Can Microfinance Reduce Portfolio Volatility?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Gonzalez, Adrian, 2007. "Resilience of Microfinance Institutions to National Macroeconomic Events: An Econometric Analysis of MFI asset quality," MPRA Paper 4317, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Beaver, William & Manegold, James, 1975. "The Association between Market-Determined and Accounting-Determined Measures of Systematic Risk: Some Further Evidence," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 10(02), pages 231-284, June.
- J. Tobin, 1958. "Liquidity Preference as Behavior Towards Risk," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 25(2), pages 65-86.
- repec:wbk:wbpubs:28956 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:bla:joares:v:7:y:1969:i:2:p:300-323 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ian Callaghan & Henry Gonzalez & Diane Maurice & Christian Novak, 2007. "Microfinance-On the Road to Capital Markets," Journal of Applied Corporate Finance, Morgan Stanley, vol. 19(1), pages 115-124.
- Bond, Philip & Rai, Ashok S., 2009. "Borrower runs," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 88(2), pages 185-191, March.
- Gonedes, Nicholas J., 1973. "Evidence on the Information Content of Accounting Numbers: Accounting-based and Market-based Estimates of Systematic Risk," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 8(03), pages 407-443, June.
- Reynaldo Marconi & Paul Mosley, 2005. "Bolivia during the global crisis 1998-2004: towards a macroeconomics of microfinance," Working Papers 2005007, The University of Sheffield, Department of Economics, revised May 2005.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Sandra, Kendo & Chicot, Eboue, 2016. "Microfinance institutional growth: How driven forces impact their financial integration?," MPRA Paper 70225, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2015.
"Does commercial microfinance belong to the financial sector? Lessons from the stock market,"
ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles, vol. 67, pages 110-125, March.
- Brière, Marie & Szafarz, Ariane, 2015. "Does Commercial Microfinance Belong to the Financial Sector? Lessons from the Stock Market," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 67(C), pages 110-125.
- Marie Briere & Ariane Szafarz, 2014. "Does Commercial Microfinance Belong to the Financial Sector? Lessons from the Stock Market," Working Papers CEB 14-024, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Marie Brière & Ariane Szafarz, 2015. "Does Commercial Microfinance Belong to the Financial Sector? Lessons from the Stock Market," Post-Print hal-01491987, HAL.
- Gabriel Di Bella, 2011. "The Impact of the Global Financial Crisison Microfinance and Policy Implications," IMF Working Papers 11/175, International Monetary Fund.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/7858 is not listed on IDEAS
- Awaworyi Churchill, Sefa & Korankye Danso, Jeffrey & Nyatefe, Elikem, 2015. "Microfinance Institution Performance: Does the Macro-economy matter?," EconStor Preprints 123724, ZBW - German National Library of Economics.
- Serrano-Cinca, Carlos & Gutiérrez-Nieto, Begoña, 2014. "Microfinance, the long tail and mission drift," International Business Review, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 181-194.
- Wagner, Charlotte & Winkler, Adalbert, 2013. "The Vulnerability of Microfinance to Financial Turmoil – Evidence from the Global Financial Crisis," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 71-90.
- Beatriz Cuéllar-Fernández & Yolanda Fuertes-Callén & Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Begoña Gutiérrez-Nieto, 2016.
"Determinants of margin in microfinance institutions,"
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(4), pages 300-311, January.
- Beatriz Cuéllar Fernández & Yolanda Fuertes-Callén & Carlos Serrano-Cinca & Begoña Gutiérrez-Nieto, 2012. "Determinants of Margin in Microfinance Institutions," Working Papers CEB 12-030, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Galema, Rients & Lensink, Robert & Spierdijk, Laura, 2011. "International diversification and Microfinance," Journal of International Money and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 30(3), pages 507-515, April.
- Emilios Galariotis & Christophe Villa & Nurmukhammad Yusupov, 2011.
"Recent Advances in Lending to the Poor with Asymmetric Information,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(9), pages 1371-1390, July.
- Emilios C. Galariotis & Christophe Villa & Nurmukhammad Yusupov, 2011. "Recent advances in lending to the poor with asymmetric information," Post-Print hal-00722838, HAL.
- repec:eee:reveco:v:53:y:2018:i:c:p:88-97 is not listed on IDEAS
- Cristián Pinto, 2015. "The Effect of Labor Market Flexibility on Microfinance Institutions Performance: International Evidence," Serie Working Papers 21, Universidad del Desarrollo, School of Business and Economics.
- Moulin, Bertrand, 2011. "Microfinance investment vehicles in Sub-Saharan Africa: constraints and potentials," MPRA Paper 32967, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Dorfleitner, G. & Priberny, C., 2013. "A quantitative model for structured microfinance," The Quarterly Review of Economics and Finance, Elsevier, vol. 53(1), pages 12-22.
- repec:dau:papers:123456789/14039 is not listed on IDEAS
- Katsushi S. Imai & Raghav Gaiha & Ganesh Thapa & Samuel Kobina Annim & Aditi Gupta, 2012. "Financial Performance of Microfinance Institutions-A Macroeconomic and Institutional Perspective," Discussion Paper Series DP2012-04, Research Institute for Economics & Business Administration, Kobe University.
- Ayi Gavriel Ayayi, 2012. "Microfinance: A Time to Deliberate," Asian Economic and Financial Review, Asian Economic and Social Society, vol. 2(3), pages 445-447, July.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:ucp:ecdecc:v:58:y:2009:i:1:p:85-110. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Journals Division). General contact details of provider: http://www.journals.uchicago.edu/EDCC/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.