|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
Michael Smurfit Graduate School of Business Dublin, Ireland
School of Business
University College Dublin
RePEc:edi:dbucdie (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Articles
- Alcalde, Nuria & Powell, Ronan, 2022. "Government intervention in European mergers and acquisitions," The North American Journal of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Wael Almaqoushi & Ronan Powell, 2021. "Audit committee quality indices, reporting quality and firm value," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(1-2), pages 185-229, January.
- Hsu, Po-Hsuan & Huang, Peng & Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Powell, Ronan, 2021. "Cross-border mergers and acquisitions for innovation," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Powell, Ronan & Zhang, Emma Jincheng, 2019. "Practice makes progress: Evidence from divestitures," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 105(C), pages 1-19.
- McGuinness, Gerard & Hogan, Teresa & Powell, Ronan, 2018. "European trade credit use and SME survival," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 81-103.
- Huang, Peng & Officer, Micah S. & Powell, Ronan, 2016. "Method of payment and risk mitigation in cross-border mergers and acquisitions," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 216-234.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Powell, Ronan, 2014. "Firm size, sovereign governance, and value creation: Evidence from the acquirer size effect," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 26(C), pages 57-77.
- Ronan Powell & Alfred Yawson, 2012. "Internal Restructuring and Firm Survival," International Review of Finance, International Review of Finance Ltd., vol. 12(4), pages 435-467, December.
- Harford, Jarrad & Humphery-Jenner, Mark & Powell, Ronan, 2012. "The sources of value destruction in acquisitions by entrenched managers," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 106(2), pages 247-261.
- Edward Lee & Ronan Powell, 2011. "Excess cash holdings and shareholder value," Accounting and Finance, Accounting and Finance Association of Australia and New Zealand, vol. 51(2), pages 549-574, June.
- Humphery-Jenner, Mark L. & Powell, Ronan G., 2011. "Firm size, takeover profitability, and the effectiveness of the market for corporate control: Does the absence of anti-takeover provisions make a difference?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 418-437, June.
- Peter Dunne & Haim Falk & John Forker & Ronan Powell, 2008. "The market response to information quality shocks: the case of Enron," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(13), pages 1051-1066.
- John Forker & Ronan Powell, 2008. "A Comparison of Error Rates for EVA, Residual Income, GAAP-earnings and Other Metrics Using a Long-Window Valuation Approach," European Accounting Review, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 17(3), pages 471-502.
- Ronan Powell & Alfred Yawson, 2007. "Are Corporate Restructuring Events Driven by Common Factors? Implications for Takeover Prediction," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 34(7‐8), pages 1169-1192, September.
- Powell, Ronan G. & Stark, Andrew W., 2005. "Does operating performance increase post-takeover for UK takeovers? A comparison of performance measures and benchmarks," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 11(1-2), pages 293-317, March.
- Powell, Ronan & Yawson, Alfred, 2005. "Industry aspects of takeovers and divestitures: Evidence from the UK," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(12), pages 3015-3040, December.
- Ronan G. Powell, 2004. "Takeover Prediction Models and Portfolio Strategies: A Multinomial Approach," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 8(1-2), pages 35-72, March-Jun.
- Ronan G. Powell, 2001. "Takeover Prediction and Portfolio Performance: A Note," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 28(7‐8), pages 993-1011, September.
- S. Manson & R. Powell & A. W. Stark & H. M. Thomas, 2000. "Identifying the Sources of Gains From Takeovers," Accounting Forum, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 24(4), pages 319-343, December.
- Jay Dahya & Ronan Powell, 1998. "Ownership Structure, Managerial Turnover and Takeovers: Further U.K. Evidence on the Market for Corporate Control," Multinational Finance Journal, Multinational Finance Journal, vol. 2(1), pages 62-83, March.
- Ronan G. Powell, 1997. "Modelling Takeover Likelihood," Journal of Business Finance & Accounting, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 24(7‐8), pages 1009-1030, September.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
RankingsThis author is among the top 5% authors according to these criteria:
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Ronan Powell should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.