Variance-Optimal Hedging for Time-Changed Levy Processes
In this article, we solve the variance-optimal hedging problem in stochastic volatility (SV) models based on time-changed Levy processes, that is, in the setup of Carr et al. (2003). The solution is derived using results for general affine models in the companion article [Kallsen and Pauwels (2009)].
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 18 (2011)
Issue (Month): 1 ()
|Contact details of provider:|| Web page: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAMF20|
|Order Information:||Web: http://www.tandfonline.com/pricing/journal/RAMF20|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- Helyette Geman & P. Carr & D. Madan & M. Yor, 2003. "Stochastic Volatility for Levy Processes," Post-Print halshs-00144385, HAL.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Jan Kallsen & Leszek Krawczyk, 2006. "Variance-optimal hedging for processes with stationary independent increments," Papers math/0607112, arXiv.org.
- Friedrich Hubalek & Carlo Sgarra, 2007. "Quadratic Hedging For The Bates Model," International Journal of Theoretical and Applied Finance (IJTAF), World Scientific Publishing Co. Pte. Ltd., vol. 10(05), pages 873-885.
- David Heath & Eckhard Platen & Martin Schweizer, 2001. "A Comparison of Two Quadratic Approaches to Hedging in Incomplete Markets," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 11(4), pages 385-413.
- Geman, Hélyette & Carr, Peter & Madan, Dilip B. & Yor, Marc, 2003. "Stochastic Volatility for Levy Processes," Economics Papers from University Paris Dauphine 123456789/1392, Paris Dauphine University.
- Ales Čern� & Jan Kallsen, 2008. "Mean-Variance Hedging And Optimal Investment In Heston'S Model With Correlation," Mathematical Finance, Wiley Blackwell, vol. 18(3), pages 473-492.
- Jan Kallsen & Richard Vierthauer, 2009. "Quadratic hedging in affine stochastic volatility models," Review of Derivatives Research, Springer, vol. 12(1), pages 3-27, April.
- Bates, David S, 1996. "Jumps and Stochastic Volatility: Exchange Rate Processes Implicit in Deutsche Mark Options," Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 9(1), pages 69-107.
- Flavio Angelini & Stefano Herzel, 2007. "Measuring the error of dynamic hedging: a Laplace transform approach," Quaderni del Dipartimento di Economia, Finanza e Statistica 33/2007, Università di Perugia, Dipartimento Economia.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apmtfi:v:18:y:2011:i:1:p:1-28. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Michael McNulty)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.