The impact of open market equity repurchases on UK equity prices
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Brennan, Michael J & Thakor, Anjan V, 1990. " Shareholder Preferences and Dividend Policy," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 45(4), pages 993-1018, September.
- Holthausen, Robert W. & Leftwich, Richard W. & Mayers, David, 1987. "The effect of large block transactions on security prices: A cross-sectional analysis," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(2), pages 237-267, December.
- Eckbo, B. Espen, 1986. "Valuation effects of corporate debt offerings," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 119-151.
- Bartov, Eli, 1991. "Open-market stock repurchases as signals for earnings and risk changes," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 275-294, September.
- Karpoff, Jonathan M., 1987. "The Relation between Price Changes and Trading Volume: A Survey," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 22(01), pages 109-126, March.
- Hertzel, Michael & Jain, Prem C., 1991. "Earnings and risk changes around stock repurchase tender offers," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 253-274, September.
- Dann, Larry Y. & Masulis, Ronald W. & Mayers, David, 1991. "Repurchase tender offers and earnings information," Journal of Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 14(3), pages 217-251, September.
- White, Halbert, 1980. "Nonlinear Regression on Cross-Section Data," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 48(3), pages 721-746, April.
- Comment, Robert & Jarrell, Gregg A, 1991. " The Relative Signalling Power of Dutch-Auction and Fixed-Price Self-Tender Offers and Open-Market Share Repurchases," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 46(4), pages 1243-1271, September.
- Dimson, Elroy, 1979. "Risk measurement when shares are subject to infrequent trading," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(2), pages 197-226, June.
- Pugh, William & Jahera, John S, Jr, 1990. "Stock Repurchase and Excess Returns: An Empirical Examination," The Financial Review, Eastern Finance Association, vol. 25(1), pages 127-142, February.
- Vermaelen, Theo, 1981. "Common stock repurchases and market signalling : An empirical study," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 139-183, June.
- Ambarish, Ramasastry & John, Kose & Williams, Joseph, 1987. " Efficient Signalling with Dividends and Investments," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 42(2), pages 321-343, June.
- Vermaelen, Theo, 1984. "Repurchase Tender Offers, Signaling, and Managerial Incentives," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 19(02), pages 163-181, June.
- Masulis, Ronald W, 1980. " Stock Repurchase by Tender Offer: An Analysis of the Causes of Common Stock Price Changes," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 35(2), pages 305-319, May.
- John, Kose & Williams, Joseph, 1985. " Dividends, Dilution, and Taxes: A Signalling Equilibrium," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 40(4), pages 1053-1070, September.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Firth, Michael & Leung, T.Y. & Rui, Oliver M., 2010.
"Double signals or single signal? An investigation of insider trading around share repurchases,"
Journal of International Financial Markets, Institutions and Money,
Elsevier, vol. 20(4), pages 376-388, October.
- Michael Firth & T. Y. Leung & Oliver M. Rui, 2008. "Double Signals or Single Signal? An Investigation of Insider Trading Around Share Repurchases," Working Papers 222008, Hong Kong Institute for Monetary Research.
- Chi-Chun Liu & Ni-Yun Chen, 2015. "Earnings Surprises in Analysts' Forecasts, Mandatory Disclosure, and Share Repurchases," Abacus, Accounting Foundation, University of Sydney, vol. 51(1), pages 63-85, March.
- Bogna Ka?mierska-Jó?wiak & Elzbieta Wro?ska-Bukalska, 2017. "Effect Of Repurchase Announcement On The Polish Alternative Stock Market," Proceedings of Economics and Finance Conferences 4807891, International Institute of Social and Economic Sciences.
- Carol Padgett & Zhiqi Wang, "undated". "Short-Term Returns of UK Share Buyback Activity," ICMA Centre Discussion Papers in Finance icma-dp2007-10, Henley Business School, Reading University.
More about this item
KeywordsG14 information and market efficiency; event studies; G32 financing policy: capital and ownership structure;
- G14 - Financial Economics - - General Financial Markets - - - Information and Market Efficiency; Event Studies; Insider Trading
- G32 - Financial Economics - - Corporate Finance and Governance - - - Financing Policy; Financial Risk and Risk Management; Capital and Ownership Structure; Value of Firms; Goodwill
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:eurjfi:v:2:y:1996:i:4:p:353-370. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/REJF20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.