Bank of England’s monetary policy committee – assessing the importance and the implication upon monetary policy
The monetary policy strategies arround the world have been envolving in the last two decades considerable. In the past, central banks’ have been associated with a „veil of mistery” having at their grounds the so-called policy mistique. Nowadays, the new monetary policy strategy – inflation targeting – promoted by many countries established new coordinates for monetary policy. In this paper we focuse upon the monetary policy committee with a special focus upon the Bank of England’s case, because of the special track of this committee in several fields: interest rates expectations, other asset prices, the communication of the central bankers, publishing the minutes of the committees.
Volume (Year): XVIII (2012)
Issue (Month): (May)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: Str. Daliei nr. 1/A, 300558 Timişoara|
Phone: 0256-202931 int. 115
Web page: http://fse.tibiscus.ro/
More information through EDIRC
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Pierre Gosselin & Aileen Lotz & Charles Wyplosz, 2009.
"Interest Rate Signals and Central Bank Transparency,"
in: NBER International Seminar on Macroeconomics 2007, pages 9-51
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pierre Gosselin, Aileen Lotz and Charles Wyplosz, 2007. "Interest Rate Signals and Central Bank Transparency," IHEID Working Papers 19-2007, Economics Section, The Graduate Institute of International Studies, revised Aug 2007.
- Gosselin, Pierre & Lotz, Aileen & Wyplosz, Charles, 2007. "Interest Rate Signals and Central Bank Transparency," CEPR Discussion Papers 6454, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- King, Mervyn, 1997. "Changes in UK monetary policy: Rules and discretion in practice," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 39(1), pages 81-97, June.
- Berger, Helge & Nitsch, Volker & Lybek, Tonny, 2008.
"Central bank boards around the world: Why does membership size differ?,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 24(4), pages 817-832, December.
- Berger, Helge & Nitsch, Volker & Lybek, Tonny, 2008. "Central Bank boards around the world: Why does membership size differ?," Discussion Papers 2008/5, Free University Berlin, School of Business & Economics.
- Helge Berger & Volker Nitsch & Tonny Lybek, 2007. "Central Bank Boards around the World: Why does Membership Size Differ?," CESifo Working Paper Series 1897, CESifo Group Munich.
- Helge Berger & Tonny Lybek & Volker Nitsch, 2006. "Central Bank Boards Around the World; Why Does Membership Size Differ?," IMF Working Papers 06/281, International Monetary Fund.
- Berk, Jan Marc & Bierut, Beata K., 2011. "Communication in a monetary policy committee," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 27(4), pages 791-801.
- Hayo, Bernd & Neuenkirch, Matthias, 2010.
"Do Federal Reserve communications help predict federal funds target rate decisions?,"
Journal of Macroeconomics,
Elsevier, vol. 32(4), pages 1014-1024, December.
- Bernd Hayo & Matthias Neuenkirch, 2009. "Do Federal Reserve Communications Help Predict Federal Funds Target Rate Decisions?," MAGKS Papers on Economics 200925, Philipps-Universität Marburg, Faculty of Business Administration and Economics, Department of Economics (Volkswirtschaftliche Abteilung).
- Rozkrut, Marek & Rybinski, Krzysztof & Sztaba, Lucyna & Szwaja, Radoslaw, 2007. "Quest for central bank communication: Does it pay to be "talkative"?," European Journal of Political Economy, Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 176-206, March.
- Michael Woodford, 2005.
"Central bank communication and policy effectiveness,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, issue Aug, pages 399-474.
- Michael Woodford, 2005. "Central Bank Communication and Policy Effectiveness," NBER Working Papers 11898, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- de Haan, Jakob & Eijffinger, Sylvester C.W. & Rybinski, Krzysztof, 2007.
"Central bank transparency and central bank communication: Editorial introduction,"
European Journal of Political Economy,
Elsevier, vol. 23(1), pages 1-8, March.
- Eijffinger, S.C.W. & de Haan, J. & Rybinski, K., 2007. "Central Bank transparency and central bank communication : Editorial introduction," Other publications TiSEM 07146cb9-d41a-4ad9-a2ef-a, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:tdt:annals:v:xviii:y:2012:p:61-67. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Daniel Kysilka)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.