Risk, Uncertainty And The Agricultural Firm:
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Annemie Maertens & A. V. Chari & David R. Just, 2014.
"Why Farmers Sometimes Love Risks: Evidence from India,"
Economic Development and Cultural Change,
University of Chicago Press, vol. 62(2), pages 239-274.
- Annemie Maertens & David R. Just & Amalavoyal V. Chari, 2011. "Why Farmers Sometimes Love Risks Evidence from India," Working Papers WR-902, RAND Corporation.
- Xavier Vollenweider, 2014. "A simple framework for the estimation of climate exposure," GRI Working Papers 158, Grantham Research Institute on Climate Change and the Environment.
More about this item
KeywordsThis text is the first major survey of risk analysis from the perspective of the agricultural firms since Agricultural Decision Analysis by Anderson; Dillon; and Hardaker published in 1977. In addition to updating the traditional material from that text; this book includes the statistical foundations of decision making under risk and uncertainty. Adding to the material covered in Anderson; Dillon; and Hardaker; the text includes material on dynamic decision rules; the arbitrage pricing model; real options theory; and state-contingent production relationships. Risk; Uncertainty; and the Agricultural Firm provides a unique discussion of each application ¡ª developing the theoretical basis for each model and presenting an empirical roadmap (or the ¡°nuts and bolts¡±) of each model to facilitate the empirical application of each technique.;
- Q - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics
- Q1 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture
- Q18 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Policy; Food Policy
- Q14 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Finance
- Q13 - Agricultural and Natural Resource Economics; Environmental and Ecological Economics - - Agriculture - - - Agricultural Markets and Marketing; Cooperatives; Agribusiness
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wsi:wsbook:7469. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Tai Tone Lim). General contact details of provider: http://ebooks.worldscinet.com/ .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .