The Effects Of Financial Risk Management On Firm’S Value: An Empirical Evidence From Borsa Istanbul Stock Exchange
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- David A. Carter & Daniel A. Rogers & Betty J. Simkins, 2006.
"Does Hedging Affect Firm Value? Evidence from the US Airline Industry,"
Financial Management, Financial Management Association, vol. 35(1), Spring.
- David A. Carter & Daniel A. Rogers & Betty J. Simkins, 2006. "Does Hedging Affect Firm Value? Evidence from the US Airline Industry," Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 35(1), pages 53-86, March.
- David A. Carter & Daniel A. Rogers & Betty J. Simkins, 2006. "Hedging and Value in the U.S. Airline Industry," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 18(4), pages 21-33, September.
- Eckles, David L. & Hoyt, Robert E. & Miller, Steve M., 2014. "The impact of enterprise risk management on the marginal cost of reducing risk: Evidence from the insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 43(C), pages 247-261.
- Allayannis, George & Weston, James P, 2001. "The Use of Foreign Currency Derivatives and Firm Market Value," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 14(1), pages 243-276.
- Christoffersen, Peter, 2011. "Elements of Financial Risk Management," Elsevier Monographs, Elsevier, edition 2, number 9780123744487.
- Yanbo Jin & Philippe Jorion, 2006. "Firm Value and Hedging: Evidence from U.S. Oil and Gas Producers," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 61(2), pages 893-919, April.
- Francisco Pérez-González & Hayong Yun, 2013. "Risk Management and Firm Value: Evidence from Weather Derivatives," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 68(5), pages 2143-2176, October.
- Peter Mackay & Sara B. Moeller, 2007. "The Value of Corporate Risk Management," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 62(3), pages 1379-1419, June.
- Giorgio Stefano Bertinetti & Elisa Cavezzali & Gloria Gardenal, 2013. "The effect of the enterprise risk management implementation on the firm value of European companies," Working Papers 10, Department of Management, Università Ca' Foscari Venezia.
- Smith, Clifford W. & Stulz, RenÃ© M., 1985. "The Determinants of Firms' Hedging Policies," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 20(4), pages 391-405, December.
- Eckles, David L. & Hoyt, Robert E. & Miller, Steve M., 2014. "Reprint of: The impact of enterprise risk management on the marginal cost of reducing risk: Evidence from the insurance industry," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 49(C), pages 409-423.
- Argyro Panaretou, 2014. "Corporate risk management and firm value: evidence from the UK market," The European Journal of Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 20(12), pages 1161-1186, December.
- Gordon M. Bodnar & Costanza Consolandi & Giampaolo Gabbi & Ameeta Jaiswalâ€ Dale, 2013. "Risk Management for Italian Nonâ€ Financial Firms: Currency and Interest Rate Exposure," European Financial Management, European Financial Management Association, vol. 19(5), pages 887-910, November.
- Daniel Hoechle, 2007. "Robust standard errors for panel regressions with cross-sectional dependence," Stata Journal, StataCorp LP, vol. 7(3), pages 281-312, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Zaher Abdel Fattah Al-Slehat, 2020. "Impact of Financial Leverage, Size and Assets Structure on Firm Value: Evidence from Industrial Sector, Jordan," International Business Research, Canadian Center of Science and Education, vol. 13(1), pages 109-120, January.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- ŞENOL, Zekai & KARACA, Süleyman Serdar, 2017. "The Effect Of Enterprise Risk Management On Firm Performance: A Case Study On Turkey," Studii Financiare (Financial Studies), Centre of Financial and Monetary Research "Victor Slavescu", vol. 21(2), pages 6-30.
- Liu Hong & Yongjia Li & Kangzhen Xie & Claire J. Yan, 2020. "On the Market Timing of Hedging: Evidence from U.S. Oil and Gas Producers," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 54(1), pages 297-334, January.
- Söhnke M. Bartram & Gregory W. Brown & Frank R. Fehle, 2009.
"International Evidence on Financial Derivatives Usage,"
Financial Management, Financial Management Association International, vol. 38(1), pages 185-206, March.
- Sohnke M. Bartram & Gregory W. Brown & Frank R. Fehle, 2003. "International Evidence on Financial Derivatives Usage," Finance 0307003, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 24 Jul 2003.
- Lau, Chee Kwong, 2016. "How corporate derivatives use impact firm performance?," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 40(PA), pages 102-114.
- Chen, Jun & King, Tao-Hsien Dolly, 2014. "Corporate hedging and the cost of debt," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 29(C), pages 221-245.
- Dionne, Georges & Mnasri, Mohamed, 2018. "Real implications of corporate risk management: Evidence from U.S. oil producers," Working Papers 18-5, HEC Montreal, Canada Research Chair in Risk Management.
- Markus Hang & Jerome Geyer‐Klingeberg & Andreas W. Rathgeber & Stefan Stöckl, 2021. "Rather complements than substitutes: Firm value effects of capital structure and financial hedging decisions," International Journal of Finance & Economics, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 26(4), pages 4895-4917, October.
- Maria João Jorge & Mário Gomes Augusto, 2011. "The Value Of Hedging Through Corporate Governance: A Literature Review And Directions For Future Research," Portuguese Journal of Management Studies, ISEG, Universidade de Lisboa, vol. 0(2), pages 113-130.
- McCarthy, Scott & Oliver, Barry & Song, Sizhe, 2017. "Corporate social responsibility and CEO confidence," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 75(C), pages 280-291.
- Allayannis, George & Lel, Ugur & Miller, Darius P., 2012. "The use of foreign currency derivatives, corporate governance, and firm value around the world," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 87(1), pages 65-79.
- Carter, David A. & Rogers, Daniel A. & Simkins, Betty J. & Treanor, Stephen D., 2017. "A review of the literature on commodity risk management," Journal of Commodity Markets, Elsevier, vol. 8(C), pages 1-17.
- Bessler, Wolfgang & Conlon, Thomas & Huan, Xing, 2019. "Does corporate hedging enhance shareholder value? A meta-analysis," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 61(C), pages 222-232.
- Chongwu Xia & Chuyi Yang & Lei Zhang, 2021. "The real effect of foreign exchange hedging on corporate innovation," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 41(12), pages 2046-2078, December.
- Campbell, John L. & Mauler, Landon M. & Pierce, Spencer R., 2019. "A review of derivatives research in accounting and suggestions for future work," Journal of Accounting Literature, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 44-60.
- Ahmed, Shamim & Judge, Amrit & Mahmud, Syed Ehsan, 2018. "Does derivatives use reduce the cost of equity?," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 60(C), pages 1-16.
- Merkel, Matthias F., 2018. "Foreign exchange derivative use and firm value: Evidence from German non-financial firms," Passauer Diskussionspapiere, Betriebswirtschaftliche Reihe B-33-18, University of Passau, Faculty of Business and Economics.
- Gamze Ozturk Danisman & Pelin Demirel, 2019. "Corporate risk management practices and firm value in an emerging market: a mixed methods approach," Risk Management, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 21(1), pages 19-47, March.
- Sanghak Choi & Hyeonung Jang & Daejin Kim & Byoung Ki Seo, 2021. "Derivatives use and the value of cash holdings: Evidence from the U.S. oil and gas industry," Journal of Futures Markets, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 41(3), pages 361-383, March.
- Limpaphayom, Piman & Rogers, Daniel A. & Yanase, Noriyoshi, 2019. "Bank equity ownership and corporate hedging: Evidence from Japan," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 765-783.
- Hege, Ulrich & Hutson, Elaine & Laing, Elaine, 2018. "The impact of mandatory governance changes on financial risk management," TSE Working Papers 18-889, Toulouse School of Economics (TSE).
More about this item
KeywordsFinancial Risk Management; Derivatives; Panel Data Analysis;
All these keywords.
- C10 - Mathematical and Quantitative Methods - - Econometric and Statistical Methods and Methodology: General - - - General
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
- L25 - Industrial Organization - - Firm Objectives, Organization, and Behavior - - - Firm Performance
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:vls:finstu:v:21:y:2017:i:4:p:27-45. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Daniel Mateescu (email available below). General contact details of provider: https://edirc.repec.org/data/cfiarro.html .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.