Report NEP-AFR-2013-08-23This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Ricker-Gilbert, Jacob & Mason, Nicole M. & Darko, Francis & Jayne, Thomas S. & Tembo, Solomon, 2013. "What are the Effects of Input Subsidies on Maize Prices? Evidence from Malawi and Zambia," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 154938, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Renkow, Mitch & Slade, Roger, 2013. "An assessment of IFPRI's work in Ethiopia 1995-2010: Ideology, influence, and idiosyncrasy," Impact assessments 36, International Food Policy Research Institute (IFPRI).
- Blanc, Elodie & Strobl, Eric, 2013. "Is small better ? a comparison of the effect of large and small dams on cropland productivity in South Africa," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6567, The World Bank.
- Neil Foster-McGregor & Anders Isaksson & Florian Kaulich, 2013. "Importing, Exporting and Performance in Sub-Saharan African Manufacturing Firms," wiiw Working Papers 96, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Matz, Julia Anna, 2013. "Ethnicity, Marriage and Family Income," Discussion Papers 154935, University of Bonn, Center for Development Research (ZEF).
- Fox, Louise & Sohnesen, Thomas Pave, 2013. "Household enterprises in Mozambique : key to poverty reduction but not on the development agenda ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 6570, The World Bank.
- Mthuli Ncube & Zuzana Brixiová, 2013. "Public Debt Sustainability in Africa: Building Resilience and Challenges Ahead," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1053, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Neil Foster-McGregor & Anders Isaksson & Florian Kaulich, 2013. "Outward Foreign Direct Investment, Exporting and Firm-Level Performance in Sub-Saharan Africa," wiiw Working Papers 97, The Vienna Institute for International Economic Studies, wiiw.
- Hoffmann, Vivian & Mutiga, Samuel & Harvey, Jagger & Nelson, Rebecca & Milgroom, Michael, 2013. "Aflatoxin Contamination of Maize in Kenya: Observability and Mitigation Behavior," 2013 Annual Meeting, August 4-6, 2013, Washington, D.C. 155024, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association.
- Zuzana Brixiová & Thierry Kangoye, 2013. "Youth Employment In Africa: New Evidence And Policies From Swaziland," William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series wp1052, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Chapoto, Antony & Haggblade, Steven & Hichaambwa, Munguzwe & Kabwe, Stephen & Longabaugh, Steven & Sitko, Nicholas & Tschirley, David L., 2013. "Institutional Models for Accelerating Agricultural Commercialization: Evidence from Maize, Cotton and Horticulture," Food Security Collaborative Policy Briefs 154940, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Lubungu, Mary & Burke, William J. & Sitko, Nicholas J., 2013. "Analysis of the Soya Bean Value Chain in Zambia’s Eastern Province," Food Security Collaborative Working Papers 154937, Michigan State University, Department of Agricultural, Food, and Resource Economics.
- Ibrahim, Kasirye, 2013. "Improving the Use of Agricultural Technologies in Uganda," Policy Briefs 154598, Economic Policy Research Centre (EPRC).
- Tsuda, Miwa, 2013. "Kenya after the 2007 "post-election violence" : constitutional reform and the National Accord and Reconciliation Act," IDE Discussion Papers 381, Institute of Developing Economies, Japan External Trade Organization(JETRO).
- Sani Ibrahim, Mr. Saifullahi & Muhammad, Mr. Abubakar, 2013. "Information and Communication Technology and Bank Performance in Nigeria: A Panel Data Analysis," MPRA Paper 49062, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mr Sani Ibrahim, Saifullahi, 2013. "Does Rural Financial Development Spur Economic Growth? Evidence from Nigeria," MPRA Paper 46885, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ihli, Hanna Julia & Musshoff, Oliver, 2013. "Investment Behavior of Ugandan Smallholder Farmers: An Experimental Analysis," Discussion Papers 154775, Georg-August-Universitaet Goettingen, GlobalFood, Department of Agricultural Economics and Rural Development.