Regression Discontinuity Design," IZA Discussion Papers 7594, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Fernando Martin, 2013. "Implications of fiscal constraints," 2013 Meeting Papers 213, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Suchoń, Aneta, 2013. "Legal principles of managing agricultural lands in Poland and their impact on changes in the agrarian structure," 53rd Annual Conference, Berlin, Germany, September 25-27, 2013 156124, German Association of Agricultural Economists (GEWISOLA).
- PESTIEAU, Pierre & POSSEN, Uri M. & LUTSKY, Steven M., . "Jointly optimal taxes and enforcement policies in response to tax evasion," CORE Discussion Papers RP 1710, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Yang, Zhenzeng, 2013. "Private Property Rights and Pollution in Emerging Market Economies," MPRA Paper 48717, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christian Bjørnskov & Jacob Mchangama, 2013. "Do Social Rights Affect Social Outcomes?," Economics Working Papers 2013-18, School of Economics and Management, University of Aarhus.
- Eric Budish & Benjamin N. Roin & Heidi Williams, 2013. "Do firms underinvest in long-term research? Evidence from cancer clinical trials," NBER Working Papers 19430, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Nicholas Rivers & Brandon Schaufele, 2013. "Carbon Taxes, Agricultural Competitiveness and Trade," Working Papers 1302E, University of Ottawa, Department of Economics.
- Situngkir, Hokky & Maulana, Ardian, 2013. "Dynamics of the Corruption Eradication in Indonesia," MPRA Paper 49843, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Bialowolski, Piotr & Weziak-Bialowolska, Dorota, 2013. "External factors affecting investment decisions of companies," Economics Discussion Papers 2013-44, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Kumler, Todd J. & Verhoogen, Eric & Frias, Judith A., 2013. "Enlisting Employees in Improving Payroll-Tax Compliance: Evidence from Mexico," IZA Discussion Papers 7591, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Wojciech Kopczuk & Justin Marion & Erich Muehlegger & Joel Slemrod, 2013. "Do the Laws of Tax Incidence Hold? Point of Collection and the Pass-through of State Diesel Taxes," NBER Working Papers 19410, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Razin, Assaf & Sadka, Efraim, 2013. "Migration and Tax Competition Within a Union," CEPR Discussion Papers 9600, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Vincent Bertrand, 2013. "Modeling of Emission Allowance Markets: A Literature Review," Working Papers 1304, Chaire Economie du Climat.