Report NEP-HIS-2018-06-25This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo BÃ¡tiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Cloyne, James & Dimsdale, Nicholas & Postel-Vinay, Natacha, 2018. "Taxes and Growth: New Narrative Evidence from Interwar Britain," CEPR Discussion Papers 12962, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Enrique Llopis & José Antonio Sebastián & Felipa Sánchez Salazar & Vanesa Abarca & Ángel Luis Velasco, 2018. "Mortality near a large city: the rural area of Madrid in the 18th and 19th centuries," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1805, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Bengtsson, Erik & Olsson, Mats, 2018. "Peasant Aristocrats? Wealth and Social Status of Swedish Farmer Parliamentarians 1769–1895," Lund Papers in Economic History 175, Lund University, Department of Economic History.
- Miguel D. Ramirez, 2018. "The Composition of Capital and Technological Unemployment: Marx's (and Ricardo's) Intellectual Debt to John Barton and George Ramsay," Working Papers 1708, Trinity College, Department of Economics, revised Jun 2018.
- James Cloyne & Nicholas Dimsdale & Natacha Postel-Vinay, 2018. "Taxes and Growth: New Narrative Evidence from Interwar Britain," NBER Working Papers 24659, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Thiago Dumont Oliveira & Carlos Eduardo Suprinyak, 2018. "Of time, uncertainty, and policy-making : Lionel Robbins’ lost philosophy of political economy," Textos para Discussão Cedeplar-UFMG 580, Cedeplar, Universidade Federal de Minas Gerais.
- Cécile EDLINGER & Maxime MERLI & Antoine PARENT, 2018. "Financial Diversification before WW1 : A Risk/Return Analysis of Portfolio’s Advice of French Financial Analyst Alfred Neymarck," Working Papers of LaRGE Research Center 2018-03, Laboratoire de Recherche en Gestion et Economie (LaRGE), Université de Strasbourg.
- Kuhn, Moritz & Schularick, Moritz & Steins, Ulrike I., 2018. "Income and Wealth Inequality in America, 1949-2016," Working Papers 9, Federal Reserve Bank of Minneapolis, Opportunity and Inclusive Growth Institute.
- Dobos, Sebastian, 2017. "Effects and characteristics of the implementation of the 1921 agrarian reform in Iași county," MPRA Paper 85091, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Javed Ahmad Khan, 2017. "Book Review: Economic Thinking of Arab Muslim Writers During the Nineteenth Century: Abdul Azim Islahi (Editor), Reviewed by: Javed Ahmad Khan مراجعة علمية لكتاب: التفكير الاقتصادي للكتاب العرب المسلم," Book reviews and book reports published in the Journal of King Abdulaziz University: Islamic Economics. 106, King Abdulaziz University, Islamic Economics Institute..
- Joan R. Rovira, 2017. "Secular stagnation and concentration of corporate power," Working Papers 1704, Post Keynesian Economics Society (PKES).
- Giuliano, Paola & Nunn, Nathan, 2018. "Ancestral Characteristics of Modern Populations," IZA Discussion Papers 11528, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Christian Dippel & Stephan Heblich, 2018. "Leadership in Social Networks: Evidence from the Forty-Eighters in the Civil War," NBER Working Papers 24656, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Bakker, Gerben & Crafts, Nicholas & Woltjer, Pieter, 2017. "The Sources of Growth in a Technologically Progressive Economy," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-156, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Debarshi Das, 2018. "A Model of the Marxist Rent Theory," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2018-10, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Deepankar Basu, 2018. "Addendum to "Marx's Analysis of Ground-Rent : Theory, Examples and Applications"," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2018-09, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Jordá, Óscar & Schularick, Moritz & Taylor, Alan M. & Ward, Felix, 2018. "Global financial cycles and risk premiums," CEPR Discussion Papers 12969, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Ferran Camprubí i Baiges & Manuela Bosch Príncep, 2018. "The investments of the Spanish insurance Companies, 1984-2015," Documentos de Trabajo (DT-AEHE) 1804, Asociacion Espa–ola de Historia Economica.
- Mark A. Carlson & Burcu Duygan-Bump, 2018. "“Unconventional” Monetary Policy as Conventional Monetary Policy : A Perspective from the U.S. in the 1920s," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 2018-019, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (US).
- Roque B. Fernández, 2018. "Reforma Monetaria y Metas de Inflación," CEMA Working Papers: Serie Documentos de Trabajo. 631, Universidad del CEMA.
- ratulangi, nur, 2018.
"Hisbah Pemikiran Ekonomi Islam Umar Bin Khattab
[Islamic Economic Islamic Thought Of Umar Bin Khattab]," MPRA Paper 87033, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kramer, Bert S. & Milionis, Petros, 2018. "Democratic Constraints and Adherence to the Classical Gold Standard," GGDC Research Memorandum GD-175, Groningen Growth and Development Centre, University of Groningen.
- Akpa, Emeka, 2018. "Private Remittances Received and Household Consumption in Ghana (1980-2016): An ARDL Analysis with Structural Breaks," MPRA Paper 87103, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ho, Sin-Yu & Njindan Iyke, Bernard, 2018. "Financial Development, Growth and Poverty Reduction: Evidence from Ghana," MPRA Paper 87121, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mariem Bougueroua & Laurent Carnis, 2018.
"Road safety and economic development: analysis of the Algerian case
[Insécurité routière et développement économique : analyse du cas algérien]," Post-Print hal-01777863, HAL.
- Prak, Maarten & Crowston, Clare & De Munck, Bert & Kissane, Christopher & Minns, Chris & Schalk, Ruben & Wallis, Patrick, 2018. "Access to the trade: monopoly and mobility in European craft guilds, 17th and 18th centuries," Economic History Working Papers 88365, London School of Economics and Political Science, Department of Economic History.
- Klaus Desmet & Romain Wacziarg, 2018. "The Cultural Divide," NBER Working Papers 24630, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Shinhye Chang & Rangan Gupta & Stephen M. Miller & Mark E. Wohar, 2018. "Growth Volatility and Inequality in the U.S.: A Wavelet Analysis," Working papers 2018-05, University of Connecticut, Department of Economics.
- Lisa Coiffard, 2018. "Independence of central banks after the crisis - focus on Hungary," IWE Working Papers 242, Institute for World Economics - Centre for Economic and Regional Studies- Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Clay, Karen & Portnykh, Margarita & Severnini, Edson R., 2018. "Toxic Truth: Lead and Fertility," IZA Discussion Papers 11541, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Piper, Alan T., 2018. "An investigation into the reported closing of the Nicaraguan gender gap," MPRA Paper 86769, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Fox, Jonathan & Klüsener, Sebastian & Myrskylä, Mikko, 2018. "Is a positive relationship between fertility and economic development emerging at the sub-national regional level? Theoretical considerations and evidence from Europe," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 88295, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Bowen, Alex & Kuralbayeva, Karlygash & Tipoe, Eileen L., 2018. "Characterising green employment: the impacts of ‘greening’ on workforce composition," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 88283, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.