Stock market bubbles in the laboratory
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Victor Zarnowitz, 1986. "The Record and Improvability of Economic Forecasting," NBER Working Papers 2099, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Stephen Cheung & Stefan Palan, 2012.
"Two heads are less bubbly than one: team decision-making in an experimental asset market,"
Springer;Economic Science Association, vol. 15(3), pages 373-397, September.
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Palan, Stefan, 2009. "Two Heads Are Less Bubbly than One: Team Decision-Making in an Experimental Asset Market," IZA Discussion Papers 4507, Institute for the Study of Labor (IZA).
- Cheung, Stephen L. & Palan, Stefan, 2011. "Two heads are less bubbly than one: Team decision-making in an experimental asset market," Working Papers 2011-08, University of Sydney, School of Economics.
- Markus Noth & Martin Weber, 2003.
"Information Aggregation with Random Ordering: Cascades and Overconfidence,"
Royal Economic Society, vol. 113(484), pages 166-189, January.
- Nöth, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2000. "Information aggregation with random ordering : cascades and overconficence," Papers 00-34, Sonderforschungsbreich 504.
- Nöth, Markus & Weber, Martin, 2000. "Information Aggregation with Random Ordering: Cascades and Overconfidence," Sonderforschungsbereich 504 Publications 00-34, Sonderforschungsbereich 504, Universität Mannheim;Sonderforschungsbereich 504, University of Mannheim.
- Markus Noeth & Martin Weber, 2000. "Information Aggregation with Random Ordering: Cascades and Overconfidence," Econometric Society World Congress 2000 Contributed Papers 1592, Econometric Society.
- Brice Corgnet & Roberto Hernán González & Praveen Kujal & David Porter, 2013.
"The Effect of Earned vs. House Money on Price Bubble Formation in Experimental Asset Markets,"
13-04, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Corgnet, Brice & Hernán, Roberto & Kujal, Praveen & Porter, David, 2013. "The effect of earned vs. house money on price bubble formation in experimental asset markets," UC3M Working papers. Economics we1304, Universidad Carlos III de Madrid. Departamento de Economía.
- Tokic, Damir, 2011. "Rational destabilizing speculation, positive feedback trading, and the oil bubble of 2008," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 39(4), pages 2051-2061, April.
- Mizuta, Hideyuki & Steiglitz, Ken & Lirov, Erez, 2003. "Effects of price signal choices on market stability," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 52(2), pages 235-251, October.
- Gregory Waymire & Sudipta Basu, 2011. "Economic crisis and accounting evolution," Accounting and Business Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 41(3), pages 207-232, August.
- Gunduz Caginalp & Vladimira Ilieva, 2006. "The dynamics of trader motivations in asset bubbles," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 008, University of Siena.
- Brice Corgnet & Roberto Hernán-González & Praveen Kujal & David Porter, 2015. "The Effect of Earned Versus House Money on Price Bubble Formation in Experimental Asset Markets," Review of Finance, European Finance Association, vol. 19(4), pages 1455-1488.
- Caginalp, Gunduz & Porter, David & Smith, Vernon, 2000. "Momentum and overreaction in experimental asset markets," International Journal of Industrial Organization, Elsevier, vol. 18(1), pages 187-204, January.
- Milo Bianchi & Philippe Jehiel, 2008.
"Bubbles and crashes with partially sophisticated investors,"
PSE Working Papers
- Milo Bianchi & Philippe Jehiel, 2010. "Bubbles and Crashes with Partially Sophisticated Investors," Levine's Working Paper Archive 122247000000002180, David K. Levine.
- Volodymyr Lugovskyy & Daniela Puzzello & Steven Tucker, 2009. "An Experimental Study of Bubble Formation in Asset Markets Using the Tâtonnement Pricing Mechanism," Working Papers in Economics 09/19, University of Canterbury, Department of Economics and Finance.
- Fridrik Baldursson & Jon Sturluson, 2011.
"Fees and the Efficiency of Tradable Permit Systems: An Experimental Approach,"
Environmental & Resource Economics,
Springer;European Association of Environmental and Resource Economists, vol. 48(1), pages 25-41, January.
- Baldursson, Fridrik M. & Sturluson, Jon Thor, 2008. "Fees and the efficiency of tradable permit systems: an experimental approach," MPRA Paper 14182, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised Mar 2009.
- Donald T. Wargo & Norman A. Baglini & Katherine A. Nelson, 2010. "The New Millennium’s First Global Financial Crisis: The Neuroeconomics of Greed, Self-interest, Deception, False Trust, Overconfidence and Risk Perception," Chapters,in: Neuroeconomics and the Firm, chapter 5 Edward Elgar Publishing.
- John Dickhaut & Shengle Lin & David Porter & Vernon L. Smith, 2010. "Durability, Re-trading and Market Performance," Working Papers 10-01, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Cary Deck & David Porter & Vernon L. Smith, 2011. "Double Bubbles in Assets Markets with Multiple Generations," Working Papers 11-10, Chapman University, Economic Science Institute.
- Hawkins, Raymond J., 2011. "Lending sociodynamics and economic instability," Physica A: Statistical Mechanics and its Applications, Elsevier, vol. 390(23), pages 4355-4369.
- Nuriddin Ikromov & Abdullah Yavas, 2012. "Cash Flow Volatility, Prices and Price Volatility: An Experimental Study," The Journal of Real Estate Finance and Economics, Springer, vol. 44(1), pages 203-229, January.
- Caginalp, G. & Ilieva, V., 2008. "The dynamics of trader motivations in asset bubbles," Journal of Economic Behavior & Organization, Elsevier, vol. 66(3-4), pages 641-656, June.
- Carmela Mauro, 2008. "Uncertainty Aversion Vs. Competence: An Experimental Market Study," Theory and Decision, Springer, vol. 64(2), pages 301-331, March.
- Ernst Fehr & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2005.
"Individual Irrationality and Aggregate Outcomes,"
Journal of Economic Perspectives,
American Economic Association, vol. 19(4), pages 43-66, Fall.
- Ernst Fehr & Jean-Robert Tyran, "undated". "Individual Irrationality and Aggregate Outcomes," IEW - Working Papers 252, Institute for Empirical Research in Economics - University of Zurich.
- Ernst Fehr & Jean-Robert Tyran, 2005. "Individual Irrationality and Aggregate Outcomes," Discussion Papers 05-09, University of Copenhagen. Department of Economics.
- G. Caginalp & H. Laurent, 1998. "The predictive power of price patterns," Applied Mathematical Finance, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 5(3-4), pages 181-205.
- Corgnet Bruce & Angela Sutan & Arvin Aashta, 2006. "The power of words in financial markets: soft versus hard communication,a strategy method experiment," Labsi Experimental Economics Laboratory University of Siena 006, University of Siena.
- Ehsan Ahmed & J. Barkley Rosser Jr. & Jamshed Y. Uppal, 2010. "Emerging Markets and Stock Market Bubbles: Nonlinear Speculation?," Emerging Markets Finance and Trade, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 46(4), pages 23-40, January.
More about this item
Keywordsexperimental economics; rational expectations; financial bubbles; futures contracting; insidertrading; dynamical systems;
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:1:y:1994:i:2:p:111-128. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Chris Longhurst). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20 .