Report NEP-HIS-2011-09-16This is the archive for NEP-HIS, a report on new working papers in the area of Business, Economic & Financial History. Bernardo Batiz-Lazo issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- David Chilosi & Tommy E. Murphy & Roman Studer, 2011. "Europe’s Many Integrations: Geography and Grain Markets, 1620-1913," Working Papers 412, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Dora Costa, 2011. "Leaders: Privilege, Sacrifice, Opportunity and Personnel Economics in the American Civil War," NBER Working Papers 17382, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Galo Nuño & Pedro Tedde & Alessio Moro, 2011. "Money dynamics with multiple banks of issue: evidence from Spain 1856-1874," Working Papers 1119, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- R. Mark R. Isaac & Douglas A. Norton, 2011. "Just the Facts Ma'am: A Case Study of the Reversal of Corruption in the Los Angeles Police Department," Working Papers wp2011_08_01, Department of Economics, Florida State University.
- Marta Juanita Villaveces Niño & Paul Rodríguez Lesmes, 2011. "El imaginario de la crisis: caricatura económica en Colombia en época de la gran depresión," Documentos de Trabajo 008942, Universidad del Rosario.
- Waidlein, Nicole, 2011. "Causes of persistent productivity differences in the West German states in the period from 1950 to 1990," FZID Discussion Papers 29-2011, University of Hohenheim, Center for Research on Innovation and Services (FZID).
- Jeremy Barofsky & Claire Chase & Tobenna Anekwe & Farshad Farzadfar, 2011. "The Economic Effects of Malaria Eradication: Evidence from an Intervention in Uganda," PGDA Working Papers 7011, Program on the Global Demography of Aging.
- Wolz, Axel, 2011.
"Institutional change of the agricultural administration and rural associations in East Germany before and after unification
[Institutioneller Wandel der Agrarverwaltung und ländlicher Verbände in O," IAMO Discussion Papers 136, Leibniz Institute of Agricultural Development in Transition Economies (IAMO).
- Roberto Coronado & James Nordlund & Keith R. Phillips, 2011. "Factors behind the convergence of economic performance across U.S. states," Working Papers 1108, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Escañuela Romana, Ignacio, 2011.
"Evidencia empírica sobre la predictibilidad de los ciclos bursátiles: el comportamiento del índice Dow Jones Industrial Average en las crisis bursátiles de 1929, 1987 y 2997
[Empirical evidence on ," MPRA Paper 33150, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hălăngescu, Constantin I., 2011.
"Provocări și tendințe ale învățămantului superior în contextul globalizării (literature review)
[Higher education’s challenges and trends in the context of globalization(literature review)]," MPRA Paper 33269, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michael D. Bordo & Agnieszka Markiewicz & Lars Jonung, 2011. "A Fiscal Union for the Euro: Some Lessons from History," NBER Working Papers 17380, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Yun Kim, 2011. "A Short Empirical Note on Household Debt, Financialization, and Macroeconomic Performance," Working Papers 1107, Trinity College, Department of Economics.
- Lupa Ramadhani & Jennifer Todd & Patrick Paul Walsh, 2011. "Patterns of Conflict in the Great Lakes Region," Working Papers 201118, Geary Institute, University College Dublin.
- Oliver Falck & Christina Guenther & Stephan Heblich & William R. Kerr, 2011. "From Russia with Love: The Impact of Relocated Firms on Incumbent Survival," SERC Discussion Papers 0088, Spatial Economics Research Centre, LSE.
- Herman O. Stekler & Raj M. Talwar, 2011. "Economic Forecasting in the Great Recession," Working Papers 2011-005, The George Washington University, Department of Economics, Research Program on Forecasting.
- Michael D. Bordo & Owen F. Humpage & Anna J. Schwartz, 2011. "The Federal Reserve as an informed foreign-exchange trader: 1973-1995," Working Papers (Old Series) 1118, Federal Reserve Bank of Cleveland, revised 2011.
- John R. Graham & Sonali Hazarika & Krishnamoorthy Narasimhan, 2011. "Corporate Governance, Debt, and Investment Policy during the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 17387, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Monojit Chatterji & Stephen Devlin, 2011. "How Heavy Is A Job?: A Critical Survey of Job Evaluation as a Payment Device," Dundee Discussion Papers in Economics 259, Economic Studies, University of Dundee.
- John R. Graham & Sonali Hazarika & Krishnamoorthy Narasimhan, 2011. "Financial Distress in the Great Depression," NBER Working Papers 17388, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stocchetti, Andrea & Scattola, Elena, 2011. "Supply chain management in industrial production. A retrospective view," MPRA Paper 33094, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gaoussou Diarra & Patrick Plane, 2011. "Assessing the World Bank's influence on the good governance paradigm," Working Papers halshs-00617576, HAL.
- McKenzie, David J. & Özler, Berk, 2011. "The Impact of Economics Blogs," CEPR Discussion Papers 8558, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.