Bank governance, regulation and risk-taking in Ghana
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Teodora Paligorova, 2010. "Corporate Risk Taking and Ownership Structure," Staff Working Papers 10-3, Bank of Canada.
- Mathias Dewatripont & Jean Tirole, 1994. "The prudential regulation of banks," ULB Institutional Repository 2013/9539, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Grant Kirkpatrick, 2009. "The corporate governance lessons from the financial crisis," OECD Journal: Financial Market Trends, OECD Publishing, vol. 2009(1), pages 61-87.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Simplice A. Asongu & Nicholas M. Odhiambo, 2019.
"Size, efficiency, market power, and economies of scale in the African banking sector,"
Financial Innovation, Springer;Southwestern University of Finance and Economics, vol. 5(1), pages 1-22, December.
- Simplice A. Asongu & Nicholas M. Odhiambo, 2018. "Size, Efficiency, Market Power, and Economies of Scale in the African Banking Sector," Working Papers of the African Governance and Development Institute. 18/056, African Governance and Development Institute..
- Simplice A. Asongu & Nicholas M. Odhiambo, 2018. "Size, Efficiency, Market Power, and Economies of Scale in the African Banking Sector," AFEA Working Papers 18/047, African Finance and Economic Association (AFEA).
- Asongu, Simplice A & Odhiambo, Nicholas M, 2018. "Size,effeciency,market power and economies of scale in the African banking sector," Working Papers 25168, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
- Simplice A. Asongu & Nicholas M. Odhiambo, 2018. "Size, Efficiency, Market Power, and Economies of Scale in the African Banking Sector," Research Africa Network Working Papers 18/056, Research Africa Network (RAN).
- Asongu, Simplice & Odhiambo, Nicholas, 2018. "Size, Efficiency, Market Power, and Economies of Scale in the African Banking Sector," MPRA Paper 92347, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Ibrahim, Mansor H. & Rizvi, Syed Aun R., 2017. "Do we need bigger Islamic banks? An assessment of bank stability," Journal of Multinational Financial Management, Elsevier, vol. 40(C), pages 77-91.
- Banna, Hasanul & Mia, Md Aslam & Nourani, Mohammad & Yarovaya, Larisa, 2022. "Fintech-based Financial Inclusion and Risk-taking of Microfinance Institutions (MFIs): Evidence from Sub-Saharan Africa," Finance Research Letters, Elsevier, vol. 45(C).
- Louhichi, Awatef & Boujelbene, Younes, 2020. "Credit risk pricing and the rationality of lending decision-making within dual banking systems: A parametric approach," Economic Systems, Elsevier, vol. 44(1).
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Thierno Barry & Laetitia Lepetit & Frank Strobel & Thu Tran, 2018. "Better than independent: the role of minority directors on bank boards," Working Papers hal-01937927, HAL.
- Edoardo Martino, 2022. "Getting bank governance right," Journal of Banking Regulation, Palgrave Macmillan, vol. 23(3), pages 302-321, September.
- Thierno Barry & Laetitia Lepetit & Frank Strobel & Thu Tran, 2020. "Examining the impact on risk when directors are related to minority shareholders in closely-held banks," Working Papers hal-02512450, HAL.
- Kotz Hans-Helmut & Schmidt Reinhard H., 2016.
"Corporate Governance of Banks – A German Alternative to the Standard Model,"
Zeitschrift für Bankrecht und Bankwirtschaft (ZBB) / Journal of Banking Law and Banking (JBB), RWS Verlag, vol. 28(6), pages 427-444, December.
- Kotz, Hans-Helmut & Schmidt, Reinhard H., 2017. "Corporate governance of banks: A German alternative to the "standard model"," SAFE White Paper Series 45, Leibniz Institute for Financial Research SAFE.
- Yu-Hsiu Lin & Len-Kuo Hu, 2015. "The cyclicality of bank regulation in a general economic framework," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(53), pages 5791-5804, November.
- Douglas Sutherland & Peter Hoeller & Balázs Égert & Oliver Röhn, 2010. "Counter-cyclical Economic Policy," OECD Economics Department Working Papers 760, OECD Publishing.
- repec:onb:oenbwp:y::i:48:b:1 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ernest Dautovic, 2019.
"Has Regulatory Capital Made Banks Safer? Skin in the Game vs Moral Hazard,"
Cahiers de Recherches Economiques du Département d'économie
19.03, Université de Lausanne, Faculté des HEC, Département d’économie.
- Dautović, Ernest, 2020. "Has regulatory capital made banks safer? Skin in the game vs moral hazard," Working Paper Series 2449, European Central Bank.
- Dautović, Ernest, 2019. "Has regulatory capital made banks safer? Skin in the game vs moral hazard," ESRB Working Paper Series 91, European Systemic Risk Board.
- Mollah, Sabur & Zaman, Mahbub, 2015. "Shari’ah supervision, corporate governance and performance: Conventional vs. Islamic banks," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 58(C), pages 418-435.
- Urs W. Birchler & Diana Hancock, 2003.
"What does the yield on subordinated bank debt measure?,"
Finance and Economics Discussion Series
2004-19, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Diana Hancock & Urs W. Birchler, 2004. "What Does the Yield on Subordinated Bank Debt Measure?," Working Papers 2004-02, Swiss National Bank.
- Kollmann, Robert & Enders, Zeno & Müller, Gernot J., 2011.
"Global banking and international business cycles,"
European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 55(3), pages 407-426, April.
- Robert Kollmann & Zeno Enders & Gernot J. Müller, 2010. "Global Banking and International Business Cycles," Working Papers ECARES ECARES 2010-028, ULB -- Universite Libre de Bruxelles.
- Zeno Enders & Robert Kollmann & Gernot J. Muller, 2011. "Global banking and international business cycles," Globalization Institute Working Papers 72, Federal Reserve Bank of Dallas.
- Enders, Zeno & Kollmann, Robert & Müller, Gernot, 2010. "Global Banking and International Business Cycles," CEPR Discussion Papers 7972, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Robert KOLLMANN, 2011. "Global Banking and International Business Cycles," 2011 Meeting Papers 20, Society for Economic Dynamics.
- Michael Gavin & Ricardo Hausmann, 1996. "Las raíces de las crisis bancarias: contexto macroeconómico," Research Department Publications 4027, Inter-American Development Bank, Research Department.
- Stijn Claessens & M. Ayhan Kose, 2013.
"Financial Crises: Explanations, Types and Implications,"
CAMA Working Papers
2013-06, Centre for Applied Macroeconomic Analysis, Crawford School of Public Policy, The Australian National University.
- Claessens, Stijn & Kose, Ayhan, 2013. "Financial Crises: Explanations, Types, and Implications," CEPR Discussion Papers 9329, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Mr. Ayhan Kose & Mr. Stijn Claessens, 2013. "Financial Crises Explanations, Types, and Implications," IMF Working Papers 2013/028, International Monetary Fund.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Lind, Ronja, 2020.
"Macroeconomic impact of Basel III: Evidence from a meta-analysis,"
Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 112(C).
- Jarko Fidrmuc & Ronja Lind, 2017. "Macroeconomic Impact of Basel III: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis," Working and Discussion Papers WP 5/2017, Research Department, National Bank of Slovakia.
- Fidrmuc, Jarko & Lind, Ronja, 2017. "Macroeconomic Impact of Basel III: Evidence from a Meta-Analysis," Beiträge zur Jahrestagung 2016 (Witten/Herdecke) 175189, Verein für Socialpolitik, Ausschuss für Wirtschaftssysteme und Institutionenökonomik.
- Ioannidou, V. & de Dreu, J., 2006. "The Impact of Explicit Deposit Insurance on Market Discipline," Other publications TiSEM 693cfa2c-76f1-4304-872f-f, Tilburg University, School of Economics and Management.
- Allen Berger & Sally Davies, 1998.
"The Information Content of Bank Examinations,"
Journal of Financial Services Research, Springer;Western Finance Association, vol. 14(2), pages 117-144, October.
- Allen Berger & Sally Davies, 1994. "The Information Content of Bank Examinations," Center for Financial Institutions Working Papers 94-24, Wharton School Center for Financial Institutions, University of Pennsylvania.
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies, 1994. "The information content of bank examinations," Finance and Economics Discussion Series 94-20, Board of Governors of the Federal Reserve System (U.S.).
- Allen N. Berger & Sally M. Davies, 1994. "The information content of bank examinations," Proceedings 55, Federal Reserve Bank of Chicago.
- Amir Louizi & Radhouane Kammoun, 2016. "Evaluation of corporate governance systems by credit rating agencies," Journal of Management & Governance, Springer;Accademia Italiana di Economia Aziendale (AIDEA), vol. 20(2), pages 363-385, June.
- Jyri Kinnunen & Minna Martikainen, 2017.
"Expected Returns and Idiosyncratic Risk: Industry-Level Evidence from Russia,"
Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(11), pages 2528-2544, November.
- Kinnunen, Jyri & Martikainen, Minna, 2015. "Expected returns and idiosyncratic risk: Industry-level evidence from Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 30/2015, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Engel, Charles, 2016.
"Macroprudential policy under high capital mobility: policy implications from an academic perspective,"
Journal of the Japanese and International Economies, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 162-172.
- Charles Engel, 2015. "Macroprudential Policy under High Capital Mobility: Policy Implications from an Academic Perspective," NBER Chapters, in: International Finance in the Global Markets, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Claeys, Sophie, 2005. "Optimal regulatory design for the Central Bank of Russia," BOFIT Discussion Papers 7/2005, Bank of Finland, Institute for Economies in Transition.
- Morten Balling, 2011. "Asymmetries in Financial Information, Risk and Know-how: The Roles of Disclosure Rules, Financial Safety Nets and Market Discipline," Chapters, in: Christopher J. Green & Eric J. Pentecost & Tom Weyman-Jones (ed.), The Financial Crisis and the Regulation of Finance, chapter 13, Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:wjabxx:v:17:y:2016:i:1:p:52-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/wjab20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/wjab20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.