Defence spending, economic growth and temporal causality: evidence from Taiwan and mainland China, 1952-1995
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Wales, T. J. & Woodland, A. D., 1983. "Estimation of consumer demand systems with binding non-negativity constraints," Journal of Econometrics, Elsevier, vol. 21(3), pages 263-285, April.
- Hajivassiliou, V A, 1994.
"A Simulation Estimation Analysis of the External Debt Crises of Developing Countries,"
Journal of Applied Econometrics,
John Wiley & Sons, Ltd., vol. 9(2), pages 109-131, April-Jun.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou, 1993. "A Simulation Estimation Analysis of the External Debt Crises of Developing Countries," Working Papers _022, Yale University.
- Hajivassiliou, 1993. "A Simulation Estimation Analysis of the External Debt Crises of Developing Countries," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 1057, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- Feenberg, Daniel & Skinner, Jonathan, 1994.
"The Risk and Duration of Catastrophic Health Care Expenditures,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics,
MIT Press, vol. 76(4), pages 633-647, November.
- Daniel Feenberg & Jonathan Skinner, 1992. "The Risk and Duration of Catastrophic Health Care Expenditures," NBER Working Papers 4147, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Borsch-Supan, Axel & Hajivassiliou, Vassilis A., 1993.
"Smooth unbiased multivariate probability simulators for maximum likelihood estimation of limited dependent variable models,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 58(3), pages 347-368, August.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Axel Borsch-Supan, 1990. "Smooth Unbiased Multivariate Probability Simulators for Maximum Likelihood Estimation of Limited Dependent Variable Models," Cowles Foundation Discussion Papers 960, Cowles Foundation for Research in Economics, Yale University.
- V A Hajivassiliou, 1997. "Some Practical Issues in Maximum Simulated Likelihood," STICERD - Econometrics Paper Series 340, Suntory and Toyota International Centres for Economics and Related Disciplines, LSE.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Pitt, Mark M, 1986. "Microeconometric Demand Systems with Binding Nonnegativity Constraints: The Dual Approach," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 54(5), pages 1237-1242, September.
- Hajivassiliou, Vassilis & McFadden, Daniel & Ruud, Paul, 1996.
"Simulation of multivariate normal rectangle probabilities and their derivatives theoretical and computational results,"
Journal of Econometrics,
Elsevier, vol. 72(1-2), pages 85-134.
- Vassilis A. Hajivassiliou & Daniel L. McFadden & Paul Ruud, 1993. "Simulation of Multivariate Normal Rectangle Probabilities and their Derivatives: Theoretical and Computational Results," Working Papers _024, Yale University.
- Stern, Steven, 1992. "A Method for Smoothing Simulated Moments of Discrete Probabilities in Multinomial Probit Models," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(4), pages 943-952, July.
- Heckman, James J, 1974. "Shadow Prices, Market Wages, and Labor Supply," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 42(4), pages 679-694, July.
- Lee, Lung-Fei & Pitt, Mark M., 1984. "Microeconometric Models of Consumer and Producer Demand with Limited Dependent Variables," Bulletins 7495, University of Minnesota, Economic Development Center.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Tsangyao Chang & Chien-Chiang Lee & Hsiao-Ping Chu, 2015. "Revisiting the Defense-Growth nexus in European countries," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 341-356, June.
- Ourania Dimitraki & Faek Menla Ali, 2015. "The Long-run Causal Relationship Between Military Expenditure and Economic Growth in China: Revisited," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 26(3), pages 311-326, June.
- Chien-Chiang Lee & Sheng-Tung Chen, 2007. "Non-Linearity In The Defence Expenditure - Economic Growth Relationship In Taiwan," Defence and Peace Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 18(6), pages 537-555.
- Christos Kollias & Suzanna-Maria Paleologou, 2010. "Growth, investment and military expenditure in the European Union-15," Journal of Economic Studies, Emerald Group Publishing, vol. 37(2), pages 228-240, May.
- Ming Zhong & Tsangyao Chang & Samrat Goswami & Rangan Gupta, 2014. "The Nexus between Military Expenditures and Economic Growth in the BRICS and the US: A Bootstrap Panel Causality Test," Working Papers 201449, University of Pretoria, Department of Economics.
- Henryk Gurgul & Łukasz Lach & Roland Mestel, 2012.
"The relationship between budgetary expenditure and economic growth in Poland,"
Central European Journal of Operations Research,
Springer;Slovak Society for Operations Research;Hungarian Operational Research Society;Czech Society for Operations Research;Österr. Gesellschaft für Operations Research (ÖGOR);Slovenian Society Informatika - Section for Operational Research;Croatian Operational Research Society, vol. 20(1), pages 161-182, March.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Lukasz & Mestel, Roland, 2011. "The relationship between budgetary expenditure and economic growth in Poland," MPRA Paper 35784, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz & Mestel, Roland, 2012. "The relationship between budgetary expenditure and economic growth in Poland," MPRA Paper 52304, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2011. "Causality analysis between public expenditure and economic growth of Polish economy in last decade," MPRA Paper 52281, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Chen, Pei-Fen & Lee, Chien-Chiang & Chiu, Yi-Bin, 2014. "The nexus between defense expenditure and economic growth: New global evidence," Economic Modelling, Elsevier, vol. 36(C), pages 474-483.
- repec:taf:defpea:v:28:y:2017:i:6:p:703-718 is not listed on IDEAS
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:applec:v:33:y:2001:i:10:p:1289-1299. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEC20 .
We have no references for this item. You can help adding them by using this form .