Cardinality-based equality of opportunities
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- Kranich, Laurence, 1996. "Equitable Opportunities: An Axiomatic Approach," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 71(1), pages 131-147, October.
- Dirk Van de gaer & Marc Fleurbaey & Walter Bossert, 1999. "Responsibility, talent, and compensation: A second-best analysis," Review of Economic Design, Springer;Society for Economic Design, vol. 4(1), pages 35-55.
- Iñigo Iturbe Ormaetxe & Carmen Herrero Blanco & Jorge Nieto, 1995. "Ranking Social Decisions Without Individual Preferences On The Basis Of Opportunities," Working Papers. Serie AD 1995-23, Instituto Valenciano de Investigaciones Económicas, S.A. (Ivie).
- Ok, Efe A., 1997. "On Opportunity Inequality Measurement," Journal of Economic Theory, Elsevier, vol. 77(2), pages 300-329, December.
- Miguel A. Ballester & Juan R. De Miguel, 2003. "Extending an order to the power set: The Leximax Criterion," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 21(1), pages 63-71, August.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & Miguel Ballester, 2010. "On ranking opportunity distributions," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 34(1), pages 3-31, January.
- Jorge Alcalde-Unzu & Miguel Ballester, 2012. "Ranking opportunity profiles through dependent evaluation of policies," The Journal of Economic Inequality, Springer;Society for the Study of Economic Inequality, vol. 10(4), pages 471-487, December.
More about this item
KeywordsEquality of opportunities; Opportunity profile; Lexicographic and Weighted procedures; D63;
- D63 - Microeconomics - - Welfare Economics - - - Equity, Justice, Inequality, and Other Normative Criteria and Measurement
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:reecde:v:10:y:2007:i:4:p:285-304. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.