Report NEP-HIS-2018-08-27This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Eric Hilt & Wendy M. Rahn, 2018. "Financial Asset Ownership and Political Partisanship: Liberty Bonds and Republican Electoral Success in the 1920s," NBER Working Papers 24719, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Murard, Elie & Sakalli, Seyhun Orcan, 2018. "Mass Refugee Inflow and Long-Run Prosperity: Lessons from the Greek Population Resettlement," IZA Discussion Papers 11613, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Klaus Desmet & Avner Greif & Stephen Parente, 2018. "Spatial Competition, Innovation and Institutions: The Industrial Revolution and the Great Divergence," NBER Working Papers 24727, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lutz Hendricks & Christopher Herrington & Todd Schoellman, 2018. "The Changing Roles of Family Income and Academic Ability for US College Attendance," 2018 Meeting Papers 998, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Arsalan Nezhadfard & Ana Tostoes, 2018. "Monumentality In 20th Century Dealing With Tradition And Modernism, Comparing In Three Cities: Istanbul, Sarajevo And Lisbon," Proceedings of Arts & Humanities Conferences 6309279, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Alina Romanovska, 2018. "20th Century History of Latvia in Literary Narratives," Proceedings of Arts & Humanities Conferences 6309134, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Goodwin, Geoff, 2017. "The quest to bring land under social and political control: land reform struggles of the past and present in Ecuador," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 66383, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bhorat, Haroon & Chelwa, Grieve & Naidoo, Karmen & Stanwix, Benjamin, 2017. "Income Inequality Trends in sub-Saharan Africa: Divergence, determinants and consequences: Resource Dependence and Inequality in Africa: Impacts, consequences and potential solutions," UNDP Africa Reports 267645, United Nations Development Programme (UNDP).
- Gopinath Sharma, 2018. "The Pragmatic Approach In Stoicism," Proceedings of Arts & Humanities Conferences 6308565, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Karen Clay & Margarita Portnykh, 2018. "The Short-Run and Long-Run Effects of Resources on Economic Outcomes: Evidence From the United States 1936-2015," NBER Working Papers 24695, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ugur Baloglu, 2017. "The Critical Review of the Westernized Late Ottoman Empire Education System in a Cinematic Context with an Education Related Focus," GATR Journals gjbssr479, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
- Bauernschuster, Stefan & Driva, Anastasia & Hornung, Erik, 2018. "Bismarck's Health Insurance and the Mortality Decline," IZA Discussion Papers 11628, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Brian Beach & Joseph P. Ferrie & Martin H. Saavedra, 2018. "Fetal Shock or Selection? The 1918 Influenza Pandemic and Human Capital Development," NBER Working Papers 24725, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Schneider, Herbert, 2018.
"Zur mathematischen Struktur der Wertformen von Karl Marx in 'Das Kapital'
[About the mathematical structure of the form of value of Karl Marx in 'Das Kapital']," MPRA Paper 88207, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fenoaltea, Stefano, 2018. "The Growth of the Italian Economy, 1861−1913: The Composition Of Investment," MPRA Paper 88138, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicolas Pinsard, 2016. "Le « miracle Poincaré » et la confiance hiérarchique à l’aune de théories gramsciennes. Tentative d’explication et de développement," Working Papers hal-01367997, HAL.
- Patrick J. Kehoe & Virgiliu Midrigan & Elena Pastorino, 2018. "Evolution of Modern Business Cycle Models: Accounting for the Great Recession," NBER Working Papers 24741, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rowland, Neil & McVicar, Duncan & Shuttleworth, Ian, 2018. "The Evolution of Catholic-Protestant Labour Market Inequality in Northern Ireland, 1983-2014," IZA Discussion Papers 11633, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Chadha, J., 2018. "Of Gold and Paper Money," Cambridge Working Papers in Economics 1842, Faculty of Economics, University of Cambridge.
- Andres Fernandez & Ayse Imrohoroglu & Cesar Tamayo, 2018. "Saving Rates in Latin America: A Neoclassical Perspective," 2018 Meeting Papers 1229, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Robert J. Gordon, 2018. "Friedman and Phelps on the Phillips Curve Viewed from a Half Century's Perspective," NBER Working Papers 24891, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ehrlich, Isaac & Cook, Adam & Yin, Yong, 2018. "What Accounts for the US Ascendancy to Economic Superpower by the Early 20th Century: The Morrill Act – Human Capital Hypothesis," IZA Discussion Papers 11647, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Mariaflavia Harari & Maisy Wong, 2018. "Slum Upgrading and Long-run Urban Development: Evidence from Indonesia," 2018 Meeting Papers 367, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Barón Ortegón, Brayan Alexander, 2018. "Cointegration of Economic growth and External balance in Colombia: 1963-2016," MPRA Paper 87974, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Claudia Goldin & Adriana Lleras-Muney, 2018. "XX>XY?: The Changing Female Advantage in Life Expectancy," NBER Working Papers 24716, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Simon Fuchs, 2018. "The Spoils of War: Trade Shocks during WWI and Spain’s Regional Development," 2018 Meeting Papers 1172, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Polterovich, Victor, 2018.
"К Общей Теории Социально-Экономического Развития
[Towards a general theory of social and economic development: evolution of coordination mechanisms]," MPRA Paper 88164, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Zwegers, Bart, 2018. "Goldmine or Bottomless Pitt? Exploiting Cornwall’s Mining Heritage," MPRA Paper 88247, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- König, Jörg, 2018. "70 Jahre Soziale Marktwirtschaft," Positionspapiere 10, Stiftung Marktwirtschaft / The Market Economy Foundation, Berlin.
- C. Jara Figueroa & Bogang Jun & Edward L. Glaeser & César Hidalgo, 2018. "The Role of Industry, Occupation, and Location-Specific Knowledge in the Survival of New Firms," NBER Working Papers 24868, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Golam Mostafa, 2017. "China's Growing Ties with Middle East: Goals and Objectives," GATR Journals gjbssr470, Global Academy of Training and Research (GATR) Enterprise.
- In Do Hwang, 2018. "Central Bank Reputation and Inflation-Unemployment Performance: Empirical Evidence from an Executive Survey of 62 Countries," Working Papers 2018-14, Economic Research Institute, Bank of Korea.
- Kohnert, Dirk, 2018. "Britain & Africa: heading for the Brexit rocks," MPRA Paper 88554, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 20 Aug 2018.