A Naval Revolution and Institutional Change: The Case of the United Provinces
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Bean, Richard, 1973. "War and the Birth of the Nation State," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 33(01), pages 203-221, March.
- Nicholas Kyriazis & Michel Zouboulakis, 2004. "Democracy, Sea Power and Institutional Change: An Economic Analysis of the Athenian Naval Law," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 17(1), pages 117-132, January.
- North, Douglass C, 1978. "Structure and Performance: The Task of Economic History," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 16(3), pages 963-978, September.
- Greif, Avner, 1994. "On the Political Foundations of the Late Medieval Commercial Revolution: Genoa During the Twelfth and Thirteenth Centuries," The Journal of Economic History, Cambridge University Press, vol. 54(02), pages 271-287, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Kyriazis, Nicholas & Economou, Emmanouel/Marios/Lazaros & Zachilas, Loukas, 2012. "Social Contract, public choice and fiscal repercussions in Athenian Democracy," MPRA Paper 43498, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Emmanouil M. L. Economou & Nicholas C. Kyriazis, 2016. "The Achaeans and the Europeans: An Interdisciplinary Comparison of Federations," International Journal of Social Science Research, Macrothink Institute, vol. 4(2), pages 8-23, September.
- Kyriazis, Nicholas & Metaxas, Theodore, 2012. "War for Profit: Macroculture, Corsairs and partnership companies," MPRA Paper 40926, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Economou, Emmanouel/Marios/Lazaros & Kyriazis, Nicholas, 2013. "The emergence and the development of the federations: The Achaean federation, the United Provinces and the EU," MPRA Paper 47349, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- George Halkos & Nickolas Kyriazis, 2010. "The Athenian economy in the age of Demosthenes: path dependence and change," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 29(3), pages 255-277, June.
- Kyriazis, Nicholas & Metaxas, Theodore, 2013. "The emergence of democracy: a behavioural perspective," MPRA Paper 47146, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Nicholas Kyriazis & Theodore Metaxas, 2011. "Path dependence, change and the emergence of the first joint-stock companies," Business History, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 53(3), pages 363-374.
- Economou, Emmanouel/Marios/Lazaros & Kyriazis, Nicholas & Metaxas, Theodore, 2014. "Warfare at sea and profit: Corsairs, institutions and partnership companies," MPRA Paper 58985, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Frank Wätzold, 2009. "Explaining differences in EMAS participation rates across Europe: the importance of institutions, incomplete information and path dependence," European Journal of Law and Economics, Springer, vol. 28(1), pages 67-82, August.
More about this item
Keywordssignalling games; growth theory; institutional change; United Provinces;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:kap:ejlwec:v:19:y:2005:i:1:p:41-68. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .