Job Matching, Wage Dispersion, and Unemployment
- Tatsiramos, Konstantinos(Senior Research Associate, IZA)Zimmermann, Klaus F.(Director of the IZA and Professor of Economics, University of Bonn)Registered editor(s):
Dale T. Mortensen and Christopher A. Pissarides are the recipients (with Peter Diamond) of the Nobel memorial Prize in Economics 2010. They have made path-breaking contributions to the analysis of markets with search and matching frictions, which account for much of the success of job search theory and the flows approach in becoming a leading tool for microeconomic and macroeconomic analysis of labor markets. Both scientists have gained groundbreaking insights through individual as well as joint research. Consequently, this volume not only features several papers which helped shape the equilibrium search model, including some early contributions which have initiated the research on what is known today as the search and matching model of the labor market, but it also presents a joint paper by the IZA Prize Laureates, which is a complete statement of the equilibrium search and matching model with endogenous job creation and job destruction. As part of the IZA Prize Series, the book presents a selection of their most important work which has highly enriched research on unemployment as an equilibrium phenomenon, on labor market dynamics, and on cyclical adjustment.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
|This book is provided by Oxford University Press in its series OUP Catalogue with number 9780199233786 and published in 2011.|
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.oup.com/|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.oup.com/|
- Pissarides, Christopher A., 2015. "Dale Mortensen: An appreciation," Research in Economics, Elsevier, vol. 69(1), pages 1-6.
- Kornstad, Tom & Nymoen, Ragnar & Skjerpen, Terje, 2012.
"Macroeconomic Shocks and the Probability of Being Employed,"
03/2012, Oslo University, Department of Economics.
- Kornstad, Tom & Nymoen, Ragnar & Skjerpen, Terje, 2013. "Macroeconomic shocks and the probability of being employed," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 33(C), pages 572-587.
- Tom Kornstad & Ragnar Nymoen & Terje Skjerpen, 2012. "Macroeconomic shocks and the probability of being employed," Discussion Papers 675, Statistics Norway, Research Department.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:oxp:obooks:9780199233786. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Economics Book Marketing)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
Follow series, journals, authors & more
New papers by email
Subscribe to new additions to RePEc
Public profiles for Economics researchers
Various rankings of research in Economics & related fields
Who was a student of whom, using RePEc
Curated articles & papers various economics topics
Blog aggregator for economics research
Cases of plagiarism in Economics
Job Market Papers
RePEc working paper series dedicated to the job market
Pretend you are at the helm of an economics department
Services from the StL Fed
Data, research, apps & more from the St. Louis Fed