Regional specialization and geographic concentration: experiences from Slovak industry
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Karl Aiginger & Stephen W. Davies, 2004.
"Industrial specialisation and geographic concentration: Two sides of the same coin? Not for the European Union,"
Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 7, pages 231-248, November.
- Aiginger, Karl & Davies, Stephen W., 2004. "Industrial specialisation and geographic concentration: Two sides of the same coin? Not for the European Union," Journal of Applied Economics, Universidad del CEMA, vol. 7(2), pages 1-18, November.
- Adrian Smith & John Pickles & Milan Bucek & Rudolf Pástor & Bob Begg, 2014. "The political economy of global production networks: regional industrial change and differential upgrading in the East European clothing industry," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 14(6), pages 1023-1051.
- Roberto Ezcurra & Edro Pascual & Manuel Rapún, 2006. "The Dynamics of Industrial Concentration in the Regions of the European Union," Growth and Change, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 37(2), pages 200-229, June.
- Martin Sokol, 2001. "Central and Eastern Europe a Decade After the Fall of State-socialism: Regional Dimensions of Transition Processes," Regional Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 35(7), pages 645-655.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Eleonora Cutrini, 2005. "The Balassa Index meets the Theil Index - a Decomposition Methodology for Location Studies," ERSA conference papers ersa05p123, European Regional Science Association.
- Maria Tsiapa, 2014. "Industrial Concentration Patterns of the European Union," SCIENZE REGIONALI, FrancoAngeli Editore, vol. 2014(3), pages 5-33.
- Juan R. Cuadrado-Roura & Andres Maroto-Sanchez, 2011. "Regional productivity growth in European countries. The role of services," ERSA conference papers ersa10p163, European Regional Science Association.
- D'artis Kancs, 2007.
"Does Economic Integration Affect the Structure of Industries? Empirical Evidence from the CEE,"
Economic Systems Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(1), pages 73-97.
- d'Artis Kancs, 2007. "Does Economic Integration Affect the Structure of Industries? Empirical Evidence from the CEE," LICOS Discussion Papers 19507, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Nicole Palan, 2010. "Measurement of Specialization – The Choice of Indices," FIW Working Paper series 062, FIW.
- Ichiro Iwasaki & Taku Suzuki, 2016.
"Radicalism Versus Gradualism: An Analytical Survey Of The Transition Strategy Debate,"
Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 30(4), pages 807-834, September.
- Iwasaki, Ichiro & Suzuki, Taku, 2015. "Radicalism versus Gradualism: An Analytical Survey of the Transition Strategy Debate," RRC Working Paper Series 45, Russian Research Center, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Dieter F. Kogler & Jürgen Essletzbichler & David L. Rigby, 2017.
"The evolution of specialization in the EU15 knowledge space,"
Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 17(2), pages 345-373.
- Dieter F. Kogler & Jürgen Essletzbichler & David L. Rigby, 2015. "The Evolution of Specialization in the EU15 Knowledge Space," Papers in Evolutionary Economic Geography (PEEG) 1515, Utrecht University, Department of Human Geography and Spatial Planning, Group Economic Geography, revised May 2015.
- Aleksandra Parteka, 2010.
"Employment and export specialisation along the development path: some robust evidence,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 145(4), pages 615-640, January.
- Aleksandra PARTEKA, 2007. "Employment and Export Specialization Patterns versus GDP Per Capita Performance - Unifying Approach," Working Papers 302, Universita' Politecnica delle Marche (I), Dipartimento di Scienze Economiche e Sociali.
- Frances Ruane & Xiaoheng Zhang, 2007. "Where do MNEs Expand Production: Location Choices of the Pharmaceutical Industry in Europe after 1992," Papers WP211, Economic and Social Research Institute (ESRI).
- Bickenbach, Frank & Bode, Eckhardt & Krieger-Boden, Christiane, 2010. "Structural cohesion in Europe: Stylized facts," Kiel Working Papers 1669, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- Marie-Line Duboz & Rachel Guillain & Julie Le Gallo, 2009.
"Les schémas de concentration sectorielle au sein de l’Union européenne : l’Est miroir de l’Ouest ?,"
Économie et Statistique, Programme National Persée, vol. 423(1), pages 59-76.
- Rachel Guillain & Marie-Line Duboz & Julie Le Gallo, 2009. "Les schémas de concentration sectorielle au sein de l'Union Européenne : l'Est miroir de l'Ouest ?," Post-Print hal-00485039, HAL.
- Will Bartlett, 2009. "Economic Development In The European Super-Periphery: Evidence From The Western Balkans," Economic Annals, Faculty of Economics, University of Belgrade, vol. 54(181), pages 21-44, April – J.
- Palan, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2010.
"Structural convergence of European countries,"
Structural Change and Economic Dynamics, Elsevier, vol. 21(2), pages 85-100, May.
- Höhenberger, Nicole & Schmiedeberg, Claudia, 2008. "Structural convergence of European countries," Center for European, Governance and Economic Development Research Discussion Papers 75, University of Goettingen, Department of Economics.
- Jiří Dvořáček, 2007. "Development of Manufacturing and its Enterprises on Beginning of the 21st century [Vývoj zpracovatelského průmyslu a průmyslových podniků na počátku 21. století]," Acta Oeconomica Pragensia, Prague University of Economics and Business, vol. 2007(2), pages 6-16.
- Gianluca Cafiso, 2011.
"Sectoral border effects and the geographic concentration of production,"
Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 147(3), pages 543-566, September.
- Gianluca Cafiso, 2011. "Sectoral border effects and the geographic concentration of production," Post-Print hal-00673676, HAL.
- Zheng, Dan & Shi, Minjun, 2018. "Industrial land policy, firm heterogeneity and firm location choice: Evidence from China," Land Use Policy, Elsevier, vol. 76(C), pages 58-67.
- Ren Lu & Torger Reve & Jing Huang & Ze Jian & Mei Chen, 2018. "A Literature Review Of Cluster Theory: Are Relations Among Clusters Important?," Journal of Economic Surveys, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 32(4), pages 1201-1220, September.
- David Audretsch & Dirk Dohse & Annekatrin Niebuhr, 2010.
"Cultural diversity and entrepreneurship: a regional analysis for Germany,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 45(1), pages 55-85, August.
- Audretsch, David B & Dohse, Dirk & Niebuhr, Annekatrin, 2008. "Cultural Diversity and Entrepreneurship: A Regional Analysis for Germany," CEPR Discussion Papers 6945, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- repec:agr:journl:v:3(604):y:2015:i:3(604):p:239-250 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cynthia Sin Tian Ho & Björn Berggren, 2020. "The effect of bank branch closures on new firm formation: the Swedish case," The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 65(2), pages 319-350, October.
- Rosalba Rombaldoni, 2013. "Location models of European manufacturing industry: recent changes and perspectives," Working Papers 1307, University of Urbino Carlo Bo, Department of Economics, Society & Politics - Scientific Committee - L. Stefanini & G. Travaglini, revised 2013.
More about this item
KeywordsIndustry sector; regional specialization; geographic concentration; Herfindahl-Hirschman index; Slovak regions;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vrs:mgrsod:v:20:y:2016:i:3:p:5-13:n:1. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com/services/journals .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Peter Golla (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://www.sciendo.com/services/journals .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.