How Elastic is the Demand for Labor?
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
References listed on IDEAS
- Binswanger, Hans P., 1973. "A Cost Function Approach To The Measurement Of Factor Demand Elasticities And Elasticities Of Substitution," Staff Papers 13478, University of Minnesota, Department of Applied Economics.
- Ernst R. Berndt & Bronwyn H. Hall & Robert E. Hall & Jerry A. Hausman, 1974. "Estimation and Inference in Nonlinear Structural Models," NBER Chapters,in: Annals of Economic and Social Measurement, Volume 3, number 4, pages 653-665 National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Rosen, Sherwin & Nadiri, M Ishaq, 1974.
"A Disequilibrium Model of Demand for Factors of Production,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 64(2), pages 264-270, May.
- M. Ishaq Nadiri & Sherwin Rosen, 1973. "A Disequilibrium Model of Demand for Factors of Production," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number nadi73-1.
- M. Ishaq Nadiri & Sherwin Rosen, 1974. "A Disequilibrium Model of Demand for Factors of Production," NBER Books, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc, number nadi74-1.
- Marc Nerlove, 1967. "Distributed Lags and Unobserved Components in Economic Time Series," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 221, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Y. Mundlak, 1968. "Elasticities of Substitution and the Theory of Derived Demand," Review of Economic Studies, Oxford University Press, vol. 35(2), pages 225-236.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Thomas Vendryes, 2011. "Migration constraints and development: Hukou and capital accumulation in China," Université Paris1 Panthéon-Sorbonne (Post-Print and Working Papers) hal-00783794, HAL.
- Brigitte Dormont, 1989. "Petite apologie des données de panel," Économie et Prévision, Programme National Persée, vol. 87(1), pages 19-32.
- Slaughter, Matthew J., 2001. "International trade and labor-demand elasticities," Journal of International Economics, Elsevier, vol. 54(1), pages 27-56, June.
- Hijzen, Alexander & Swaim, Paul, 2010.
"Offshoring, labour market institutions and the elasticity of labour demand,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 54(8), pages 1016-1034, November.
- Alexander Hijzen & Paul Swaim, "undated". "Offshoring, Labour Market Institutions and the Elasticity of Labour Demand," Discussion Papers 08/05, University of Nottingham, GEP.
- Guillermo Mondino & Silvia Montoya, 2000. "The Effects of Labor Market Regulations on Employment Decisions by Firms: Empirical Evidence for Argentina," IDB Publications (Working Papers) 3263, Inter-American Development Bank.
- Matthew J. Slaughter, 1997. "International Trade and Labor-Demand Elasticities," NBER Working Papers 6262, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Michael Kremer & Benjamin A. Olken, 2009. "A Biological Model of Unions," American Economic Journal: Applied Economics, American Economic Association, vol. 1(2), pages 150-175, April.
- Rudy Fichtenbaum & John P. Blair, 1989. "Regional Differences in Labor Demand in The United States," The Review of Regional Studies, Southern Regional Science Association, vol. 19(1), pages 72-76, Winter.
- Mairesse, Jacques & Dormont, Brigitte, 1985.
"Labor and investment demand at the firm level : A comparison of French, German and U.S. manufacturing, 1970-79,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 28(1-2), pages 201-231.
- Jacques Mairesse & Brigitte Dormont, 1985. "Labor and Investment Demand at the Firm Level: A Comparison of French, German and U.S. Manufacturing, 1970-79," NBER Working Papers 1554, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1979.
"The Effect of Demographic Factors on Age-Earnings Profiles,"
Journal of Human Resources,
University of Wisconsin Press, vol. 14(3), pages 289-318.
- Richard B. Freeman, 1979. "The Effect of Demographic Factors on Age-Earnings Profiles," NBER Working Papers 0316, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber & Alan B. Krueger, 1991.
"The Incidence of Mandated Employer-Provided Insurance: Lessons from Workers' Compensation Insurance,"
NBER Chapters,in: Tax Policy and the Economy, Volume 5, pages 111-144
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber & Alan B. Krueger, 1990. "The Incidence of Mandated Employer-Provided Insurance: Lessons from Workers' Compensation Insurance," NBER Working Papers 3557, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jonathan Gruber & Alan B. Krueger, 1990. "The Incidence of Mandated Employer-Provided Insurance: Lessons from Workers' Compensations Insurance," Working Papers 659, Princeton University, Department of Economics, Industrial Relations Section..
- Alexander Hijzen & Paul Swaim, 2007. "Does offshoring reduce industry employment?," National Institute Economic Review, National Institute of Economic and Social Research, vol. 201(1), pages 86-96, July.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1983.
"New Measures of Labor Cost: Implications for Demand Elasticities and Nominal Wage Growth,"
NBER Chapters,in: The Measurement of Labor Cost, pages 287-308
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Daniel S. Hamermesh, 1981. "New Measures of Labor Cost: Implications for Demand Elasticities and Nominal Wage Growth," NBER Working Papers 0821, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Carlos Medina & Christian M. Posso & Jorge A. Tamayo & Emma Monsalve, 2012.
"Dinámica de la Demanda Laboral en la Industria Manufacturera Colombiana 1993-2009: una Estimación Panel VAR,"
Borradores de Economia
694, Banco de la Republica de Colombia.
- Carlos Medina & Christian M. Posso & Jorge A.Tamayo & Emma Monsalve, 2012. "Dinámica de la Demanda Laboral en la Industria Manufacturera Colombiana 1993-2009: una Estimación Panel VAR," BORRADORES DE ECONOMIA 009372, BANCO DE LA REPÚBLICA.
- Hamermesh, Daniel S., 1987. "The demand for labor in the long run," Handbook of Labor Economics,in: O. Ashenfelter & R. Layard (ed.), Handbook of Labor Economics, edition 1, volume 1, chapter 8, pages 429-471 Elsevier.
- repec:eee:labchp:v:1:y:1986:i:c:p:429-471 is not listed on IDEAS
- Giovanna Aguilar & Sílvio Rendon, 2010.
"Employment And Deadweight Loss Effects Of Observed Nonwage Labor Costs,"
Western Economic Association International, vol. 48(3), pages 793-809, July.
- Aguilar, Giovanna & Rendon, Silvio, 2007. "Employment and Deadweight Loss Effects of Observed Non-Wage Labor Costs," IZA Discussion Papers 2856, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Silvio Rendon & Giovanna Aguilar, 2007. "Employment and Deadweight Loss Effects of Observed Non-Wage Labor Costs," Working Papers 0704, Centro de Investigacion Economica, ITAM.
- Giovanna Aguilar & Silvio Rendon, 2007. "Employment and deadweight loss effects of observed non-wage labor costs," Documentos de Trabajo / Working Papers 2007-259, Departamento de Economía - Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.
- Michael T. Shannon & Charles M. Beach, 1995.
"Distributional Employment Effects of Ontario Minimum-Wage Proposals: A Microdata Approach,"
Canadian Public Policy,
University of Toronto Press, vol. 21(3), pages 284-303, September.
- Shannon, M.T. & Beach, C.M., 1993. "Distributional Employment Effects of Ontario Minimum-Wage Proposals. A Microdata Approach," Papers 1993-9, Queen's at Kingston - Sch. of Indus. Relat. Papers in Industrial Relations.
- Cousineau, Jean-Michel, 1991. "L’effet du salaire minimum sur le chômage des jeunes et des femmes au Québec : une réestimation et un réexamen de la question," L'Actualité Economique, Société Canadienne de Science Economique, vol. 67(2), pages 144-165, juin.
- Jesus Felipe & John S.L. McCombie, 2013. "The Aggregate Production Function and the Measurement of Technical Change," Books, Edward Elgar Publishing, number 1975.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tpr:restat:v:62:y:1980:i:4:p:509-20. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Kristin Waites). General contact details of provider: http://mitpress.mit.edu/journals/ .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.