Report NEP-AFR-2011-11-01This is the archive for NEP-AFR, a report on new working papers in the area of Africa. Quentin Wodon issued this report. It is usually issued weekly.
The following items were announced in this report:
- Machiko, Nissanke, 2011. "International and Institutional Traps in Sub-Saharan Africa under Globalisation: A Comparative Perspective," CEI Working Paper Series 2011-6, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Ranganathan, Rupa & Foster, Vivien, 2011. "ECCAS's infrastructure : a regional perspective," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5857, The World Bank.
- Jane, Harrigan, 2011. "Food Security in the Middle East and North Africa (MENA) and sub-Saharan Africa: A Comparative Analysis," CEI Working Paper Series 2011-5, Center for Economic Institutions, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Claire Delpeuch & Anneleen Vandeplas & Johan F.M.Swinnen, 2011. "Revisiting the "cotton problem": A comparative analysis of cotton reforms in sub-Saharan Africa," LICOS Discussion Papers 29011, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Leblois, Antoine, 2011. "The elusive quest for supply response to cash-crop market reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa : the case of cotton," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5861, The World Bank.
- Mwangi wa Githinji & Olugbenga Adesida, 2011. "Industrialization, Exports and the Developmental State in Africa: The Case for Transformation," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-18, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Gregory B. Cline & John M. Luiz, 2011. "The Economics of Information Technology in Public Sector Health Facilities in Developing Countries: The Case of South Africa," Working Papers 251, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Delpeuch, Claire, 2011. "African cotton markets at crossroads : will the price spike turn into a new kick-start ?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 5847, The World Bank.
- Mwangi wa Githinji & Frank Holmquist, 2011. "Transparency without Accountability," UMASS Amherst Economics Working Papers 2011-19, University of Massachusetts Amherst, Department of Economics.
- Ã ureo de Paula & Gil Shapira & Petra E. Todd, 2011. "How Beliefs about HIV Status Affect Risky Behaviors: Evidence from Malawi, Seventh Version," PIER Working Paper Archive 11-033, Penn Institute for Economic Research, Department of Economics, University of Pennsylvania, revised 15 Oct 2011.
- Anneleen Vandeplas & Bart Minten, 2011. "Food quality in domestic markets of developing economies:A comparative study of two countries," LICOS Discussion Papers 28911, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Bargain, Olivier & Donni, Olivier & Magejo, Prudence, 2011. "Intrahousehold Distribution and Child Poverty: Theory and Evidence from Côte d’Ivoire," IZA Discussion Papers 6029, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Marijke Verpoorten, 2011. "Leave None to Claim the Land. A Malthusian Catastrophe in Rwanda?," LICOS Discussion Papers 29111, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.