|[This author has chosen not to make the email address public]|
|Keck Graduate Institute of Applied Life Sciences The Claremont Colleges 535 Watson Drive Claremont, CA 91711|
(95%) Keck Graduate Institutehttp://www.kgi.edu
(5%) Paul Merage School of Business Irvine, California (United States)
University of California-Irvine
RePEc:edi:gsucius (more details at EDIRC)
Research outputJump to: Articles Books
- Joel West, 2020. "Localized Knowledge Flows and Asymmetric Motivations in Open Innovation," Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 181-196.
- Sophie Mignon & Cécile Ayerbe & Sandra Dubouloz & Marc Robert & Joel West, 2020. "Managerial Innovation and Management of Open Innovation," Journal of Innovation Economics, De Boeck Université, vol. 0(2), pages 3-12.
- Oliver Alexy & Joel West & Helge Klapper & Markus Reitzig, 2018. "Surrendering control to gain advantage: Reconciling openness and the resource‐based view of the firm," Strategic Management Journal, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 39(6), pages 1704-1727, June.
- Christopher L. Tucci & Henry Chesbrough & Frank Piller & Joel West, 2016. "When do firms undertake open, collaborative activities? Introduction to the special section on open innovation and open business models," Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 283-288.
- West, Joel & Kuk, George, 2016. "The complementarity of openness: How MakerBot leveraged Thingiverse in 3D printing," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 169-181.
- Joel West, 2014. "Too little, too early: California’s transient advantage in the photovoltaic solar industry," The Journal of Technology Transfer, Springer, vol. 39(3), pages 487-501, June.
- Joel West, 2008. "Commercializing Open Science: Deep Space Communications as the Lead Market for Shannon Theory, 1960–73," Journal of Management Studies, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 45(8), pages 1506-1532, December.
- Joel West & Siobhan O'mahony, 2008. "The Role of Participation Architecture in Growing Sponsored Open Source Communities," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 145-168.
- Joel West & Karim Lakhani, 2008. "Getting Clear About Communities in Open Innovation," Industry and Innovation, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 223-231.
- West, Joel, 2003. "How open is open enough?: Melding proprietary and open source platform strategies," Research Policy, Elsevier, vol. 32(7), pages 1259-1285, July.
- Joel West & Justin Tan, 2002.
"Qualcomm in China (A),"
Asian Case Research Journal (ACRJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 6(02), pages 85-99.
- Joel West & Justin Tan, 2002. "Qualcomm in China (B)," Asian Case Research Journal (ACRJ), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 6(02), pages 101-128.
- Joel West & Jason Dedrick, 2000.
"Innovation and Control in Standards Architectures: The Rise and Fall of Japan's PC-98,"
Information Systems Research, INFORMS, vol. 11(2), pages 197-216, June.
RePEc:igg:jitsr0:v:4:y:2006:i:2:p:1-23 is not listed on IDEAS
- King, John Leslie & West, Joel, 0. "Ma Bell's orphan: US cellular telephony, 1947-1996," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 26(3-4), pages 189-203, April.
- West, Joel & Mace, Michael, 0. "Browsing as the killer app: Explaining the rapid success of Apple's iPhone," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(5-6), pages 270-286, June.
- Bekkers, Rudi & West, Joel, 0.
"The limits to IPR standardization policies as evidenced by strategic patenting in UMTS,"
Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1-2), pages 80-97, February.
RePEc:igg:jitsr0:v:7:y:2009:i:1:p:13-34 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chesbrough, Henry & Vanhaverbeke, Wim & West, Joel (ed.), 2008. "Open Innovation: Researching a New Paradigm," OUP Catalogue, Oxford University Press, number 9780199226467.
More informationResearch fields, statistics, top rankings, if available.
Access and download statistics for all items
Co-authorship network on CollEc
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. For general information on how to correct material on RePEc, see these instructions.
To update listings or check citations waiting for approval, Joel West should log into the RePEc Author Service.
To make corrections to the bibliographic information of a particular item, find the technical contact on the abstract page of that item. There, details are also given on how to add or correct references and citations.
To link different versions of the same work, where versions have a different title, use this form. Note that if the versions have a very similar title and are in the author's profile, the links will usually be created automatically.
Please note that most corrections can take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.