Report NEP-CBA-2008-07-05This is the archive for NEP-CBA, a report on new working papers in the area of Central Banking. Alexander Mihailov issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Eijffinger, Sylvester C W & Hoogduin, Lex & van der Cruijsen, Carin A B, 2008. "Optimal Central Bank Transparency," CEPR Discussion Papers 6889, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Frisell, Lars & Roszbach, Kasper F. & Spagnolo, Giancarlo, 2008. "Governing the Governors: A Clinical Study of Central Banks," CEPR Discussion Papers 6888, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Kenneth S. Rogoff & Vania Stavrakeva, 2008. "The Continuing Puzzle of Short Horizon Exchange Rate Forecasting," NBER Working Papers 14071, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul R. Bergin & Ching-Yi Lin, 2008. "Exchange Rate Regimes and the Extensive Margin of Trade," NBER Working Papers 14126, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Stephen G. Cecchetti, 2008. "Crisis and Responses: the Federal Reserve and the Financial Crisis of 2007-2008," NBER Working Papers 14134, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Lane, Philip R. & Shambaugh, Jay C, 2008. "The Long or Short of it: Determinants of Foreign Currency Exposure in External Balance Sheets," CEPR Discussion Papers 6887, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- KOBAYASHI Keiichiro & NAKAJIMA Tomoyuki, 2008. "Monetization of Public Goods Provision: A possible solution for the free-rider problem," Discussion papers 08019, Research Institute of Economy, Trade and Industry (RIETI).
- Samuel Bentolila & Juan J. Dolado & Juan F. Jimeno, 2008. "Does immigration affect the Phillips curve? Some evidence for Spain," Working Papers 0814, Banco de España;Working Papers Homepage.
- Alok Johri & Amartya Lahiri, 2008. "Persistent Real Exchange Rates," Department of Economics Working Papers 2008-04, McMaster University.
- Marchesiani, Alessandro & Senesi, Pietro, 2007. "Money and Nominal Bonds," MPRA Paper 9417, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Peter Karadi & Adam Reiff, 2007. "Menu Costs and Inflation Asymmetries Some Micro Data Evidence," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0706, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Fougère, Denis & Gautier, Erwan & Le Bihan, Hervé, 2008. "Restaurant Prices and the Minimum Wage," CEPR Discussion Papers 6892, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- K. Barhoumi & S. Benk & R. Cristadoro & A. Den Reijer & A. Jakaitiene & P. Jelonek & A. Rua & K. Ruth & C. Van Nieuwenhuyze & G. Rünstler, 2008. "Short-term forecasting of GDP using large monthly datasets – A pseudo real-time forecast evaluation exercise," Working Paper Research 133, National Bank of Belgium.
- Rangan Gupta & Alain Kabundi, 2008. "Forecasting Macroeconomic Variables Using Large Datasets: Dynamic Factor Model versus Large-Scale BVARs," Working Papers 200816, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Steffen Elstner & Amer Tabakovic, 2008. "What Do Reaction Functions Tell Us About Central Bank Preferences?," Kiel Advanced Studies Working Papers 447, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Rannenberg, Ansgar, 2008. "Disinflation and the NAIRU in a New-Keynesian New-Growth Model," MPRA Paper 9346, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- James D. Hamilton, 2008. "Macroeconomics and ARCH," NBER Working Papers 14151, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Graff, 2008. "The Quantity Theory of Money in Historical Perspective," KOF Working papers 08-196, KOF Swiss Economic Institute, ETH Zurich.
- António Caleiro, 2008. "The Political Economics Side of the J-Curve," Economics Working Papers 02_2008, University of Évora, Department of Economics (Portugal).
- Gregorios Siourounis, 2008. "Capital Flows and Exchange Rates An empirical Analysis," Working Papers 00028, University of Peloponnese, Department of Economics.
- Judit Temesvary, 2007. "Signal Extraction and Hyperinflations with a Responsive Monetary Policy," IEHAS Discussion Papers 0705, Institute of Economics, Centre for Economic and Regional Studies, Hungarian Academy of Sciences.
- Pavlo R. Blavatskyy, 2008. "Loss Aversion," IEW - Working Papers 375, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Demosthenes Ioannou & Marien Ferdinandusse & Marco Lo Duca & Wouter Coussens, 2008. "Benchmarking the Lisbon Strategy," Occasional Paper Series 85, European Central Bank.
- Adamcik, Santiago, 2008.
"Sobre la Elección de Regímenes de Tipo de Cambio en Economías Emergentes
[On Choosing an Exchange Rate Regimes in Emerging Economies]," MPRA Paper 9329, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Thabo Mokoena & Rangan Gupta & Renee van Eyden, 2008. "Testing for PPP Using SADC Real Exchange Rates," Working Papers 200822, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Rangan Gupta & Alain Kabundi, 2008. "A Dynamic Factor Model for Forecasting Macroeconomic Variables in South Africa," Working Papers 200815, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Thabo Mokoena & Rangan Gupta & Renee van Eyden, 2008. "Half-Life Deviations from PPP in the SADC," Working Papers 200823, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Argov, Eyal & Elkayam, David, 2007. "An Estimated New Keynesian Model for Israel," MPRA Paper 9412, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Andrzej Toroj, 2008. "Estimation of weights for the Monetary Conditions Index in Poland," Working Papers 27, Department of Applied Econometrics, Warsaw School of Economics.