A method for calculating the crowding-out effect in sport mega-event impact studies: The 2010 FIFA World Cup
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
Blog mentionsAs found by EconAcademics.org, the blog aggregator for Economics research:
- Coupe du Monde de la FIFA 2014 au BrÃ©sil : est-ce vraiment rentable ?
by firstname.lastname@example.org (Julien Moussavi) in BS Initiative on 2014-06-05 13:28:44
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Johan Fourie & Maria Santana-Gallego, 2017. "The Invisible Hand of Thierry Henry," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 18(7), pages 750-766, October.
- Peter A. Groothuis & Kurt W. Rotthoff, 2016. "The Economic Impact and Civic Pride Effects of Sports Teams and Mega-Events: Do The Public and the Professionals Agree?," Economic Affairs, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 36(1), pages 21-32, February.
- Robert W. Wassmer & Ryan S. Ong & Geoffrey Propheter, 2016. "Suggestions for the Needed Standardization of Determining the Local Economic Impact of Professional Sports," Economic Development Quarterly, , vol. 30(3), pages 252-266, August.
- Jean-Jacques Gouguet & Christophe Lepetit, 2017. "The Economic Impact Of Euro 2016. Methodological Aspects," Rivista di Diritto ed Economia dello Sport, Centro di diritto e business dello Sport, vol. 13(2), pages 153-171, settembre.
- Stefan Szymanski & Bastien Drut, 2020. "The Private Benefit of Public Funding: The FIFA World Cup, UEFA European Championship, and Attendance at Host Country League Soccer," Journal of Sports Economics, , vol. 21(7), pages 723-745, October.
- Eric Beckman & Mark Traynor, 2019. "Utilizing trade market analysis to identify the economic impact of a multiday special event in Miami Beach, Florida," Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(2), pages 253-273, March.
- Sungsoo Kim, 2021. "Assessing economic and fiscal impacts of sports complex in a small US county," Tourism Economics, , vol. 27(3), pages 455-465, May.
- Hyesun Kim & Jooa Baek & Yeongbae Choe, 2021. "Family life cycle and preferences for a mega-sporting event package: The case of the 2018 PyeongChang Winter Olympic Games," Tourism Economics, , vol. 27(3), pages 548-568, May.
- Christopher Vierhaus, 2019. "The international tourism effect of hosting the Olympic Games and the FIFA World Cup," Tourism Economics, , vol. 25(7), pages 1009-1028, November.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:deveza:v:28:y:2011:i:3:p:367-385. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CDSA20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
We have no bibliographic references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/CDSA20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.