A computational study of approximation algorithms for a minmax resource allocation problem
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Adam Kasperski & Paweł Zieliński, 2009. "A randomized algorithm for the min-max selecting items problem with uncertain weights," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 172(1), pages 221-230, November.
- Aissi, Hassene & Bazgan, Cristina & Vanderpooten, Daniel, 2009. "Min-max and min-max regret versions of combinatorial optimization problems: A survey," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 197(2), pages 427-438, September.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- repec:wut:journl:v:2:y:2012:id:1022 is not listed on IDEAS
- Chassein, André & Dokka, Trivikram & Goerigk, Marc, 2019. "Algorithms and uncertainty sets for data-driven robust shortest path problems," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 274(2), pages 671-686.
- Mohammad Javad Feizollahi & Igor Averbakh, 2014. "The Robust (Minmax Regret) Quadratic Assignment Problem with Interval Flows," INFORMS Journal on Computing, INFORMS, vol. 26(2), pages 321-335, May.
- Chassein, André & Goerigk, Marc, 2018. "Compromise solutions for robust combinatorial optimization with variable-sized uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 269(2), pages 544-555.
- Chassein, André & Goerigk, Marc & Kurtz, Jannis & Poss, Michael, 2019. "Faster algorithms for min-max-min robustness for combinatorial problems with budgeted uncertainty," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 279(2), pages 308-319.
- Kalaı¨, Rim & Lamboray, Claude & Vanderpooten, Daniel, 2012. "Lexicographic α-robustness: An alternative to min–max criteria," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 220(3), pages 722-728.
- Conde, Eduardo, 2012. "On a constant factor approximation for minmax regret problems using a symmetry point scenario," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 219(2), pages 452-457.
- Karimi, Hamid & Jadid, Shahram, 2020. "Optimal energy management for multi-microgrid considering demand response programs: A stochastic multi-objective framework," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 195(C).
- Marc Goerigk & Adam Kasperski & Paweł Zieliński, 2022. "Robust two-stage combinatorial optimization problems under convex second-stage cost uncertainty," Journal of Combinatorial Optimization, Springer, vol. 43(3), pages 497-527, April.
- Alireza Amirteimoori & Simin Masrouri, 2021. "DEA-based competition strategy in the presence of undesirable products: An application to paper mills," Operations Research and Decisions, Wroclaw University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 31(2), pages 5-21.
- Adam Kasperski & Paweł Zieliński, 2019. "Risk-averse single machine scheduling: complexity and approximation," Journal of Scheduling, Springer, vol. 22(5), pages 567-580, October.
- Ram, Camelia, 2020. "Scenario presentation and scenario generation in multi-criteria assessments: An exploratory study," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 151(C).
- Haokai Xie & Pu Zhao & Xudong Ji & Qun Lin & Lianguang Liu, 2019. "Expansion Planning Method of the Industrial Park Integrated Energy System Considering Regret Aversion," Energies, MDPI, vol. 12(21), pages 1-20, October.
- Chassein, André & Goerigk, Marc, 2018. "Variable-sized uncertainty and inverse problems in robust optimization," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 264(1), pages 17-28.
- Marcin Siepak & Jerzy Józefczyk, 2014. "Solution algorithms for unrelated machines minmax regret scheduling problem with interval processing times and the total flow time criterion," Annals of Operations Research, Springer, vol. 222(1), pages 517-533, November.
- Machani, Mahdi & Nourelfath, Mustapha & D’Amours, Sophie, 2015. "A scenario-based modelling approach to identify robust transformation strategies for pulp and paper companies," International Journal of Production Economics, Elsevier, vol. 168(C), pages 41-63.
- Schroeder, Pascal & Kacem, Imed, 2020. "Competitive difference analysis of the cash management problem with uncertain demands," European Journal of Operational Research, Elsevier, vol. 283(3), pages 1183-1192.
- Margarita Antoniou & Gregor Papa, 2021. "Differential Evolution with Estimation of Distribution for Worst-Case Scenario Optimization," Mathematics, MDPI, vol. 9(17), pages 1-22, September.
- Feng, Xin & Dai, Yongwu, 2019. "An innovative type of forest insurance in China based on the robust approach," Forest Policy and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 104(C), pages 23-32.
- Goerigk, Marc & Deghdak, Kaouthar & T’Kindt, Vincent, 2015. "A two-stage robustness approach to evacuation planning with buses," Transportation Research Part B: Methodological, Elsevier, vol. 78(C), pages 66-82.
- Fabrice Talla Nobibon & Roel Leus, 2014. "Complexity Results and Exact Algorithms for Robust Knapsack Problems," Journal of Optimization Theory and Applications, Springer, vol. 161(2), pages 533-552, May.
More about this item
Keywordsdiscrete optimization; robust optimization; resource allocation; approximation algorithms;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wut:journl:v:2:y:2012:p:35-43:id:1022. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iopwrpl.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Adam Kasperski (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/iopwrpl.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.