Who Changes? Institutionalizing Participation in Development. Edited by James Blackburn with Jeremy Holland. London: Intermediate Technology Publications, 1998. Pp.xvi + 199. ï¿½5.25. ISBN 1853394203 Whose Voice? Participatory Research and Policy Change. Edited by Jeremy Holland with James Blackburn. London: Intermediate Technology Publications, 1998. Pp.xviii + 254. ï¿½5.75. ISBN 185339419X Civil Society in Yemen: The Political Economy of Activism in Modern Arabia. By Sheila Carapico. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1998. Pp.xiv + 256. ï¿½35. ISBN 0 521 59098 1 Structural Adjustment Reconsidered: Economic Policy and Poverty in Africa. By David Sahn, Paul Dorosh and Stephen Younger. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1998. Pp. vix+304. ISBN 0521 584515 The Spirit of Regeneration: Andean Culture Confronting Western Notions of Development. Edited by Frederique Apffel-Marglin with PRATEC. London and New York; Zed Books, 1997. ISBN 1 85649 547 7 and 548 5 Development Strategy and Management of the Market Economy: Volume I. By Edmond Malinvaud and others. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1997. Pp.xiii + 302. ï¿½25. ISBN 0 19 8292120 Development Strategy and Management of the Market Economy: Volume II. Edited by Istvan P. Szekely and Richard Sabot. Oxford: Clarendon Press, 1997. Pp.x + 356. ï¿½35 and ï¿½25. ISBN 0 19 8292120 and 8292503 Poverty: A Persistent Global Reality. Edited by John Dixon and David Macarow. London: Routledge (Series Social Policy/Development), 1998. Pp.xvi + 287. ISBN 0 415 14681 X and 14682 8 Civil Service Reform and Structural Adjustment. By S.K. Das. Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1998. Pp.xv + 267. Rs550. ISBN 0 19 564305 4 Malaysia's Political Economy: Politics, Patronage and Profits. By Edmund Terence Gomez and Jomo K.S. Cambridge: Cambridge University Press, 1997. Pp.xix + 207. ï¿½40 and ï¿½14.95. ISBN 0 521 59996 2 and 59007 8 Economic and Social Progress in Asia: Why Pakistan Did Not Become a Tiger. By Omar Noman. Karachi: Oxford Unive
(This abstract was borrowed from another version of this item.)
If you experience problems downloading a file, check if you have the proper application to view it first. In case of further problems read the IDEAS help page. Note that these files are not on the IDEAS site. Please be patient as the files may be large.
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to look for a different version under "Related research" (further below) or search for a different version of it.
Volume (Year): 129 (1993)
Issue (Month): 3 (September)
|Contact details of provider:|| Postal: |
Phone: +49 431 8814-1
Fax: +49 431 8814528
Web page: http://link.springer.de/link/service/journals/10290/index.htm
More information through EDIRC
|Order Information:||Web: http://link.springer.de/orders.htm|
References listed on IDEAS
Please report citation or reference errors to , or , if you are the registered author of the cited work, log in to your RePEc Author Service profile, click on "citations" and make appropriate adjustments.:
- McCallum, Bennett T, 1995.
"Two Fallacies Concerning Central-Bank Independence,"
American Economic Review,
American Economic Association, vol. 85(2), pages 207-11, May.
- Bennett T. McCallum, 1995. "Two Fallacies Concerning Central Bank Independence," NBER Working Papers 5075, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Paul M. Romer, 1993.
"New Goods, Old Theory, and the Welfare Costs of Trade Restrictions,"
NBER Working Papers
4452, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Romer, Paul, 1994. "New goods, old theory, and the welfare costs of trade restrictions," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 43(1), pages 5-38, February.
- Gerlinde Sinn & Hans-Werner Sinn, 1994. "Jumpstart: The Economic Unification of Germany," MIT Press Books, The MIT Press, edition 1, volume 1, number 0262691728, June.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of Monetary Unification," Department of Economics, Working Paper Series qt791143kp, Department of Economics, Institute for Business and Economic Research, UC Berkeley.
- Gordon, R.H. & Bovenberg, A.L., 1994.
"Why Is Capital So Immobile Internationally?: Possible Explanations and Implications for Capital Income Taxation,"
358, Research Seminar in International Economics, University of Michigan.
- Gordon, Roger H & Bovenberg, A Lans, 1996. "Why Is Capital So Immobile Internationally? Possible Explanations and Implications for Capital Income Taxation," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 86(5), pages 1057-75, December.
- Roger H. Gordon & A. Lans Bovenberg, 1994. "Why is Capital so Immobile Internationally?: Possible Explanations and Implications for Capital Income Taxation," NBER Working Papers 4796, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Gordon, R.H. & Bovenberg, A.L., 1994. "Why is capital so immobile internationally? : Possible explanations and implications for capital income taxation," Discussion Paper 1994-63, Tilburg University, Center for Economic Research.
- Arvind Panagariya, 2000. "Preferential Trade Liberalization: The Traditional Theory and New Developments," Journal of Economic Literature, American Economic Association, vol. 38(2), pages 287-331, June.
- Tamim Bayoumi and Barry Eichengreen., 1992.
"Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification,"
Economics Working Papers
92-187, University of California at Berkeley.
- Bayoumi, Tamim & Eichengreen, Barry, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," CEPR Discussion Papers 643, C.E.P.R. Discussion Papers.
- Tamim Bayoumi & Barry Eichengreen, 1992. "Shocking Aspects of European Monetary Unification," NBER Working Papers 3949, National Bureau of Economic Research, Inc.
- Jakob de Haan, 1997.
"The European Central Bank: Independence, accountability and strategy: A review,"
Springer, vol. 93(3), pages 395-426, December.
- de Haan, Jakob, 1997. " The European Central Bank: Independence, Accountability and Strategy: A Review," Public Choice, Springer, vol. 93(3-4), pages 395-426, December.
- Krugman, Paul, 1981. "Trade, accumulation, and uneven development," Journal of Development Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(2), pages 149-161, April.
- Ben Bernanke & Mark Gertler, 1999.
"Monetary policy and asset price volatility,"
Proceedings - Economic Policy Symposium - Jackson Hole,
Federal Reserve Bank of Kansas City, pages 77-128.
- Boadway, R.W. & Wildasin, D.E., 1987.
"A median voter model of social security,"
CORE Discussion Papers
1987014, Université catholique de Louvain, Center for Operations Research and Econometrics (CORE).
- Paul Masson, 1999. "Multiple equilibria, contagion, and the emerging market crises," Proceedings, Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco, issue Sep.
- Canzoneri, Matthew B & Rogers, Carol Ann, 1990. "Is the European Community an Optimal Currency Area? Optimal Taxation versus the Cost of Multiple Currencies," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 80(3), pages 419-33, June.
- Hadar, Josef & Russell, William R, 1969. "Rules for Ordering Uncertain Prospects," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 59(1), pages 25-34, March.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Ash & Levine, Ross, 1996.
"Stock Market Development and Financial Intermediaries: Stylized Facts,"
World Bank Economic Review,
World Bank Group, vol. 10(2), pages 291-321, May.
- Demirguc-Kunt, Asli & Levine, Ross, 1995. "Stock market development and financial intermediaries : stylized facts," Policy Research Working Paper Series 1462, The World Bank.
- Hemming, R. & Keen, M. J., 1983. "Single-crossing conditions in comparisons of tax progressivity," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 20(3), pages 373-380, April.
- Schmieding, Holger, 1991. "Lending stability to Europe's emerging market economies: On the importance of the EC and the ECU for East-Central Europe," Kiel Working Papers 481, Kiel Institute for the World Economy.
- Schmieding, Holger & Buch, Claudia, 1992. "Better banks for Eastern Europe," Kiel Discussion Papers 197, Kiel Institute for the World Economy (IfW).
- McCallum, John, 1995. "National Borders Matter: Canada-U.S. Regional Trade Patterns," American Economic Review, American Economic Association, vol. 85(3), pages 615-23, June.
- Corden, W Max, 1993. "Exchange Rate Policies for Developing Countries," Economic Journal, Royal Economic Society, vol. 103(416), pages 198-207, January.
- Coughlin, Peter & Nitzan, Shmuel, 1981. "Electoral outcomes with probabilistic voting and Nash social welfare maxima," Journal of Public Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1), pages 113-121, February.
- Dani Rodrik, 1997. "Has Globalization Gone Too Far?," Peterson Institute Press: All Books, Peterson Institute for International Economics, number 57, May.
When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:weltar:v:129:y:1993:i:3:p:620-640. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Guenther Eichhorn)or (Christopher F Baum)
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If references are entirely missing, you can add them using this form.
If the full references list an item that is present in RePEc, but the system did not link to it, you can help with this form.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.