Path dependence, change and the emergence of the first joint-stock companies
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Charles Hickson & John Turner, 2005. "The Genesis of Corporate Governance: Nineteenth-Century Irish Joint-Stock Banks," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 47(2), pages 174-189.
- Nicholas Kyriazis, 2009. "Financing the Athenian state: public choice in the age of Demosthenes," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 27(2), pages 109-127, April.
- David, Paul A, 1985. "Clio and the Economics of QWERTY," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 75(2), pages 332-337, May.
- George Halkos & Nickolas Kyriazis, 2005. "A Naval Revolution and Institutional Change: The Case of the United Provinces," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 19(1), pages 41-68, January.
- David McKeagan, 2009. "Development of a mature securities market in Montreal from 1817 to 1874," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 51(1), pages 59-76.
- George Halkos & Nickolas Kyriazis, 2010. "The Athenian economy in the age of Demosthenes: path dependence and change," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 255-277, June.
- Nicholas Kyriazis & Michel Zouboulakis, 2004. "Democracy, Sea Power and Institutional Change: An Economic Analysis of the Athenian Naval Law," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 117-132, January.
- de Vries,Jan & van der Woude,Ad, 1997. "The First Modern Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521570619.
- Gelderblom, Oscar & Jonker, Joost, 2004. "Completing a Financial Revolution: The Finance of the Dutch East India Trade and the Rise of the Amsterdam Capital Market, 1595 1612," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 64(03), pages 641-672, September.
- Mark Freeman & Robin Pearson & James Taylor, 2007. "Technological change and the governance of joint-stock enterprise in the early nineteenth century: The case of coastal shipping," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 49(5), pages 573-594.
- de Vries,Jan & van der Woude,Ad, 1997. "The First Modern Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9780521578257.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nicholas Kyriazis & Xenophon Paparrigopoulos, 2014. "War and democracy in ancient Greece," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 38(1), pages 163-183, August.
- Militiades N. Georgiou & Nicholas Kyriazis & Emmanouil M. L. Economou, 2015. "Democracy, Political Stability and Economic performance. A Panel Data Analysis," Journal of Risk & Control, Risk Market Journals, vol. 2(1), pages 1-18.
- Kyriazis, Nicholas & Metaxas, Theodore, 2012. "War for Profit: Macroculture, Corsairs and partnership companies," MPRA Paper 40926, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emmanouil Economou & Nicholas Kyriazis & Theodore Metaxas, 2015.
"The institutional and economic foundations of regional proto-federations,"
Economics of Governance,
Springer, vol. 16(3), pages 251-271, August.
- Emmanouil Marios Lazaros Economou & Nicholas Kyriazis & Theodore Metaxas, 2013. "The institutional and economic foundations of regional proto-federations," ERSA conference papers ersa13p739, European Regional Science Association.
- Amankwah-Amoah, Joseph & Durugbo, Christopher, 2016. "The rise and fall of technology companies: The evolutional phase model of ST-Ericsson's dissolution," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 102(C), pages 21-33.
- Georgiou, Militiades N. & Kyriazis, Nicholas & Economou, Emmanouel/Marios/Lazaros, 2015. "Political Stability and Democratic Governance. A Panel Data Analysis," MPRA Paper 62978, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Economou, Emmanouel/Marios/Lazaros & Kyriazis, Nicholas & Metaxas, Theodore, 2014. "Warfare at sea and profit: Corsairs, institutions and partnership companies," MPRA Paper 58985, University Library of Munich, Germany.
More about this item
Keywordspath dependence and change; institutions; joint-stock companies; sixteenth-seventeenth century; United Provinces (Dutch Republic); VOC;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:bushst:v:53:y:2011:i:3:p:363-374. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/FBSH20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.