Report NEP-AFR-2015-01-19This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Sam Sarpong issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Federico Tadei, 2014. "Extractive Institutions and Gains From Trade: Evidence from Colonial Africa," Working Papers 536, IGIER (Innocenzo Gasparini Institute for Economic Research), Bocconi University.
- Ozili, Peterson K, 2015. "Determinants of Bank Profitability and Basel Capital Regulation: Empirical Evidence from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 61048, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Wiafe, Emmanuel A. & Barnor, Charles & Quaidoo, Christopher, 2014. "Oil price shocks and domestic price investment in Ghana," MPRA Paper 60777, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Giulia Mascagni, 2014. "Aid and Taxation: Evidence from Ethiopia," Working Paper Series 7314, Department of Economics, University of Sussex.
- International Monetary Fund, 2014. "Republic of South Sudan; 2014 Article IV Consultation—Staff Report; Staff Statement; and Press Release," IMF Staff Country Reports 14/345, International Monetary Fund.
- Magnus Saxegaard, 2014. "Safe Debt and Uncertainty in Emerging Markets; An Application to South Africa," IMF Working Papers 14/231, International Monetary Fund.
- Simplice Asongu & Jacinta Nwachukwu, 2014. "The Role of Lifelong Learning in Political Stability and Non-violence: Evidence from Africa," Working Papers 14/029, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Shimeles, Abebe, 2014. "Growth and Poverty in Africa: Shifting Fortunes and New Perspectives," IZA Discussion Papers 8751, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Van Campenhout, Bjorn, 2014. "Fertility, agricultural labor supply, and production: Instrumental variable evidence from Uganda:," IFPRI discussion papers 1406, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Houssou, Nazaire & Chapoto, Antony, 2014. "The changing landscape of agriculture in Ghana: Drivers of farm mechanization and its impacts on cropland expansion and intensification:," IFPRI discussion papers 1392, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Olomola, Aderbigbe & Gyimah-Brempong, Kwabena, 2014. "Loan demand and rationing among small-scale farmers in Nigeria:," IFPRI discussion papers 1403, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Olomola, Aderbigbe & Mogues, Tewodaj & Olofinbiyi, Tolulope & Nwoko, Chinedum & Udoh, Edet & Alabi, Reuben Adeolu & Onu, Justice & Woldeyohannes, Sileshi, 2014. "Analysis of agricultural public expenditures in Nigeria: Examination at the federal, state, and local government levels:," IFPRI discussion papers 1395, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Dorosh, Paul A. & Thurlow, James, 2014. "Beyond agriculture versus nonagriculture: Decomposing sectoral growthâ€“poverty linkages in five African countries:," IFPRI discussion papers 1391, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Hirvonen, Kalle & Hoddinott, John F., 2014. "Agricultural production and children’s diets: Evidence from rural Ethiopia:," ESSP working papers 69, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Esther Duflo & Pascaline Dupas & Michael Kremer, 2014. "Education, HIV, and Early Fertility: Experimental Evidence from Kenya," NBER Working Papers 20784, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- World Bank, 2014.
"Basic Agricultural Public Expenditure Diagnostic Review : Republic of Cameroon, 2003-2012
[Cameroun - Revue diagnostique des depenses publiques de base dans le secteur agricole (2003-12)]," World Bank Other Operational Studies 20798, The World Bank.
- Dang,Hai-Anh H. & Lanjouw,Peter F. & Swinkels,Robertus A & Dang,Hai-Anh H. & Lanjouw,Peter F. & Swinkels,Robertus A, 2014. "Who remained in poverty, who moved up, and who fell down ? an investigation of poverty dynamics in Senegal in the late 2000s," Policy Research Working Paper Series 7141, The World Bank.
- Nicolas Depetris-Chauvin & Guido Porto, 2014. "Agricultural Supply Chains and Farmers Constraints: Welfare Impacts in ECOWAS Countries," Working Papers 2014-20, CEPII research center.
- Harounan Kazianga & Dan Levy & Leigh L. Linden & Matt Sloan, 2013. "The Effects of "Girl-Friendly" Schools: Evidence from the BRIGHT School Construction Program in Burkina Faso (Journal Article)," Mathematica Policy Research Reports 0115ef3a2998483493dd24537, Mathematica Policy Research.
- Mohamed Ayadi & Wided Matoussi, 2014. "Working Paper - 214 - From Productivity to Exporting or Vice Versa Evidence from Tunisian Manufacturing Sector," Working Paper Series 2150, African Development Bank.