Empirical studies of macroeconomic interdependence
In: Handbook of International Economics
In this paper we examine the structure and empirical results from several groups of linked econometric models. The main focus of the paper is on the international transmission of fiscal policies, monetary policies, and oil price shocks, under both fixed and flexible exchange rates. The linkage models are divided into four groups: projects based on available national models; projects using structural models designed with monetary and exchange rate linkages in mind; projects focussed mainly on trade linkages; and projects using very small national models with common structure. Each group comprises from two to four projects. Comparable results on the transmission of fiscal policy under fixed exchange rates are available for eight projects, while four projects provide evidence on the domestic and international effects of monetary policy and oil price shocks.
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
|This chapter was published in: ||This item is provided by Elsevier in its series Handbook of International Economics with number
2-21.||Handle:|| RePEc:eee:intchp:2-21||Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.elsevier.com/wps/find/bookseriesdescription.cws_home/BS_HE/description |
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Michael R. Darby, 1980. "International Transmission under Pegged and Floating Exchange Rates: An Empirical Comparison," NBER Working Papers 0585, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Corden, W Max & Neary, J Peter, 1982. "Booming Sector and De-Industrialisation in a Small Open Economy," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 92(368), pages 825-48, December.
- Howe, Howard & Hernandez-Cata, Ernesto & Stevens, Guy & Berner, Richard & Clark, Peter & Kwack, Sung Y., 1981.
"Assessing international interdependence with a multi-country model,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 65-92, January.
- Howard Howe & Ernesto Hernandez-Cata & Guy Stevens & Richard Berner & Peter Clark & Sung Y. Kwack, 1979. "Assessing international interdependence with a multi-country model," International Finance Discussion Papers 138, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Jeffrey D. Sachs, 1980. "Energy and Growth under Flexible Exchange Rates: A Simulation Study," NBER Working Papers 0582, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ray C. Fair, 1981.
"Estimated Effects of Relative Prices on Trade Shares,"
NBER Working Papers
0696, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ray C. Fair, 1981. "Estimated Effects of Relative Prices on Trade Shares," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 597, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Fair, Ray C, 1982.
"Estimated Output, Price, Interest Rate, and Exchange Rate Linkages among Countries,"
Journal of Political Economy,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 90(3), pages 507-35, June.
- Ray C. Fair, 1981. "Estimated Output, Price, Interest Rate, and Exchange Rate Linkages amongCountries," NBER Working Papers 0677, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Ray C. Fair, 1981. "Estimated Output, Price, Interest Rate, and Exchange Rate Linkages Among Countries," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 592, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Ray C. Fair, 1979. "A Multicountry Econometric Model," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 541R, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University, revised 1981.
- David P. Baron, 1975. "Flexible Exchange Rates," Discussion Papers 127, Northwestern University, Center for Mathematical Studies in Economics and Management Science.
- Hickman, Bert G. & Lau, Lawrence J., 1973. "Elasticities of substitution and export demands in a world trade model," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 4(4), pages 347-380, December.
- Michael R. Darby & James R. Lothian & Arthur E. Gandolfi & Anna J. Schwartz & Alan C. Stockman, 1983.
"The International Transmission of Inflation,"
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number darb83-1, June.
- Jean Waelbroeck & André Dramais, 1974.
"Desmos: a model for the coordination of economic policies in the EEC countries,"
ULB Institutional Repository
2013/10932, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- WAELBROECK, Jean & DRAMAIS, A., . "Desmos: A model for the coordination of economic policies in the EEC countries," CORE Discussion Papers RP -231, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Moriguchi, C, 1973. "Forecasting and Simulation Analysis of the World Economy," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 63(2), pages 402-09, May.
- Bert Hickman & Stefan Schleicher, 1978. "The interdependence of national economies and the synchronization of economic fluctuations: Evidence from the LINK project," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer, vol. 114(4), pages 642-708, December.
- Ranuzzi, P., 1981. "The experience of the EEC Eurolink Project in modeling bilateral trade linkage equations," Journal of Policy Modeling, Elsevier, vol. 3(2), pages 153-173, May.
- Barten, A. P. & d'Alcantara, G. & Carrin, G. J., 1976. "COMET : A medium-term macroeconomic model for the European economic community," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 63-115.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:eee:intchp:2-21. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Zhang, Lei)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.