Did J. P. Morgan's Men Add Value? An Economist's Perspective on Financial Capitalism
In: Inside the Business Enterprise: Historical Perspectives on the Use of Information
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Gorton, Gary, 1985. "Clearinghouses and the Origin of Central Banking in the United States," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 45(02), pages 277-283, June.
- Gorton, Gary & Mullineaux, Donald J, 1987. "The Joint Production of Confidence: Endogenous Regulation and Nineteenth Century Commercial-Bank Clearinghouses," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 19(4), pages 457-468, November.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Hautcoeur, Pierre-Cyrille, 2004.
"Efficiency, competition, and the development of life insurance in France (1870-1939): Or: should we trust pension funds?,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 205-232, July.
- Pierre-Cyrille Hautcoeur, 2003. "Efficiency, competition and the development of life insurance in France (1870-1939) Or: should we trust pension funds ?," DELTA Working Papers 2003-17, DELTA (Ecole normale supérieure).
- Grossman, Richard S. & Imai, Masami, 2016.
"Taking the lord's name in vain: The impact of connected directors on 19th century British banks,"
Explorations in Economic History,
Elsevier, vol. 59(C), pages 75-93.
- Richard S. Grossman & Masami Imai, 2014. "Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th Century British Banks," CESifo Working Paper Series 5129, CESifo Group Munich.
- Grossman, Richard & Imai, Masami, 2015. "Taking the Lord's Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th century British Banks," CEPR Discussion Papers 10367, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Richard S.Grossman & Masami Imai, 2014. "Taking the Lord’s Name in Vain: The Impact of Connected Directors on 19th century British Banks," Wesleyan Economics Working Papers 2014-004, Wesleyan University, Department of Economics.
- Deloof, Marc & Vermoesen, Veronique, 2016. "The value of corporate boards during the Great Depression in Belgium," Explorations in Economic History, Elsevier, vol. 62(C), pages 108-123.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:nbr:nberch:7182. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: () or (Joanne Lustig). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/nberrus.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.