How much human capital does Eastern Europe have? Measurement methods and results
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Holger Görg & David Greenaway, 2004.
"Much Ado about Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?,"
World Bank Research Observer,
World Bank Group, vol. 19(2), pages 171-197.
- Görg, Holger & Greenaway, David, 2003. "Much Ado About Nothing? Do Domestic Firms Really Benefit from Foreign Direct Investment?," IZA Discussion Papers 944, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Nigel Driffield & James H. Love, 2003. "Foreign Direct Investment, Technology Sourcing and Reverse Spillovers," Manchester School, University of Manchester, vol. 71(6), pages 659-672, December.
- Blomstrom, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1998.
" Multinational Corporations and Spillovers,"
Journal of Economic Surveys,
Wiley Blackwell, vol. 12(3), pages 247-277, July.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 99, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 1996. "Multinational Corporations and Spillovers," CEPR Discussion Papers 1365, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Smarzynska Javorcik, Beata, 2004.
"The composition of foreign direct investment and protection of intellectual property rights: Evidence from transition economies,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 48(1), pages 39-62, February.
- Smarzynska, Beata K., 2002. "The composition of foreign direct investment and protection of intellectual property rights : evidence from transition economies," Policy Research Working Paper Series 2786, The World Bank.
- Ulf Holm & Anders Malmberg & Orjan S–lvell, 2003. "Subsidiary impact on host-country economies--the case of foreign-owned subsidiaries attracting investment into sweden," Journal of Economic Geography, Oxford University Press, vol. 3(4), pages 389-408, October.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003.
"The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives,"
EIJS Working Paper Series
168, Stockholm School of Economics, The European Institute of Japanese Studies.
- Blomström, Magnus & Kokko, Ari, 2003. "The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives," CEPR Discussion Papers 3775, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Ari Kokko, 2003. "The Economics of Foreign Direct Investment Incentives," NBER Working Papers 9489, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Wang, Jian-Ye & Blomstrom, Magnus, 1992.
"Foreign investment and technology transfer : A simple model,"
European Economic Review,
Elsevier, vol. 36(1), pages 137-155, January.
- Magnus Blomstrom & Jian-Ye Wang, 1989. "Foreign Investment and Technology Transfer: A Simple Model," NBER Working Papers 2958, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jozef Konings, 1999.
"The Effect of Direct Foreign Investment on Domestic Firms: Evidence from Firm Level Panel Data in Emerging Economies,"
LICOS Discussion Papers
8699, LICOS - Centre for Institutions and Economic Performance, KU Leuven.
- Konings, Jozef, 2000. "The Effects of Direct Foreign Investment on Domestic Firms: Evidence from Firm Level Panel Data in Emerging Economies," CEPR Discussion Papers 2586, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Lall, Sanjaya, 1992. "Technological capabilities and industrialization," World Development, Elsevier, vol. 20(2), pages 165-186, February.
- Fredrik Sjoholm, 1999.
"Technology gap, competition and spillovers from direct foreign investment: Evidence from establishment data,"
Journal of Development Studies,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(1), pages 53-73.
- Sjöholm, Fredrik, 1997. "Technology Gap, Competition and Spillovers from Direct Foreign Investment: Evidence from Establishment Data," SSE/EFI Working Paper Series in Economics and Finance 212, Stockholm School of Economics.
- Kokko, Ari, 1994. "Technology, market characteristics, and spillovers," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(2), pages 279-293, April.
- Katrin Männik & Helena Hannula & Urmas Varblane, 2004. "Country, Industry And Firm Size Effects On Foreign Subsidiary Strategy.An Example Of Five Cee Countries," University of Tartu - Faculty of Economics and Business Administration Working Paper Series 27, Faculty of Economics and Business Administration, University of Tartu (Estonia).
- Ari Kokko, 1996. "Productivity spillovers from competition between local firms and foreign affiliates," Journal of International Development, John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 8(4), pages 517-530.
- Ksenia Yudaeva & Konstantin Kozlov & Natalia Melentieva & Natalia Ponomareva, 2003. "Does foreign ownership matter?," The Economics of Transition, The European Bank for Reconstruction and Development, vol. 11(3), pages 383-409, September.
- N. De Liso & G. Filatrella, 1999. "On technology competition," Working Papers 337, Dipartimento Scienze Economiche, Universita' di Bologna.
- Crespo, Nuno & Fontoura, Maria Paula, 2007.
"Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers - What Do We Really Know?,"
Elsevier, vol. 35(3), pages 410-425, March.
- Nuno Crespo & Maria Paula Fontoura, 2005. "Determinant Factors of FDI Spillovers – What Do We Really Know?," Working Papers Department of Economics 2005/06, ISEG - Lisbon School of Economics and Management, Department of Economics, Universidade de Lisboa.
- A Kokko & Ruben Tansini & Mario Zejan, 1995. "Trade regimes and effects of FDI: evidence from Uruguay," Documentos de Trabajo (working papers) 0695, Department of Economics - dECON.
- Rodriguez-Clare, Andres, 1996. "Multinationals, Linkages, and Economic Development," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(4), pages 852-873, September.
- Lipsey, Robert E. & Sjoholm, Fredrik, 2004. "Foreign direct investment, education and wages in Indonesian manufacturing," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(1), pages 415-422, February.
- Ari Kokko & Mario Zejan & Ruben Tansini, 2001. "Trade regimes and spillover effects of FDI: Evidence from Uruguay," Review of World Economics (Weltwirtschaftliches Archiv), Springer;Institut für Weltwirtschaft (Kiel Institute for the World Economy), vol. 137(1), pages 124-149, March.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Dmitry Didenko & PÃ©ter FÃ¶ldvÃ¡ri & Bas van Leeuwen, 2013. "Inspiration and Perspiration Factors in Economic Growth: The Former Soviet Union Area versus China (ca. 1920-2010)," Global COE Hi-Stat Discussion Paper Series gd12-283, Institute of Economic Research, Hitotsubashi University.
- Mariya Neycheva, 2016. "Secondary versus higher education for growth: the case of three countries with different human capital’s structure and quality," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 50(6), pages 2367-2393, November.
- Irina Soboleva, 2011. "Patterns of Human Capital Development in Russia: Meeting the Challenge of Market Reforms and Globalization," Institutions and Economies (formerly known as International Journal of Institutions and Economies), Faculty of Economics and Administration, University of Malaya, vol. 3(2), pages 235-257, July.
- Bas van Leeuwen & Peter Földvári, 2013.
"Capital Accumulation and Growth in Central Europe, 1920-2006,"
Eastern European Economics,
Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(5), pages 69-93, September.
- Bas van Leeuwen & Peter Földvari, 2011. "Capital accumulation and growth in Central Europe, 1920-2006," Working Papers 0023, Utrecht University, Centre for Global Economic History.
- Torben Schubert & Andrea Bonaccorsi & Tasso Brandt & Daniela De Filippo & Benedetto Lepori & Andreas Niederl, 2014. "Is there a European university model? New evidence on national path dependence and structural convergence," Chapters,in: Knowledge, Diversity and Performance in European Higher Education, chapter 2, pages iii-iii Edward Elgar Publishing.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:pocoec:v:20:y:2008:i:2:p:189-201. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CPCE20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.