Globalization and restructuring in the South African automotive industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Imraan Valodia, 1999. "Trade policy, productivity and learning: Evidence in South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 531-546.
- Kaplinsky, Raphael & Morris, Mike, 1999. "Trade Policy Reform and the Competitive Response in Kwazulu Natal Province, South Africa," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 717-737, April.
- Alcorta, Ludovico, 1998. "Flexible Automation and Location of Production in Developing Countries," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 05, United Nations University - INTECH.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Anthony Black, 2009. "Location, Automotive Policy, and Multinational Strategy: The Position of South Africa in the Global Industry since 1995," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 40(3), pages 483-512.
- Anthony Black, 2011. "Trade Liberalization, Technical Change and Firm Level Restructuring in the South African Automotive Component Sector," Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies), Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 3(2), pages 173-202, July.
- A. Black & S Mitchell, 2002. "Policy In The South African Motor Industry: Goals, Incentives, And Outcomes," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 70(8), pages 1273-1297, December.
- Black Anthony & McLennan Thomas & Makundi Brian, 2017. "Working Paper 282 - Africa’s Automotive Industry Potential and Challenges," Working Paper Series 2412, African Development Bank.
- Jakob Engel & Deborah Winkler & Thomas Farole, 2016. "SACU in Global Value Chains," World Bank Other Operational Studies 23789, The World Bank.
- Lorentzen, Jochen, 2005. "The absorptive capacities of South African automotive component suppliers," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 33(7), pages 1153-1182, July.
- Rasiah, Rajah & Tamale, Henry, 2004. "Productivity, Exports, Skills and Technological Capabilities: A Study of Foreign and Local Manufacturing Firms in Uganda," UNU-INTECH Discussion Paper Series 01, United Nations University - INTECH.
- Johannes Machaka & Simon Roberts, 2003. "The Dti'S New'Integrated Manufacturing Strategy?'," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 71(4), pages 679-704, December.
- Lila J. Truett & Dale B. Truett, 2009. "Firm Size And Efficiency In The South African Motor Vehicle Industry ," Australian Economic Papers, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 48(4), pages 333-341, December.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:jintdv:v:13:y:2001:i:6:p:779-796. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley Content Delivery) or (Christopher F. Baum). General contact details of provider: http://www3.interscience.wiley.com/journal/5102/home .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.