The home team scores! A first assessment of the economic impact of World Cup 2010
Download full text from publisher
References listed on IDEAS
- Murray Leibbrandt & Haroon Bhorat, 1999. "Modelling Vulnerability and Low Earnings in the South African Labour Market," Working Papers 99032, University of Cape Town, Development Policy Research Unit.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Douglas Barrios & Stuart Russell & Matt Andrews, 2016. "Bringing Home the Gold? A Review of the Economic Impact of Hosting Mega-Events," CID Working Papers 320, Center for International Development at Harvard University.
- Stan du Plessis & Wolfgang Maennig, 2012.
"The 2010 FIFA World Cup High-frequency Data Economics: Effects on International Tourism and Awareness for South Africa,"
Chapters,in: International Handbook on the Economics of Mega Sporting Events, chapter 27
Edward Elgar Publishing.
- Stan du Plessis & Wolfgang Maennig, 2011. "The 2010 FIFA World Cup high-frequency data economics: Effects on international tourism and awareness for South Africa," Development Southern Africa, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 28(3), pages 349-365, September.
- Veysel Avsar & Umut Unal, 2014. "Trading Effects of the FIFA World Cup," Kyklos, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 67(3), pages 315-329, August.
More about this item
KeywordsFIFA world cup; Mega sport events; Sport and economics;
- L83 - Industrial Organization - - Industry Studies: Services - - - Sports; Gambling; Restaurants; Recreation; Tourism
NEP fieldsThis paper has been announced in the following NEP Reports:
- NEP-AFR-2010-09-11 (Africa)
- NEP-ALL-2010-09-11 (All new papers)
- NEP-SPO-2010-09-11 (Sports & Economics)
- NEP-TUR-2010-09-11 (Tourism Economics)
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:sza:wpaper:wpapers120. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Melt van Schoor). General contact details of provider: http://edirc.repec.org/data/desunza.html .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .