The post-offering performance of IPOs in the Indian banking industry
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Mikkelson, Wayne H. & Partch, M. Megan & Shah, Kshitij, 1997. "Ownership and operating performance of companies that go public," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 44(3), pages 281-307, June.
- Stephen C. Smith & Hesuk Chun, 2003. "New Issues in Emerging Markets: Determinants, Effects, and Stock Market Performance of IPOs in Korea," Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 2(3), pages 253-285, September.
- Loughran, Tim & Ritter, Jay R, 1995. "The New Issues Puzzle," Journal of Finance, American Finance Association, vol. 50(1), pages 23-51, March.
- Kumbhakar, Subal C & Sarkar, Subrata, 2003. "Deregulation, Ownership, and Productivity Growth in the Banking Industry: Evidence from India," Journal of Money, Credit and Banking, Blackwell Publishing, vol. 35(3), pages 403-424, June.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Nikbakht, Ehsan & Sarkar, Sayan & Smith, Garrett C. & Spieler, Andrew C., 2021. "Pre-IPO earnings management: Evidence from India," Journal of International Accounting, Auditing and Taxation, Elsevier, vol. 44(C).
- Rachappa Shette & Sudershan Kuntluru, 2018. "Readability of Initial Public Offering Prospectus and Earnings Performance," International Journal of Economics and Financial Issues, Econjournals, vol. 8(3), pages 68-74.
- Seshadev Sahoo, 2015. "Subscription Rate and Volatility," Journal of Emerging Market Finance, Institute for Financial Management and Research, vol. 14(1), pages 20-58, April.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Fama, Eugene F. & French, Kenneth R., 2004. "New lists: Fundamentals and survival rates," Journal of Financial Economics, Elsevier, vol. 73(2), pages 229-269, August.
- Kim, Oksana, 2013. "The global recognition strategy of blue chips of the Russian and Commonwealth of Independent States (CIS) markets," Journal of Contemporary Accounting and Economics, Elsevier, vol. 9(2), pages 151-169.
- Thomas J. Chemmanur & Imants Paeglis & Karen Simonyan, 2011. "Management Quality and Antitakeover Provisions," Journal of Law and Economics, University of Chicago Press, vol. 54(3), pages 651-692.
- Mayur, Manas & Kumar, Manoj, 2006. "An Empirical Investigation of Going Public Decision of Indian Companies," MPRA Paper 1801, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Hongbok Lee & Don Johnson, 2009. "The operating performance of preferred stock issuers," Applied Financial Economics, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 19(5), pages 397-407.
- Andrikopoulos, Panagiotis, 2009. "Seasoned equity offerings, operating performance and overconfidence: Evidence from the UK," Journal of Economics and Business, Elsevier, vol. 61(3), pages 189-215.
- Brau, James C. & Li, Mingsheng & Shi, Jing, 2007. "Do secondary shares in the IPO process have a negative effect on aftermarket performance?," Journal of Banking & Finance, Elsevier, vol. 31(9), pages 2612-2631, September.
- Malcolm Baker & Richard S. Ruback & Jeffrey Wurgler, 2004. "Behavioral Corporate Finance: A Survey," NBER Working Papers 10863, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Chan, Kalok & Wang, Junbo & Wei, K. C. John, 2004. "Underpricing and long-term performance of IPOs in China," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 10(3), pages 409-430, June.
- Xiaoqiong Cai & Guy Liu & Bryan Mase, 2008. "The long-run performance of initial public offerings and its determinants: the case of China," Review of Quantitative Finance and Accounting, Springer, vol. 30(4), pages 419-432, May.
- Farinos, Jose E. & Garcia, C. Jose & Ibanez, Ana Ma, 2007. "Operating and stock market performance of state-owned enterprise privatizations: The Spanish experience," International Review of Financial Analysis, Elsevier, vol. 16(4), pages 367-389.
- &Lubos Pástor & Lucian A. Taylor & Pietro Veronesi, 2009.
"Entrepreneurial Learning, the IPO Decision, and the Post-IPO Drop in Firm Profitability,"
Review of Financial Studies, Society for Financial Studies, vol. 22(8), pages 3005-3046, August.
- Lubos Pastor & Lucian Taylor & Pietro Veronesi, 2006. "Entrepreneurial Learning, the IPO Decision, and the Post-IPO Drop in Firm Profitability," NBER Working Papers 12792, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Pástor, Luboš & Taylor, Lucian & Veronesi, Pietro, 2007. "Entrepreneurial Learning, the IPO Decision, and the Post-IPO Drop in Firm Profitability," CEPR Discussion Papers 6061, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Eugene F. Fama & Kenneth R. French, "undated". "Newly Listed Firms: Fundamentals, Survival Rates, and Returns," CRSP working papers 530, Center for Research in Security Prices, Graduate School of Business, University of Chicago.
- Alimov, Azizjon & Mikkelson, Wayne, 2012. "Does favorable investor sentiment lead to costly decisions to go public?," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 18(3), pages 519-540.
- Wang, Junbo & Wei, K.C. John & Pruitt, Stephen W., 2006. "An analysis of the share price and accounting performance of rights offerings in China," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 14(1), pages 49-72, January.
- Kutsuna, Kenji & Okamura, Hideo & Cowling, Marc, 2002. "Ownership structure pre- and post-IPOs and the operating performance of JASDAQ companies," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 10(2), pages 163-181, April.
- Stephanie, Serve, 2004. "L’impact de l’admission à la cote sur les performances économiques des entreprises : Le cas du Nouveau Marché français [The operating performance of French IPO firms]," MPRA Paper 4304, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Cai, Jun & Loughran, Tim, 1998. "The performance of Japanese seasoned equity offerings, 1971-1992," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 6(5), pages 395-425, November.
- Lewis, Craig M. & Rogalski, Richard J. & Seward, James K., 2001. "The long-run performance of firms that issue convertible debt: an empirical analysis of operating characteristics and analyst forecasts," Journal of Corporate Finance, Elsevier, vol. 7(4), pages 447-474, December.
- Sun, Yue & Uchida, Konari & Matsumoto, Mamoru, 2013. "The dark side of independent venture capitalists: Evidence from Japan," Pacific-Basin Finance Journal, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 279-300.
More about this item
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:taf:apeclt:v:12:y:2005:i:2:p:89-94. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Chris Longhurst (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.tandfonline.com/RAEL20 .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.