Catastrophic payments for health care among households in urban Tamil Nadu, India
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Mark Montgomery & Paul Hewett, 2005.
"Urban poverty and health in developing countries: Household and neighborhood Effects,"
Springer;Population Association of America (PAA), vol. 42(3), pages 397-425, August.
- Mark R. Montgomery & Paul C. Hewett, 2004. "Urban Poverty and Health in Developing Countries: Household and Neighborhood Effects," Department of Economics Working Papers 04-01, Stony Brook University, Department of Economics.
- Russell, Steven & Gilson, Lucy, 2006. "Are health services protecting the livelihoods of the urban poor in Sri Lanka? Findings from two low-income areas of Colombo," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 63(7), pages 1732-1744, October.
- Gabriela Flores & Jaya Krishnakumar & Owen O'Donnell & Eddy van Doorslaer, 2008. "Coping with health-care costs: implications for the measurement of catastrophic expenditures and poverty," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 17(12), pages 1393-1412.
- David H. Peters & Abdo S. Yazbeck & Rashmi R. Sharma & G. N. V. Ramana & Lant H. Pritchett & Adam Wagstaff, 2002. "Better Health Systems for India's Poor : Findings, Analysis, and Options," World Bank Publications, The World Bank, number 14080.
- Md. Azmal Kabir & Ataur Rahman & Sarah Salway & Jane Pryer, 2000. "Sickness among the urban poor: a barrier to livelihood security," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 12(5), pages 707-722.
- Eddy van Doorslaer & Owen O'Donnell & Ravindra P. Rannan-Eliya & Aparnaa Somanathan & Shiva Raj Adhikari & Charu C. Garg & Deni Harbianto & Alejandro N. Herrin & Mohammed Nazmul Huq & Shamsia Ibragimo, 2007. "Catastrophic payments for health care in Asia," Health Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 16(11), pages 1159-1184.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Pal, Rama, 2010. "Borrowing for hospitalization in India," MPRA Paper 29404, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Syed M. Ahsan & Syed Abdul Hamid & Shubhasish Barua, 2012. "Utilisation of Formal Health Care and Out-of-Pocket Payments in Rural Bangladesh," Working Papers 13, Institute of Microfinance (InM).
- Patrick Mullen & Divya Nair & Jayati Nigam & Katyayni Seth, 2016. "Urban Health Advantages and Penalties in India," World Bank Other Operational Studies 24025, The World Bank.
- Ergler, Christina R. & Sakdapolrak, Patrick & Bohle, Hans-Georg & Kearns, Robin A., 2011. "Entitlements to health care: Why is there a preference for private facilities among poorer residents of Chennai, India?," Social Science & Medicine, Elsevier, vol. 72(3), pages 327-337, February.
- Rama Pal, 2010.
"Analysing Catastrophic OOP Health Expenditure in India : Concepts, Determinants and Policy Implications,"
Microeconomics Working Papers
22775, East Asian Bureau of Economic Research.
- Rama Pal, 2010. "Analysing Catastrophic OOP Health Expenditure in India: Concepts, Determinants and Policy Implications," Working Papers id:2420, eSocialSciences.
- Rama Pal, 2010. "Analysing catastrophic OOP health expenditure in India: Concepts, determinants and policy implications," Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai Working Papers 2010-001, Indira Gandhi Institute of Development Research, Mumbai, India.
- Rama Pal, 2012. "Measuring incidence of catastrophic out-of-pocket health expenditure: with application to India," International Journal of Health Economics and Management, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 63-85, March.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:21:y:2009:i:2:p:169-184. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.