Models of forward Libor and swap rates
The backward induction approach is systematically used to produce various models of forward market rates. These include the lognormal model of forward Libor rates examined by Miltersen et al. and Brace et al., as well as the lognormal model of (fixed-maturity) forward swap rates, which was proposed by Jamshidian. The valuation formulae for European caps and swaptions are given. In the last section, the Eurodollar futures contracts and options are examined within the framework of the lognormal model of forward Libor rates.
Volume (Year): 6 (1999)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Glasserman, P. & Zhao, X., 1998. "Arbitrage-Free Discretization of Lognormal Forward Libor and Swap Rate Models," Papers 98-09, Columbia - Graduate School of Business.
- Amin, Kaushik I & Ng, Victor K, 1997. "Inferring Future Volatility from the Information in Implied Volatility in Eurodollar Options: A New Approach," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 10(2), pages 333-67.
- Marek Rutkowski & Marek Musiela, 1997. "Continuous-time term structure models: Forward measure approach (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 261-291.
- Miltersen, Kristian R & Sandmann, Klaus & Sondermann, Dieter, 1997.
" Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates,"
Journal of Finance,
American Finance Association, vol. 52(1), pages 409-30, March.
- Miltersen, K. & K. Sandmann & D. Sondermann, 1994. "Closed Form Solutions for Term Structure Derivatives with Log-Normal Interest Rates," Discussion Paper Serie B 308, University of Bonn, Germany.
- J.E. Kennedy & P.J. Hunt, 1998. "Implied interest rate pricing models," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 2(3), pages 275-293.
- Ball, Clifford A. & Torous, Walter N., 1983. "Bond Price Dynamics and Options," Journal of Financial and Quantitative Analysis, Cambridge University Press, vol. 18(04), pages 517-531, December.
- Heath, David & Jarrow, Robert & Morton, Andrew, 1992. "Bond Pricing and the Term Structure of Interest Rates: A New Methodology for Contingent Claims Valuation," Econometrica, Econometric Society, vol. 60(1), pages 77-105, January.
- Farshid Jamshidian, 1997. "LIBOR and swap market models and measures (*)," Finance and Stochastics, Springer, vol. 1(4), pages 293-330.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:6:y:1999:i:1:p:29-60. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.