The Analysis of Market Definition and Market Power in the Context of Rapid Innovation
In: Essays In Technology Management And Policy Selected Papers of David J Teece
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Pleatsikas, Christopher & Teece, David, 2001. "The analysis of market definition and market power in the context of rapid innovation," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 19(5), pages 665-693, April.
References listed on IDEAS
- Demsetz, Harold, 1973. "Industry Structure, Market Rivalry, and Public Policy," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 16(1), pages 1-9, April.
- Ordover, Janusz A & Baumol, William J, 1988. "Antitrust Policy and High-Technology Industries," Oxford Review of Economic Policy, Oxford University Press, vol. 4(4), pages 13-34, Winter.
- Severin Borenstein, 1985. "Price Discrimination in Free-Entry Markets," RAND Journal of Economics, The RAND Corporation, vol. 16(3), pages 380-397, Autumn.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Rodolphe Durand & Robert M. Grant & Tammy L. Madsen & Gino Cattani & Joseph F. Porac & Howard Thomas, 2017. "Categories and competition," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 38(1), pages 64-92, January.
- Aurelien Portuese, 2020. "Beyond antitrust populism: Towards robust antitrust," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(2), pages 237-258, June.
- Michelle Connolly & James Prieger, 2009. "Economics at the FCC, 2008–2009: Broadband and Merger Review," Review of Industrial Organization, Springer;The Industrial Organization Society, vol. 35(4), pages 387-417, December.
- Adner, Ron & Zemsky, Peter, 2003. "Disruptive Technologies and the Emergence of Competition," CEPR Discussion Papers 3994, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Gual, Jordi, 2003. "Market Definition in the Telecoms Industry," CEPR Discussion Papers 3988, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Sumit K. Majumdar & Rabih Moussawi & Ulku Yaylacicegi, 2018. "Capital Structure and Mergers: Retrospective Evidence from a Natural Experiment," Journal of Industry, Competition and Trade, Springer, vol. 18(4), pages 449-472, December.
- Jochen Lorentzen & Peter Møllgaard, 2006.
"Competition Policy and Innovation,"
Chapters, in: Patrizio Bianchi & Sandrine Labory (ed.), International Handbook on Industrial Policy, chapter 6,
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Peter Møllgaard & Jo Lorentzen, 2005. "Competition Policy and Innovation," CIE Discussion Papers 2005-12, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Møllgaard, Peter & Lorentzen, Jo, 2006. "Competition Policy and Innovation," Working Papers 09-2005, Copenhagen Business School, Department of Economics.
- Yi-Chun Ou & Peter C. Verhoef & Thorsten Wiesel, 2017. "The effects of customer equity drivers on loyalty across services industries and firms," Journal of the Academy of Marketing Science, Springer, vol. 45(3), pages 336-356, May.
- Christian Genthon, 2007. "Can we measure Microsoft's market power ?," Post-Print halshs-00153837, HAL.
- Magdalena Sliwinska, 2015. "The Structural Power of Enterprises: Beyond the Notion of Market Power," Managing Global Transitions, University of Primorska, Faculty of Management Koper, vol. 13(2 (Summer), pages 189-206.
- Gual, Jordi, 2003. "Market definition in the telecoms industry," IESE Research Papers D/517, IESE Business School.
- John Ashton, 2001. "Market Definition of the UK Deposit Savings Account Market," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(6), pages 577-584.
- Connolly Michelle & Prieger James E., 2013. "A Basic Analysis of Entry and Exit in the US Broadband Market, 2005–2008," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 12(3), pages 229-270, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Chang-Yang Lee & Ji-Hwan Lee & Ajai S. Gaur, 2017. "Are large business groups conducive to industry innovation? The moderating role of technological appropriability," Asia Pacific Journal of Management, Springer, vol. 34(2), pages 313-337, June.
- Trigo Gamarra, Lucinda, 2008. "The effects of liberalization and deregulation on the performance of financial institutions: The case of the German life insurance market," Thuenen-Series of Applied Economic Theory 93, University of Rostock, Institute of Economics.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2013.
"Revisiting the “Cotton Problem”—A Comparative Analysis of Cotton Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa,"
World Development, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 209-221.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2010. "Revisiting the "Cotton Problem:" A Comparative Analysis of Cotton Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2010 AAAE Third Conference/AEASA 48th Conference, September 19-23, 2010, Cape Town, South Africa 96176, African Association of Agricultural Economists (AAAE).
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2010. "Revisiting the “cotton problem”: A comparative analysis of cotton reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa," 84th Annual Conference, March 29-31, 2010, Edinburgh, Scotland 91806, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen, 2011. "Revisiting the "Cotton Problem" - A Comparative Analysis of Cotton Reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa," 2011 International Congress, August 30-September 2, 2011, Zurich, Switzerland 114446, European Association of Agricultural Economists.
- Claire Delpeuch & Anneleen Vandeplas & Johan F.M.Swinnen, 2011. "Revisiting the "cotton problem": A comparative analysis of cotton reforms in sub-Saharan Africa," LICOS Discussion Papers 29011, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Delpeuch, Claire & Vandeplas, Anneleen & Swinnen, Johan F.M., 2010. "Revisiting the “Cotton Problem”: A comparative analysis of cotton reforms in Sub-Saharan Africa," 84th Annual Conference, March 29-31, 2010, Edinburgh, Scotland 62042, Agricultural Economics Society.
- Simon P. Anderson & Régis Renault, 2011. "Price Discrimination," Chapters, in: André de Palma & Robin Lindsey & Emile Quinet & Roger Vickerman (ed.), A Handbook of Transport Economics, chapter 22, Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Wenyi Chu & Chien-Nan Chen & Chuang-Hung Wang, 2008. "The market share--profitability relationships in the securities industry," The Service Industries Journal, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(6), pages 813-826, July.
- James R. Tybout, 2000.
"Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?,"
Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(1), pages 11-44, March.
- Tybout, James, 1998. "Manufacuring firms in developing countries - how well do they do, and why?," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1965, The World Bank.
- James Tybout, 1999. "Manufacturing Firms in Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, and Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9906001, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 10 Jun 1999.
- James Tybout, 1998. "Manufacturing Firms In Developing Countries: How Well Do They Do, And Why?," Development and Comp Systems 9805004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Amit Ghosh, 2018. "What Drives Banking Industry Competition in Developing Countries?," Journal of Economic Development, Chung-Ang Unviersity, Department of Economics, vol. 43(4), pages 1-20, December.
- Canh Nguyen & Minh Le & Khoa Cai & Michel Simioni, 2021. "Technical efficiency of Vietnamese manufacturing firms: do FDI spillovers matter?," Post-Print hal-03145499, HAL.
- Rabah Amir, "undated".
"Market Structure, Scale Economies and Industry Performance,"
CIE Discussion Papers
2000-03, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics. Centre for Industrial Economics.
- Rabah Amir, 2000. "Market Structure, Scale Economies and Industry Performance," Discussion Papers 00-08, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- AMIR, Rabah, 2003. "Market structure, scale economies and industry performance," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2003065, UniversitÃ© catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Rahab Amir, 2000. "Market Structure, Scale Economies, and Industry Performance," CIG Working Papers FS IV 00-08, Wissenschaftszentrum Berlin (WZB), Research Unit: Competition and Innovation (CIG).
- Samuel Fosu, 2013. "Banking Competition in Africa: Sub-regional Comparative Studies," Discussion Papers in Economics 13/12, Division of Economics, School of Business, University of Leicester, revised Jun 2013.
- Klaus Schaeck & Martin Cihák, 2014. "Competition, Efficiency, and Stability in Banking," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 43(1), pages 215-241, March.
- Murinde, Victor & Zhao, Tianshu, 2009. "Bank competition, risk taking and productive efficiency: Evidence from Nigeria's banking reform experiments," Stirling Economics Discussion Papers 2009-23, University of Stirling, Division of Economics.
- Goddard, John & Molyneux, Philip & Williams, Jonathan, 2014.
"Dealing with cross-firm heterogeneity in bank efficiency estimates: Some evidence from Latin America,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 130-142.
- John Goddard & Phil Molyneux & Jonathan Williams, 2013. "Dealing with Cross-Firm Heterogeneity in Bank Efficiency Estimates: Some evidence from Latin America," Working Papers 13011, Bangor Business School, Prifysgol Bangor University (Cymru / Wales).
- Seung-Hyun Lee & Hee Jin Mun & Kyung Min Park, 2015. "When is dependence on other organizations burdensome? The effect of asymmetric dependence on internet firm failure," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(13), pages 2058-2074, December.
- Allen N. Berger & David B. Humphrey, 1994.
"Bank scale economies, mergers, concentration, and efficiency: the U.S. experience,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
94-23, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen Berger & David Humphrey, 1994. "Bank Scale Economies, Mergers, Concentration, and Efficiency: The U.S. Experience," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-25, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Turk Ariss, Rima, 2010. "On the implications of market power in banking: Evidence from developing countries," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 765-775, April.
- Tong, Hui & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2014.
"Does trade globalization induce or inhibit corporate transparency? Unbundling the growth potential and product market competition channels,"
Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 94(2), pages 358-370.
- Hui Tong & Shang-Jin Wei, 2011. "Does Trade Globalization Induce or Inhibit Corporate Transparency? Unbundling the Growth Potential and Product Market Competition Channels," NBER Working Papers 17631, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Tong, Hui & Wei, Shang-Jin, 2012. "Does Trade Globalization Induce or Inhibit Corporate Transparency? Unbundling the Growth Potential and Product Market Competition Channels," CEPR Discussion Papers 8836, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Uchida, Hirofumi & Tsutsui, Yoshiro, 2005.
"Has competition in the Japanese banking sector improved?,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(2), pages 419-439, February.
- Hirofumi Uchida & Yoshiro Tsutsui, 2002. "Has Competition in the Japanese Banking Sector Improved?," Discussion Papers in Economics and Business 02-09-Rev, Osaka University, Graduate School of Economics, revised Sep 2003.
- Marcus Asplund & Rickard Eriksson & Niklas Strand, 2008. "Price Discrimination In Oligopoly: Evidence From Regional Newspapers," Journal of Industrial Economics, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 56(2), pages 333-346, June.
- Jentzsch, Nicola & Sapi, Geza & Suleymanova, Irina, 2013.
"Targeted pricing and customer data sharing among rivals,"
International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 31(2), pages 131-144.
- Nicola Jentzsch & Geza Sapi & Irina Suleymanova, 2010. "Joint Customer Data Acquisition and Sharing among Rivals," Discussion Papers of DIW Berlin 1045, DIW Berlin, German Institute for Economic Research.
- Jentzsch, Nicola & Sapi, Geza & Suleymanova, Irina, 2012. "Targeted pricing and customer data sharing among rivals," DICE Discussion Papers 60, University of Düsseldorf, Düsseldorf Institute for Competition Economics (DICE).
More about this item
- C44 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods: Special Topics - - - Operations Research; Statistical Decision Theory
- D83 - Microeconomics - - Information, Knowledge, and Uncertainty - - - Search; Learning; Information and Knowledge; Communication; Belief; Unawareness
- G34 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Mergers; Acquisitions; Restructuring; Corporate Governance
- O32 - Economic Development, Innovation, Technological Change, and Growth - - Innovation; Research and Development; Technological Change; Intellectual Property Rights - - - Management of Technological Innovation and R&D
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:wschap:9789812796929_0014. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://www.worldscientific.com/page/worldscibooks .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.