Why economists dislike a lump of labor
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Koning, J. & Layard, R. & Nickell, S. & Westergaard-Nielsen, N., 2004. "Policies for full employment," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 47444, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Fawcett: "The Regulation of the Hours of Labour by the State" (abridged) IV
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2009-09-01 01:07:00
- Number One!
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2009-08-02 08:22:00
- Only So Much Boilerplate to Go Round
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2009-07-17 07:17:00
- Jobless Recovery v. Working Less
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2009-07-10 23:39:00
- No Evidence that Business Week Economics Editor Knows What He is Talking About
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2009-07-09 20:56:00
- The Danger of Boilerplate
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2009-06-18 23:32:00
- Those Wacky Europeans!
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2009-05-08 05:03:00
- Bailouts and JAWBS
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2008-11-21 00:18:00
- Invitation to Ryan Avent for a Debate
by Sandwichman in ecological headstand on 2011-08-26 01:21:00
- What's Wrong with the Case AGAINST Shorter Work? VI
by Sandwichman in The Lump of Labor on 2011-12-16 06:50:00
- Megan McArdle: As the Lump Crumbles...
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2013-06-19 04:30:00
- Labour Markets: "A crazy explanation for what is happening to workers"
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2014-01-23 05:48:00
- Basic Econometrics: Robots Demand Shorter Hours!
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2014-01-30 04:52:00
- Tim Kane: "Overtime, rooted in the LOL fallacy"
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2014-03-20 10:27:00
- Whack-a-Mole Tim and the Fixed Amount of Cheese-Eating Work Fallacio
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2014-05-31 00:05:00
- David Cameron leads Britain into the 19th century
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2014-10-15 02:47:00
- This Just In!
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2014-12-18 02:11:00
- The Luddites Had a Time Machine! (and other claims the truth or falsehood of which is not relevant)
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2015-01-20 11:32:00
- Who knew? People oppose austerity -- because the lump of labour fallacy!
by Sandwichman in EconoSpeak on 2015-02-17 23:00:00
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Peter Frase & Janet Gornick, 2009. "The Time Divide in Cross-National Perspective: The Work Week, Gender and Education in 17 Countries," LIS Working papers 526, LIS Cross-National Data Center in Luxembourg.
- Zhang, Chuanchuan, 2012.
[Will Postponing Retirement Crowd out Youth Employment?]," MPRA Paper 49811, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Nov 2012.
- Zhang, Chuanchuan & Zhao, Yaohui, 2012.
[Will Postponing Retirement Crowd out Youth Employment?]," MPRA Paper 52931, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Dec 2013.
- Zhang, Chuanchuan & Zhao, Yaohui, 2012. "延迟退休年龄会挤出年轻人就业吗?
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Antoine Bozio & Carl Emmerson, 2010.
"Releasing Jobs for the Young? Early Retirement and Youth Unemployment in the United Kingdom,"
NBER Chapters,in: Social Security Programs and Retirement around the World: The Relationship to Youth Employment, pages 319-344
National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- James Banks & Richard Blundell & Antoine Bozio & Carl Emmerson, 2010. "Releasing jobs for the young? Early retirement and youth unemployment in the United Kingdom," IFS Working Papers W10/02, Institute for Fiscal Studies.
- Zhang, Chuanchuan, 2012. "The relationship between elderly employment and youth employment: evidence from China," MPRA Paper 37221, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordslump-of-labor fallacy; hours of work; full-employment policy;
ListsThis item is featured on the following reading lists or Wikipedia pages:
- Заблуждение о неизменном объёме работ in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- Lump-of-labour-virhekäsitys in Wikipedia Finnish ne '')
- Lump of labour fallacy in Wikipedia English ne '')
- Disoccupazione tecnologica in Wikipedia Italian ne '')
- Технологическая безработица in Wikipedia Russian ne '')
- Technological unemployment in Wikipedia English ne '')
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:rsocec:v:65:y:2007:i:3:p:279-291. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RRSE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.