Building a corporate network in a transition economy: the case of Slovenia
Post-socialist countries in Central and Eastern Europe underwent a massive programme of privatisation in the 1990s. Corporate networks that emerged from the privatisation process are a reflection of a particular privatisation model chosen. In Slovenia, as in developed economies, financial institutions play a central role in the corporate network. But whereas in Western economies these are mainly banks, investment banks, pension funds and insurance companies, the central role in Slovenia was given to privatisation investment funds and state funds. Owners and regulators in transition countries face the difficult task of balancing between governance issues and benefits that arise from co-operation among companies.
Volume (Year): 16 (2004)
Issue (Month): 3 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/CPCE20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/CPCE20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Wendy Carlin & Steven Fries & Mark Schaffer & Paul Seabright, 2001.
"Competition and Enterprise Performance in Transition Economies: Evidence from a Cross-country Survey,"
William Davidson Institute Working Papers Series
376, William Davidson Institute at the University of Michigan.
- Carlin, Wendy & Fries, Steven & Schaffer, Mark E & Seabright, Paul, 2001. "Competition and Enterprise Performance in Transition Economies: Evidence from a Cross-country Survey," CEPR Discussion Papers 2840, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Barbara G. Katz & Joel Owen, 1995.
"Optimal Voucher Privatization Fund Bids When Bidding Affects Firm Performance,"
95-20, New York University, Leonard N. Stern School of Business, Department of Economics.
- Katz, Barbara G. & Owen, Joel, 1997. "Optimal Voucher Privatization Fund Bids When Bidding Affects Firm Performance," Journal of Comparative Economics, Elsevier, vol. 24(1), pages 25-43, February.
- Boss, Dieter & Harms, Phillipp, 1997.
"Mass privatization, management control and efficiency,"
Journal of Public Economics,
Elsevier, vol. 64(3), pages 343-357, June.
- Dieter B”s & Phillipp Harms, 1995. "Mass Privatization, Management Control and Efficiency," Discussion Paper Serie A 475, University of Bonn, Germany.
- Alan Bevan & Saul Estrin & Mark E. Schaffer, 1999. "Determinants of Enterprise Performance during Transition," CERT Discussion Papers 9903, Centre for Economic Reform and Transformation, Heriot Watt University.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:pocoec:v:16:y:2004:i:3:p:307-331. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.