Classification of Data Envelopment Analysis models
This article contains a method for classifying Data Envelopment Analysis models. Two main criteria i.e. orientation and returns to scale are used. These criteria enable distinguishing between oriented and non-oriented DEA models with constant and variable returns to scale. Basic properties of input oriented and output oriented DEA models with constant returns to scale are illustrated using an example of the CCR model. The BCC model is used to characterize the oriented DEA model with variable returns to scale. A graphical presentation of the efficiency frontier and the efficiency measure and primal and dual programming problems are presented for both types of models. In the article an additive model is considered as an example of a non-oriented DEA model. Moreover, other ways of classifying DEA models are also shown.
Volume (Year): 3 (2009)
Issue (Month): ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.ioz.pwr.wroc.pl/|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Charnes, A. & Cooper, W. W. & Rhodes, E., 1978. "Measuring the efficiency of decision making units," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 2(6), pages 429-444, November.
- Berger, A. N. & Brockett, P. L. & Cooper, W. W. & Pastor, J. T., 1997. "New approaches for analyzing and evaluating the performance of financial institutions," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 98(2), pages 170-174, April.
- Banker, Rajiv D. & Cooper, William W. & Seiford, Lawrence M. & Thrall, Robert M. & Zhu, Joe, 2004. "Returns to scale in different DEA models," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 154(2), pages 345-362, April.
- Cook, Wade D. & Seiford, Larry M., 2009. "Data envelopment analysis (DEA) - Thirty years on," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 192(1), pages 1-17, January.
- Kleine, A., 2004. "A general model framework for DEA," Omega, Elsevier, vol. 32(1), pages 17-23, February.
- Emrouznejad, Ali & Parker, Barnett R. & Tavares, Gabriel, 2008. "Evaluation of research in efficiency and productivity: A survey and analysis of the first 30 years of scholarly literature in DEA," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 42(3), pages 151-157, September.
- Pekka Korhonen & Mikko Syrjänen, 2003. "Evaluation of Cost Efficiency in Finnish Electricity Distribution," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 121(1), pages 105-122, July.
- Gattoufi, Said & Oral, Muhittin & Reisman, Arnold, 2004. "A taxonomy for data envelopment analysis," Socio-Economic Planning Sciences, Elsevier, vol. 38(2-3), pages 141-158.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wut:journl:v:3:y:2009:p:5-18. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Piotr Wawrzynowski)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.