Broadband penetration and economic growth nexus: evidence from cross-country panel data
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Abdur Chowdhury & George Mavrotas, 2005. "FDI and Growth: a Causal Relationship," WIDER Working Paper Series RP2005-25, World Institute for Development Economic Research (UNU-WIDER).
- Suzanne McCoskey & Chihwa Kao, 1998. "A Panel Data Investigation of the Relationship Between Urbanization and Growth," Urban/Regional 9805004, University Library of Munich, Germany.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Bertschek, Irene & Briglauer, Wolfgang & Hüschelrath, Kai & Kauf, Benedikt & Niebel, Thomas, 2016. "The economic impacts of telecommunications networks and broadband internet: A survey," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-056, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Candelaria, José Alberto, 2015. "A panel data analysis of temporary and permanent effects of fixed broadband penetration over economic growth," 2015 Regional ITS Conference, Los Angeles 2015 146312, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Briglauer, Wolfgang & Dürr, Niklas S. & Falck, Oliver & Hüschelrath, Kai, 2019.
"Does state aid for broadband deployment in rural areas close the digital and economic divide?,"
Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 46(C), pages 68-85.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang & Dürr, Niklas S. & Falck, Oliver & Hüschelrath, Kai, 2016. "Does state aid for broadband deployment in rural areas close the digital and economic divide?," ZEW Discussion Papers 16-064, ZEW - Leibniz Centre for European Economic Research.
- Wolfgang Briglauer & Niklas S. Dürr & Oliver Falck & Kai Hüschelrath, 2018. "Does State Aid for Broadband Deployment in Rural Areas Close the Digital and Economic Divide?," CESifo Working Paper Series 6947, CESifo.
- Briglauer, Wolfgang, 2017. "Does State Aid For Broadband Deployment In Rural Areas Close The Digital And Economic Divide?," VfS Annual Conference 2017 (Vienna): Alternative Structures for Money and Banking 168055, Verein für Socialpolitik / German Economic Association.
- Nair, Mahendhiran & Pradhan, Rudra P. & Arvin, Mak B., 2020. "Endogenous dynamics between R&D, ICT and economic growth: Empirical evidence from the OECD countries," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 62(C).
- Bertschek Irene & Briglauer Wolfgang & Hüschelrath Kai & Kauf Benedikt & Niebel Thomas, 2015. "The Economic Impacts of Broadband Internet: A Survey," Review of Network Economics, De Gruyter, vol. 14(4), pages 201-227, December.
- Edquist, Harald & Goodridge, Peter & Haskel, Jonathan & Li, Xuan & Lindquist, Edward, 2018. "How important are mobile broadband networks for the global economic development?," Information Economics and Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(C), pages 16-29.
- Katz, Raúl & Jung, Juan & Callorda, Fernando, 2020. "Can digitization mitigate the economic damage of a pandemic? Evidence from SARS," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 44(10).
- Jaume Benseny & Juuso Toyli & Heikki Hammainen & Andr'es Arcia-Moret, 2019. "The mitigating role of regulation on the concentric patterns of broadband diffusion. The case of Finland," Papers 1905.03002, arXiv.org, revised Oct 2020.
- Pradhan, Rudra P. & Arvin, Mak B. & Norman, Neville R., 2015. "The dynamics of information and communications technologies infrastructure, economic growth, and financial development: Evidence from Asian countries," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 135-149.
- Matthias Firgo & Peter Mayerhofer & Michael Peneder & Philipp Piribauer & Peter Reschenhofer, 2018. "Beschäftigungseffekte der Digitalisierung in den Bundesländern sowie in Stadt und Land," WIFO Studies, WIFO, number 61633.
- Rudra P. Pradhan & Mak B. Arvin & Mahendhiran Nair & Sara E. Bennett & John H. Hall, 2019. "The information revolution, innovation diffusion and economic growth: an examination of causal links in European countries," Quality & Quantity: International Journal of Methodology, Springer, vol. 53(3), pages 1529-1563, May.
- Rudra P. Pradhan & Mak B. Arvin & Sahar Bahmani & Sara E. Bennett, 2017. "Broadband penetration, financial development, and economic growth nexus: evidence from the Arab League countries," Macroeconomics and Finance in Emerging Market Economies, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 10(2), pages 151-171, May.
- Pradhan, Rudra P. & Arvin, Mak B. & Nair, Mahendhiran & Bennett, Sara E. & Bahmani, Sahar, 2019. "Short-term and long-term dynamics of venture capital and economic growth in a digital economy: A study of European countries," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 125-134.
- Bahia, Kalvin & Castells, Pau & Pedrós, Xavier, 2019. "The impact of mobile technology on economic growth: global insights from 2000-2017 developments," 30th European Regional ITS Conference, Helsinki 2019 205164, International Telecommunications Society (ITS).
- Appiah-Otoo, Isaac & Song, Na, 2021. "The impact of ICT on economic growth-Comparing rich and poor countries," Telecommunications Policy, Elsevier, vol. 45(2).
- Pradhan, Rudra P. & Arvin, Mak B. & Bahmani, Sahar & Bennett, Sara E., 2017. "The innovation- growth link in OECD countries: Could other macroeconomic variables matter?," Technology in Society, Elsevier, vol. 51(C), pages 113-123.
- Rudra P. Pradhan, Mak B. Arvin, & Mahendhiran Nair, Jay Mittal, & Neville R. Norman, 2017. "Telecommunications infrastructure and usage and the FDI–growth nexus: evidence from Asian-21 countries "Abstract: This paper examines causal relationships between telecommunications infrastructur," Department of Economics - Working Papers Series 2032, The University of Melbourne.
- Rudra P. Pradhan & Mak B. Arvin & Neville R. Norman & Sara E. Bennett, 2016. "Financial depth, internet penetration rates and economic growth: country-panel evidence," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(4), pages 331-343, January.
- Owusu-Agyei, Samuel & Okafor, Godwin & Chijoke-Mgbame, Aruoriwo Marian & Ohalehi, Paschal & Hasan, Fakhrul, 2020. "Internet adoption and financial development in sub-Saharan Africa," Technological Forecasting and Social Change, Elsevier, vol. 161(C).
- Tanja Broz & Goran Buturac & Miloš Parežanin, 2020. "Digital transformation and economic cooperation: The case of Western Balkan countries," Zbornik radova Ekonomskog fakulteta u Rijeci/Proceedings of Rijeka Faculty of Economics, University of Rijeka, Faculty of Economics and Business, vol. 38(2), pages 697-722.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Andreea TRIMBITAS & Andrei VECERDEA, 2013. "Foreign Direct Investment Drivers in Romania," Expert Journal of Finance, Sprint Investify, vol. 1(1), pages 33-42, December.
- Nikopour, Hesam & Shah Habibullah, Muzafar & Schneider, Friedrich & Law, Siong Hook, 2009. "Foreign Direct Investment and Shadow Economy: A Causality Analysis Using Panel Data," MPRA Paper 14485, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Olajide S. OLADIPO, 2012. "Does Foreign Direct Investment cause long run Economic Growth? Evidence from the Latin America and the Caribbean Countries," Applied Econometrics and International Development, Euro-American Association of Economic Development, vol. 12(1).
- Glauco de Vita & Khine Kyaw, 2009. "Growth effects of FDI and portfolio investment flows to developing countries: a disaggregated analysis by income levels," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 16(3), pages 277-283.
- Melisa Chanegriha & Chris Stewart & Christopher Tsoukis, 2020.
"Testing for causality between FDI and economic growth using heterogeneous panel data,"
The Journal of International Trade & Economic Development, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 29(5), pages 546-565, July.
- Chanegriha, Melisa & Stewart, Chris & Tsoukis, Christopher, 2018. "Testing for causality between FDI and economic growth using heterogeneous panel data," Economics Discussion Papers 2018-4, School of Economics, Kingston University London.
- Heshmati, Almas & Davis, Rhona, 2007. "The Determinants of Foreign Direct Investment Flows to the Federal Region of Kurdistan," IZA Discussion Papers 3218, Institute of Labor Economics (IZA).
- Johansson, Anders C. & Wang, Xun, 2015. "Financial Liberalization and Urbanization," Stockholm School of Economics Asia Working Paper Series 2015-35, Stockholm School of Economics, Stockholm China Economic Research Institute.
- Mohammad Zillur Rahman, 2011. "An Empirical Study on the Relationship between Foreign Investment and International Trade in Bangladesh," International Journal of Financial Research, International Journal of Financial Research, Sciedu Press, vol. 2(2), pages 33-39, July.
- Faruk Gürsoy & Hüseyin Kalyoncu, 2012. "Foreign Direct Investment and Growth Relationship in Georgia," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 2(3), pages 267-271.
- Carike Claassen & ElsabÃ© Loots & Henri Bezuidenhout, 2011. "Chinese Foreign Direct Investment in Africa," Working Papers 261, Economic Research Southern Africa.
- Faik Bilgili & Nadide S. Tülüce & Ibrahim Doğan & H. Hilal Bağlıtas, 2016. "The causality between FDI and sector-specific production in Turkey: evidence from threshold cointegration with regime shifts," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 48(5), pages 345-360, January.
- Barrios, Salvador & Bertinelli, Luisito & Strobl, Eric, 2006.
"Climatic change and rural-urban migration: The case of sub-Saharan Africa,"
Journal of Urban Economics, Elsevier, vol. 60(3), pages 357-371, November.
- Eric Strobl & Luisito Bertinelli & Salvador Barrios, "undated". "Climatic Change and Rural-Urban Migration: The Case of Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers on International Economics and Finance 06-01, FEDEA.
- Salvador Barrios & Luisito Bertinelli & Eric Strobl, 2006. "Climatic Change and Rural-Urban Migration: The Case of Sub-Saharan Africa," Working Papers 06-01, Asociación Española de Economía y Finanzas Internacionales.
- BARRIOS, Salvador & BERTINELLI, Luisito & STROBL, Eric, 2006. "Climatic change and rural-urban migration: the case of sub-Saharan Africa," LIDAM Discussion Papers CORE 2006046, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Ozturk, Ilhan & Kalyoncu, Huseyin, 2007.
"Foreign Direct Investment and Growth: An Empirical Investigation based on Cross-Country Comparison,"
Economia Internazionale / International Economics, Camera di Commercio Industria Artigianato Agricoltura di Genova, vol. 60(1), pages 75-81.
- Ozturk, Ilhan & Kalyoncu, Huseyin, 2007. "Foreign Direct Investment and Growth: An Empiricial Investigation Based on Cross-Country Comparison," MPRA Paper 9636, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Maham Bokhari & Syed Akhtar Hussain Shah, 2019. "Measuring the Impact of FDI and Private Domestic Investment on Growth-Case of South Asia," PIDE-Working Papers 2019:161, Pakistan Institute of Development Economics.
- Sasatra Sudsawasd & Santi Chaisrisawatsuk, 2014. "Foreign Direct Investment, Intellectual Property Rights, and Productivity Growth," Journal of International Commerce, Economics and Policy (JICEP), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 5(03), pages 1-19.
- M. Tahir Suleman, Muhammad Talha Amin, 2015. "The Impact of Sectoral Foreign Direct Investment on Industrial Economic Growth of Pakistan," Journal of Management Sciences, Geist Science, Iqra University, Faculty of Business Administration, vol. 2(1), pages 151-165, March.
- Samuel Antwi & Xicang Zhao, 2013. "Impact of Foreign Direct Investment and Economic Growth in Ghana: A Cointegration Analysis," International Journal of Business and Social Research, LAR Center Press, vol. 3(1), pages 64-74, January.
- Mamingi, Nlandu & Martin, Kareem, 2018. "Foreign direct investment and growth in developing countries: evidence from the countries of the Organisation of Eastern Caribbean States," Revista CEPAL, Naciones Unidas Comisión Económica para América Latina y el Caribe (CEPAL), April.
- Argelia Munoz Pahuamba & Ye Jianmu & Abdoulaye Oury Bah, 2015. "Latin America Development under Chinese Investment Hegemony," International Journal of Management Science and Business Administration, Inovatus Services Ltd., vol. 1(5), pages 38-50, April.
- Odhiambo, Nicholas M, 2021. "Foreign direct investment and economic growth in Kenya: An empirical investigation," Working Papers 27168, University of South Africa, Department of Economics.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:46:y:2014:i:35:p:4360-4369. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.