Exchange Rate Pass-through to Import Prices, and Monetary Policy in South Africa
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version below or search for a different version of it.
Other versions of this item:
- Janine Aron & Greg Farrell & John Muellbauer & Peter Sinclair, 2012. "Exchange Rate Pass-through to Import Prices, and Monetary Policy in South Africa," Working Papers 5152, South African Reserve Bank.
References listed on IDEAS
- David C. Parsley, 2012.
"Exchange Rate Pass-through in South Africa: Panel Evidence from Individual Goods and Services,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(7), pages 832-846, January.
- David C. Parsley, 2010. "Exchange Rate Pass-through in South Africa- Panel Evidence from Individual Goods and Services," Working Papers 3580, South African Reserve Bank.
- Parsley, David, 2010. "Exchange Rate Pass-through in South Africa: Panel Evidence from Individual Goods and Services," MPRA Paper 21115, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gita Gopinath & Oleg Itskhoki, 2010. "Frequency of Price Adjustment and Pass-Through," The Quarterly Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 125(2), pages 675-727.
- Taylor, John B., 2000. "Low inflation, pass-through, and the pricing power of firms," European Economic Review, Elsevier, vol. 44(7), pages 1389-1408, June.
- Devereux, Michael B. & Engel, Charles, 2002.
"Exchange rate pass-through, exchange rate volatility, and exchange rate disconnect,"
Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 49(5), pages 913-940, July.
- Michael B. Devereux & Charles Engel, 2002. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through, Exchange Rate Volatility, and Exchange Rate Disconnect," NBER Working Papers 8858, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- M.B. Devereux & Ch. Engel, 2003. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through, Exchange Rate Volatility, and ExchangeRate Disconnect," DNB Staff Reports (discontinued) 77, Netherlands Central Bank.
- Kevin Nell, 2004. "The structuralist theory of imported inflation: an application to South Africa," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 36(13), pages 1431-1444.
- repec:hrv:faseco:30703806 is not listed on IDEAS
- Johansen, Soren, 1988. "Statistical analysis of cointegration vectors," Journal of Economic Dynamics and Control, Elsevier, vol. 12(2-3), pages 231-254.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Isaacs, Gilad, 2014. "The myth of “neutrality” and the rhetoric of “stability”: macroeconomic policy in democratic South Africa," MPRA Paper 54426, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Kabundi, Alain & Mlachila, Montfort, 2019. "The role of monetary policy credibility in explaining the decline in exchange rate pass-through in South Africa," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 79(C), pages 173-185.
- Renzo Alvarez & Amin Shoja & Syed Uddin & Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2019.
"Daily exchange rate pass-through into micro prices,"
Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(6), pages 440-445, March.
- Renzo Alvarez & Amin Shoja & Syed Uddin & Hakan Yilmazkuday, 2018. "Daily Exchange Rate Pass-through into Micro Prices," Working Papers 1803, Florida International University, Department of Economics.
- Janine Aron & Ronald Macdonald & John Muellbauer, 2014. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through in Developing and Emerging Markets: A Survey of Conceptual, Methodological and Policy Issues, and Selected Empirical Findings," Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(1), pages 101-143, January.
- Sinyakov, A. & Chernyadyev, D. & Sapova, A., 2019. "Estimating the Exchange Rate Pass-Through Effect on Producer Prices of Final Products Based on Micro-Data of Russian Companies," Journal of the New Economic Association, New Economic Association, vol. 41(1), pages 128-157.
- Janine Aron & Kenneth Creamer & John Muellbauer & Neil Rankin, 2014.
"Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Consumer Prices in South Africa: Evidence from Micro-Data,"
Journal of Development Studies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 50(1), pages 165-185, January.
- Aron, Janine & Creamer, Kenneth & Muellbauer, John & Rankin, Neil, 2013. "Exchange Rate Pass-Through to Consumer Prices in South Africa: Evidence from Micro-Data," CEPR Discussion Papers 9735, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Edwards Lawrence & Hlatshwayo Ayanda, 2020. "Exchange rates and firm export performance in South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp2020-1, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Rebeca Jiménez‐Rodríguez & Amalia Morales‐Zumaquero, 2020. "BRICS: How important is the exchange rate pass‐through?," The World Economy, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 43(3), pages 781-793, March.
- Charl Jooste & Yaseen Jhaveri, 2014. "The Determinants of Time-Varying Exchange Rate Pass-Through in South Africa," South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 82(4), pages 603-615, December.
- Alain Kabundi & Asi Mbelu, 2018.
"Has the Exchange Rate Pass‐Through changed in South Africa?,"
South African Journal of Economics, Economic Society of South Africa, vol. 86(3), pages 339-360, September.
- Alain Kabundi & Asi Mbelu, 2016. "Has the Exchange Rate Pass-Through changed in South Africa?," Working Papers 7556, South African Reserve Bank.
- Alain Kabundi & Asi Mbelu, 2016. "Has the Exchange Rate Pass-Through changed in South Africa?," Working Papers 649, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Tunç, Cengiz, 2017. "A Survey on Exchange Rate Pass through in Emerging Markets," Bulletin of Economic Theory and Analysis, BETA Journals, vol. 2(3), pages 205-233, July-Sept.
- repec:kqi:journl:2017-1-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ponomarev, Yuriy (Пономарев, Юрий) & Rey, Aleksey (Рей, Алексей) & Radchenko, Darya (Радченко, Дарья), 2018. "Investigation of the Relationship between the Intensity of International Trade and the Volatility of Paired Exchange Rates of the Russian Federation and its Trading Partners [Исследование Взаимосвя," Working Papers 061823, Russian Presidential Academy of National Economy and Public Administration.
- Adekunle, Wasiu & Tiamiyu, Ajao, 2018. "Exchange rate pass-through to consumer prices in Nigeria: An asymmetric approach," MPRA Paper 88797, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Mehmet Balcilar & David Roubaud & Ojonugwa Usman & Mark E. Wohar, 2019. "Testing the Asymmetric Effects of Exchange Rate and Oil Price Pass-Through in BRICS Countries: Does the state of the economy matter?," Working Papers 15-49, Eastern Mediterranean University, Department of Economics.
- Dambar Uprety, 2017. "The Impact of Remittances on Economic Growth in Nepal," Journal of Development Innovations, KarmaQuest Internatioinal, vol. 1(1), pages 114-134, February.
- Franz Ruch & Neil Rankin & Stan du Plessis, 2016. "Decomposing inflation using micro-price-level data- South Africa’s pricing dynamics," Working Papers 7353, South African Reserve Bank.
- Lawrence Edwards & Ayanda Hlatshwayo, 2020. "Exchange rates and firm export performance in South Africa," WIDER Working Paper Series wp-2020-1, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Michael Debabrata Patra & Joice John, 2018. "Non-Linear, Asymmetric and TimeVarying Exchange Rate Pass-Through: Recent Evidence from India," Working Papers id:12700, eSocialSciences.
- Прокопьев М.Г., 2016. "Анализ Влияния Цен На Импортные Товары На Цены Внутреннего Рынка: Методические Аспекты," Журнал Экономика и математические методы (ЭММ), Центральный Экономико-Математический Институт (ЦЭМИ), vol. 52(1), pages 20-27, январь.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:jdevst:v:50:y:2014:i:1:p:144-164. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FJDS20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.