Presidential Popularity and Macroeconomic Performance: Are Voters Really So Naive?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Eric Dubois & Sonia Paty, 2010.
"Yardstick competition: which neighbours matter?,"
The Annals of Regional Science, Springer;Western Regional Science Association, vol. 44(3), pages 433-452, June.
- Eric Dubois & Sonia Paty, 2010. "Yardstick Competition: Which Neighbours Matter?," Post-Print hal-00800705, HAL.
- Eric Dubois & Sonia Paty, 2010. "Yardstick competition: which neighbours matter?," Post-Print halshs-00597393, HAL.
- Eric Dubois & Sonia Paty, 2010. "Yardstick competition: which neighbours matter?," Post-Print halshs-00337714, HAL.
- Berlemann, Michael & Enkelmann, Sören, 2014.
"The economic determinants of U.S. presidential approval: A survey,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 41-54.
- Michael Berlemann & Sören Enkelmann, 2012. "The Economic Determinants of U.S. Presidential Approval -A Survey-," CESifo Working Paper Series 3761, CESifo.
- Soeren Enkelmann & Michael Berlemann, 2013. "The Economic Determinants of U.S. Presidential Approval - A Survey," Working Paper Series in Economics 272, University of Lüneburg, Institute of Economics.
- Backus, David & Driffill, John, 1985. "Inflation and Reputation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(3), pages 530-538, June.
- Daniel J. Richards, 1993. "What inflation policy do American voters want, and do they get it?," New England Economic Review, Federal Reserve Bank of Boston, issue Sep, pages 33-44.
- Allan P. Layton, 1992. "An Estimated Australian Macroeconomic Misery Index," The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 68(2), pages 118-124, June.
- Andrew Leigh & Mark Mcleish, 2009.
"Are State Elections Affected by the National Economy? Evidence from Australia,"
The Economic Record, The Economic Society of Australia, vol. 85(269), pages 210-222, June.
- Andrew Leigh & Mark McLeish, 2009. "Are State Elections Affected by the National Economy? Evidence from Australia," CEPR Discussion Papers 593, Centre for Economic Policy Research, Research School of Economics, Australian National University.
- David Kiefer, 2005. "Partisan stabilization policy and voter control," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 122(1), pages 115-132, January.
- David Smyth & Pami Dua, 1989. "The public's indifference map between inflation and unemployment: Empirical evidence for the Nixon, Ford, Carter and Reagan presidencies," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 60(1), pages 71-85, January.
- Daniel J. Richards, 1992. "Do Canadians Want Zero Inflation? Some Evidence from a Model with 'Sophisticated' Voters," Canadian Public Policy, University of Toronto Press, vol. 18(4), pages 413-424, December.
- David J. Smyth & Susan W. Taylor, 1991. "Regional Variations In The Social Preference Function Between Inflation And Unemployment," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 21(1), pages 1-10, Spring.
- Findley, T. Scott, 2015.
"Hyperbolic memory discounting and the political business cycle,"
European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 40(PB), pages 345-359.
- T. Scott Findley, 2015. "Hyperbolic Memory Discounting and the Political Business Cycle," CESifo Working Paper Series 5556, CESifo.
- Fox, Gerald T., 2012. "Macroeconomic time consistency and wartime presidential approval," Journal of Macroeconomics, Elsevier, vol. 34(3), pages 891-902.
- David Kiefer, 2006. "Endogenous Stabilization in Open Democracies," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2006_01, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
- David Kiefer, 2005. "Revealed Preferences for Macroeconomic Stabilization," Working Paper Series, Department of Economics, University of Utah 2005_03, University of Utah, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:65:y:1983:i:3:p:385-92. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Ann Olson). General contact details of provider: https://www.mitpressjournals.org/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.