Report NEP-HIS-2012-07-23This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Dufrénot, G. & Triki, K., 2012. "Why have governments succeeded in reducing French public debt historically and can these successes inspired us for the future? An historical perspective since 1890," Working papers 386, Banque de France.
- Lambrecht, Thijs A., 2012. "English Individualism and Continental Altruism? Servants, Remittances and Welfare in Eighteenth-Century Rural Europe," MPRA Paper 40114, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Albrecht Ritschl, 2012. "The German Transfer Problem, 1920-1933: A Sovereign Debt Perspective," CEP Discussion Papers dp1155, Centre for Economic Performance, LSE.
- Stelios Michalopoulos & Elias Papaioannou, 2012. "Pre-colonial Ethnic Institutions and Contemporary African Development," NBER Working Papers 18224, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Mejía Cubillos, Javier, 2012.
"Crecimiento económico de largo plazo en Antioquia, Colombia: Estimación del PIB. 1800-1913
[Long term economic growth in Antioquia, Colombia: GDP estimates. 1800-1913]," MPRA Paper 40041, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- John D. Conroy, 2012. "Intimations of Keith Hart's 'Informal Economy' - In the Work of Henry Mayhew, P T Bauer and Richard Salisbury," Crawford School Research Papers 1205, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Dufrénot, G. & Triki, K., 2012. "Public debt ratio and its determinants in France since 1890 Does econometrics support the historical evidence?," Working papers 385, Banque de France.
- Graziella Bertocchi & Arcangelo Dimico, 2012. "De Jure and de Facto Determinants of Power:Evidence from Mississippi," Center for Economic Research (RECent) 084, University of Modena and Reggio E., Dept. of Economics "Marco Biagi".
- Zamagni, Stefano, 2012. "Globalization: guidance from Franciscan economic thought and "Caritas in Veritate"," AICCON Working Papers 104-2012, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- Diego Restuccia & Guillaume Vandenbroucke, 2012. "A Century of Human Capital and Hours," Working Papers tecipa-460, University of Toronto, Department of Economics.
- Amodio, Francesco, 2012. "Hard to Forget: Long-lasting E ffects of Social Capital Accumulation Shocks," AICCON Working Papers 105-2012, Associazione Italiana per la Cultura della Cooperazione e del Non Profit.
- David Laidler, 2012. "Milton Friedman's Contributions to Macroeconomics and Their Influence," University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute Working Papers 20122, University of Western Ontario, Economic Policy Research Institute.
- Sebastian Braun & Michael Kvasnicka, 2012. "Immigration and Structural Change – Evidence from Post-war Germany," Ruhr Economic Papers 0345, Rheinisch-Westfälisches Institut für Wirtschaftsforschung, Ruhr-Universität Bochum, Universität Dortmund, Universität Duisburg-Essen.
- Eric Rahim, 2012. "Marx: From Hegel and Feuerbach to Adam Smith," Working Papers 1206, University of Strathclyde Business School, Department of Economics.
- Michael Fritsch & Elisabeth Bublitz & Alina Rusakova & Michael Wyrwich, 2012. "How Much of a Socialist Legacy? The Reemergence of Entrepreneurship in the East German Transformation to a Market Economy," Jena Economic Research Papers 2012-042, Friedrich-Schiller-University Jena.
- Osmani Teixeira de Carvalho Guillén & João Victor Issler & Afonso Arinos de Mello Franco-Neto, 2012. "On the Welfare Costs of Business-Cycle Fluctuations and Economic-Growth Variation in the 20th Century," Working Papers Series 284, Central Bank of Brazil, Research Department.
- Jeff Borland, 2012. "Ian M. McDonald: A review of his contributions to economics," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 1143, The University of Melbourne.
- Andrés Álvarez & Marc Hofstetter, 2012. "50 Years of Job Vacancies in Colombia: The Case of Bogota, 1960-2010," DOCUMENTOS CEDE 009799, UNIVERSIDAD DE LOS ANDES-CEDE.
- Rodríguez González, Guillermo, 2012.
"Una revisión de la enfermedad holandesa a la luz de la teoría austriaca del ciclo económico
[A review of the Dutch disease in the light of the Austrian theory of business cycle]," MPRA Paper 39986, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Carlos Contreras & Stephan Gruber & Cristina Mazzeo, 2012. "Orígenes históricos de la desigualdad en el Perú," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2012-328, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Thomas Barnay & Olivier Damette, 2012. "What drives Health Care Expenditure in France since 1950?," Working Papers hal-00717435, HAL.
- Sahoo, Ganeswar, 2012. "F.A. Hayek and his rational choice of monetary arrangements," MPRA Paper 39920, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Christodoulakis, Nicos, 2012. "Currency crisis and collapse in interwar Greece: predicament or policy failure?," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 44881, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Michael Fritsch & Michael Wyrwich, 2012. "The Long Persistence of Regional Entrepreneurship Culture: Germany 1925–2005," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1214, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised Jul 2012.