Trends in non-financial reporting
In the recent years more studies focus on the corporate disclosure, the determinants and consequences of disclosure. The mandatory disclosure of financial information was frequently integrated with non-financial information, often voluntary disclosed. The voluntary dimension of corporate disclosure involves the manifestation of free choice of the firm and its managers. In our paper we focus on the principal reporting demands that are not covered by traditional financial statements, voluntary disclosure, and how Romanian companies interested in the issue have been incorporating information about these aspects in their reporting. We also highlight the usefulness and the importance level which managers and stakeholders are giving to appreciate the non-financial performance of the Romanian listed companies they are manage or they are interested in.
Volume (Year): 1 (2008)
Issue (Month): XV (December)
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.uem.ro/index.php?id=495|
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Gary K Meek & Clare B Roberts & Sidney J Gray, 1995. "Factors Influencing Voluntary Annual Report Disclosures By U.S., U.K. and Continental European Multinational Corporations," Journal of International Business Studies, Palgrave Macmillan;Academy of International Business, vol. 26(3), pages 555-572, September.
- Amir, Eli & Lev, Baruch, 1996. "Value-relevance of nonfinancial information: The wireless communications industry," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 22(1-3), pages 3-30, October.
- Marie Chavent & Yuan Ding & Linghui Fu & Herve Stolowy & Huiwen Wang, 2006.
"Disclosure and determinants studies: An extension using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV),"
European Accounting Review,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(2), pages 181-218.
- Yuan Ding & Hervé Stolowy & Linghui Fu & Huiwen Wang, 2004. "Disclosure and determinants studies: An extension using the divisive clustering method (DIV)," Working Papers hal-00587233, HAL.
- Marie Chavent & Yuan Ding & L. Fu & Hervé Stolowy & H. Wang, 2006. "Disclosure and Determinants Studies: An Extension Using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV)," Post-Print hal-00200812, HAL.
- Hervé Stolowy & Yuan Ding & Marie Chavent & L. Fu & H. Wang, 2006. "Disclosure and Determinants Studies: An Extension Using the Divisive Clustering Method (DIV)," Post-Print halshs-00119585, HAL.
- DING, Yuan & STOLOWY, Hervé & FU, Linghui & WANG, Huiwen, 2004. "Disclosure and determinants studies : an extension using the divisive clustering method (DIV)," Les Cahiers de Recherche 798, HEC Paris.
- Adams, Mike & Hossain, Mahmud, 1998. "Managerial discretion and voluntary disclosure: Empirical evidence from the New Zealand life insurance industry," Journal of Accounting and Public Policy, Elsevier, vol. 17(3), pages 245-281.
- Healy, Paul M. & Palepu, Krishna G., 2001. "Information asymmetry, corporate disclosure, and the capital markets: A review of the empirical disclosure literature," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 31(1-3), pages 405-440, September. Full references (including those not matched with items on IDEAS)
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:uem:journl:v:1:y:2008:i:xv:p:353-360. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Gilbert-Rainer Gillich)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.