Investment decisions for country elevators
Trainload shipments of grain by elevators substantially reduce their transportation costs. However, many elevators must make investments upgrading their plant before they can ship in trainload movements. In this article, a logit model is developed which considers the investment decision for particular elevators in terms of the physical characteristics of the facility and firm attributes. The results suggest there are considerable differences across elevators in the likelihood of being targeted for investment and shipping grain in trainload movements.
To our knowledge, this item is not available for
download. To find whether it is available, there are three
1. Check below under "Related research" whether another version of this item is available online.
2. Check on the provider's web page whether it is in fact available.
3. Perform a search for a similarly titled item that would be available.
Volume (Year): 5 (1989)
Issue (Month): 5 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://onlinelibrary.wiley.com/journal/10.1002/(ISSN)1520-6297|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Cobia, David W. & Wilson, William W. & Gunn, Steven P. & Coon, Randal C., 1986. "Pricing Systems of Trainloading Country Elevator Cooperatives," Agricultural Economics Reports 23182, North Dakota State University, Department of Agribusiness and Applied Economics.
- Donald A. Hilger & Bruce A. McCarl & J. William Uhrig, 1977. "Facilities Location: The Case of Grain Subterminals," American Journal of Agricultural Economics, Agricultural and Applied Economics Association, vol. 59(4), pages 674-682.
- Fuller, Stephen W. & Sorenson, L. Orlo & Johnson, Marc A. & Oehrtman, Robert L., 1981. "Alternative Wheat Collection And Transportation Systems For The Southern U.S. Plains," Western Journal of Agricultural Economics, Western Agricultural Economics Association, vol. 6(01), July.
- Stephen Fuller & Kerry Litzenberg & Larry Makus & Hector Viscencio, 1986. "Upgrading grain elevators to facilitate multicar rail shipments," Agribusiness, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 2(2), pages 247-263.
- F. Larry Martin & D. Grant Devine & Surendra N. Kulshreshtha, 1978. "Centralized Prairie Grain Collection: Savings Related To Market Efficiency," Canadian Journal of Agricultural Economics/Revue canadienne d'agroeconomie, Canadian Agricultural Economics Society/Societe canadienne d'agroeconomie, vol. 26(2), pages 18-34, 07.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:wly:agribz:v:5:y:1989:i:5:p:449-464. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Wiley-Blackwell Digital Licensing)or (Christopher F. Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.