Energy consumption and economic growth in Brazil, Mexico and Venezuela: a time series analysis
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Stern, David I., 1993. "Energy and economic growth in the USA : A multivariate approach," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(2), pages 137-150, April.
- Hirotugu Akaike, 1969. "Fitting autoregressive models for prediction," Annals of the Institute of Statistical Mathematics, Springer;The Institute of Statistical Mathematics, vol. 21(1), pages 243-247, December.
- Akarca, Ali T. & Long, Thomas II, 1979. "Energy and employment: a time-series analysis of the causal relationship," Resources and Energy, Elsevier, vol. 2(2-3), pages 151-162.
- Hsiao, Cheng, 1981. "Autoregressive modelling and money-income causality detection," Journal of Monetary Economics, Elsevier, vol. 7(1), pages 85-106.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Jaruwan Chontanawat & Lester C Hunt & Richard Pierse, 2006. "Causality between Energy Consumption and GDP: Evidence from 30 OECD and 78 Non-OECD Countries," Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics Discussion Papers (SEEDS) 113, Surrey Energy Economics Centre (SEEC), School of Economics, University of Surrey.
- Tsangyao Chang & Wenshwo Fang & Li-Fang Wen, 2001. "Energy consumption, employment, output, and temporal causality: evidence from Taiwan based on cointegration and error-correction modelling techniques," Applied Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 33(8), pages 1045-1056.
- Benjamin Cheng & Robert Hsu & Qiyu Chu, 1997. "The causality between fertility and female labour force participation in Japan," Applied Economics Letters, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 4(2), pages 113-116.
- Cheng, Benjamin S. & Lai, Tin Wei, 1997. "An investigation of co-integration and causality between energy consumption and economic activity in Taiwan," Energy Economics, Elsevier, vol. 19(4), pages 435-444, October.
- Cedric Mbanga & Ali F. Darrat & Jung Chul Park, 2019. "Investor sentiment and aggregate stock returns: the role of investor attention," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 53(2), pages 397-428, August.
- Santos, Carlos Filipe & Fuinhas, José Alberto & Marques, António Cardoso, 2014. "O nexus energia-crescimento e o nível da auto-suficiência na produção de petróleo: análise com macro painel [Energy-growth nexus and oil self-sufficiency: macro panel analysis]," MPRA Paper 57008, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2015.
"Natural gas consumption and economic growth: The role of foreign direct investment, capital formation and trade openness in Malaysia,"
Renewable and Sustainable Energy Reviews, Elsevier, vol. 42(C), pages 835-845.
- Solarin, Sakiru Adebola & Shahbaz, Muhammad, 2015. "Natural Gas Consumption and Economic Growth: The Role of Foreign Direct Investment, Capital Formation and Trade Openness in Malaysia," MPRA Paper 67225, University Library of Munich, Germany, revised 14 Oct 2015.
- Zhang, Wei & Yang, Shuyun, 2013. "The influence of energy consumption of China on its real GDP from aggregated and disaggregated viewpoints," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 76-81.
- Eleni Thanou & Dikaios Tserkezos, 2008. "Nonlinear Diachronic Effects Between Stock Returns and Mutual Fund Flows: Additional Empirical Evidence from the Athens Stocks Exchange," Working Papers 0826, University of Crete, Department of Economics.
- Ralf Ostermark, 1998. "Multivariate Granger causality in international asset pricing: evidence from the Finnish and Japanese financial economies," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 8(1), pages 67-72.
- Shahbaz, Muhammad & Mutascu, Mihai & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2012.
"Revisiting the Relationship between Electricity Consumption, Capital and Economic Growth: Cointegration and Causality Analysis in Romania,"
Journal for Economic Forecasting, Institute for Economic Forecasting, vol. 0(3), pages 97-120, September.
- Mutascu, Mihai & Shahbaz, Muhammad & Tiwari, Aviral Kumar, 2011. "Revisiting the relationship between electricity consumption, capital and economic growth: Cointegration and causality analysis in Romania," MPRA Paper 29233, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Michelle Casario, 1996. "North American Free Trade Agreement Bilateral Trade Effects," Contemporary Economic Policy, Western Economic Association International, vol. 14(1), pages 36-47, January.
- Amiri, Arshia & Zibaei, Mansour, 2012. "Granger causality between energy use and economic growth in France with using geostatistical models," MPRA Paper 36357, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Payne, James E., 2009. "On the Dynamics of Energy Consumption and Employment in Illinois," Journal of Regional Analysis and Policy, Mid-Continent Regional Science Association, vol. 39(2), pages 1-5.
- Lee, Shyan-Yuan & Tsai, Chih-Ling, 1998. "Model selection for causal models: The global procedure with AICC and AICU," Global Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 205-223.
- Md. Shahiduzzaman & Khorshed Alam, 2014.
"A reassessment of energy and GDP relationship: the case of Australia,"
Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 16(2), pages 323-344, April.
- Shahiduzzaman, Md & Alam, Khorshed, 2012. "A reassessment of energy and GDP relationship: A case of Australia," MPRA Paper 36256, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Kim, Yeonbae, 2006. "Electricity generation and economic growth in Indonesia," Energy, Elsevier, vol. 31(14), pages 2890-2899.
- Winker, Peter, 1995.
"Identification of multivariate AR-models by threshold accepting,"
Computational Statistics & Data Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 295-307, September.
- Winker, Peter, 1994. "Identification of multivariate AR-models by threshold accepting," Discussion Papers, Series II 224, University of Konstanz, Collaborative Research Centre (SFB) 178 "Internationalization of the Economy".
- Henryk Gurgul & Lukasz Lach, 2011.
"The interdependence between energy consumption and economic growth in the Polish economy in the last decade,"
Managerial Economics, AGH University of Science and Technology, Faculty of Management, vol. 9, pages 25-48.
- Gurgul, Henryk & Lach, Łukasz, 2011. "The interdependence between energy consumption and economic growth in the Polish economy in the last decade," MPRA Paper 52283, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Yoo, Seung-Hoon & Ku, Se-Ju, 2009. "Causal relationship between nuclear energy consumption and economic growth: A multi-country analysis," Energy Policy, Elsevier, vol. 37(5), pages 1905-1913, May.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:4:y:1997:i:11:p:671-674. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.