The role of transdisciplinarity for mineral economics and mineral resource management: coping with fallacies related to phosphorus in science and practice
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- de Groot, Rudolf S. & Wilson, Matthew A. & Boumans, Roelof M. J., 2002. "A typology for the classification, description and valuation of ecosystem functions, goods and services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 41(3), pages 393-408, June.
- Radetzki,Marian & WÃ¥rell,Linda, 2020. "A Handbook of Primary Commodities in the Global Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781108970914.
- Gordon, Richard L. & Tilton, John E., 2008. "Mineral economics: Overview of a discipline," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 33(1), pages 4-11, March.
- Yaksic, Andrés & Tilton, John E., 2009. "Using the cumulative availability curve to assess the threat of mineral depletion: The case of lithium," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 34(4), pages 185-194, December.
- Tilton, John E. & Crowson, Phillip C.F. & DeYoung, John H. & Eggert, Roderick G. & Ericsson, Magnus & Guzmán, Juan Ignacio & Humphreys, David & Lagos, Gustavo & Maxwell, Philip & Radetzki, Marian & Si, 2018. "Public policy and future mineral supplies," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 57(C), pages 55-60.
- George F. R. Ellis, 2003. "The shape of the Universe," Nature, Nature, vol. 425(6958), pages 566-567, October.
- Friedrich-W. Wellmer & Roland W. Scholz, 2017. "Putting Phosphorus First: The Need to Know and Right to Know Call for a Revised Hierarchy of Natural Resources," Resources, MDPI, vol. 6(2), pages 1-23, June.
- Christine Alewell & Bruno Ringeval & Cristiano Ballabio & David A. Robinson & Panos Panagos & Pasquale Borrelli, 2020. "Global phosphorus shortage will be aggravated by soil erosion," Nature Communications, Nature, vol. 11(1), pages 1-12, December.
- Arenas, Daniel & Albareda, Laura & Goodman, Jennifer, 2020. "Contestation in Multi-Stakeholder Initiatives: Enhancing the Democratic Quality of Transnational Governance," Business Ethics Quarterly, Cambridge University Press, vol. 30(2), pages 169-199, April.
- Radetzki,Marian & WÃ¥rell,Linda, 2020. "A Handbook of Primary Commodities in the Global Economy," Cambridge Books, Cambridge University Press, number 9781108841542.
- Owen, John R. & Kemp, Deanna, 2013. "Social licence and mining: A critical perspective," Resources Policy, Elsevier, vol. 38(1), pages 29-35.
- Dierk Raabe & C. Cem Tasan & Elsa A. Olivetti, 2019. "Strategies for improving the sustainability of structural metals," Nature, Nature, vol. 575(7781), pages 64-74, November.
- Anil Ananthaswamy, 2018. "How the belief in beauty has triggered a crisis in physics," Nature, Nature, vol. 558(7709), pages 186-187, June.
- Friedrich-Wilhelm Wellmer & Roland W. Scholz, 2018. "What Is the Optimal and Sustainable Lifetime of a Mine?," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(2), pages 1-22, February.
- Roland W. Scholz, 2017. "The Normative Dimension in Transdisciplinarity, Transition Management, and Transformation Sciences: New Roles of Science and Universities in Sustainable Transitioning," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 9(6), pages 1-31, June.
- Corinne Moser & Michael Stauffacher & Pius Krütli & Roland W. Scholz, 2012. "The influence of linear and cyclical temporal representations on risk perception of nuclear waste: an experimental study," Journal of Risk Research, Taylor & Francis Journals, vol. 15(5), pages 459-476, May.
- Ayres, Robert U., 1993. "Cowboys, cornucopians and long-run sustainability," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 8(3), pages 189-207, December.
- Freeman, Chris, 1994. "The Economics of Technical Change," Cambridge Journal of Economics, Oxford University Press, vol. 18(5), pages 463-514, October.
- Peschel, Anne O., 2021. "Scarcity signaling in sales promotion: An evolutionary perspective of food choice and weight status," Journal of Retailing and Consumer Services, Elsevier, vol. 61(C).
- Peter Loukopoulos & Roland W Scholz, 2004. "Sustainable Future Urban Mobility: Using â€˜Area Development Negotiationsâ€™ for Scenario Assessment and Participatory Strategic Planning," Environment and Planning A, , vol. 36(12), pages 2203-2226, December.
- John E. Tilton, 2020. "Life as a mineral economist," Mineral Economics, Springer;Raw Materials Group (RMG);Luleå University of Technology, vol. 33(1), pages 273-274, July.
- Janni Leung & Jack Yiu Chak Chung & Calvert Tisdale & Vivian Chiu & Carmen C. W. Lim & Gary Chan, 2021. "Anxiety and Panic Buying Behaviour during COVID-19 Pandemic—A Qualitative Analysis of Toilet Paper Hoarding Contents on Twitter," IJERPH, MDPI, vol. 18(3), pages 1-16, January.
- Kazuyo Matsubae‐Yokoyama & Hironari Kubo & Kenichi Nakajima & Tetsuya Nagasaka, 2009. "A Material Flow Analysis of Phosphorus in Japan," Journal of Industrial Ecology, Yale University, vol. 13(5), pages 687-705, October.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- Marek Vochozka & Svatopluk Janek & Lenka Širáňová, 2023. "Geopolitical deadlock and phosphate shortfall behind the price hike? Evidence from Moroccan commodity markets," Agricultural Economics, Czech Academy of Agricultural Sciences, vol. 69(8), pages 301-308.
Most related itemsThese are the items that most often cite the same works as this one and are cited by the same works as this one.
- Bruno, Daniel & Sorando, Ricardo & Ã lvarez-Farizo, BegoÃ±a & Castellano, Clara & CÃ©spedes, Vanessa & Gallardo, Belinda & JimÃ©nez, Juan J. & LÃ³pez, M. Victoria & LÃ³pez-Flores, RocÃo & Moret-FernÃ, 2021. "Depopulation impacts on ecosystem services in Mediterranean rural areas," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 52(C).
- Kuangyuan Zhang & Richard Olawoyin & Antonio Nieto & Andrew N. Kleit, 2018. "Risk of commodity price, production cost and time to build in resource economics," Environment, Development and Sustainability: A Multidisciplinary Approach to the Theory and Practice of Sustainable Development, Springer, vol. 20(6), pages 2521-2544, December.
- António Mateus & Catarina Lopes & Luís Martins & Mário Abel Gonçalves, 2021. "Current and Foreseen Tungsten Production in Portugal, and the Need of Safeguarding the Access to Relevant Known Resources," Resources, MDPI, vol. 10(6), pages 1-26, June.
- Emilio Castillo & Roderick Eggert, 2019. "Reconciling Diverging Views on Mineral Depletion: A Modified Cumulative Availability Curve Applied to Copper Resources," Working Papers 2019-02, Colorado School of Mines, Division of Economics and Business.
- Philip Cooke, 2002. "Biotechnology Clusters as Regional, Sectoral Innovation Systems," International Regional Science Review, , vol. 25(1), pages 8-37, January.
- Yanzi Wang & Chunming Wu & Yongfeng Gong & Zhen Zhu, 2021. "Can Adaptive Governance Promote Coupling Social-Ecological Systems? Evidence from the Vulnerable Ecological Region of Northwestern China," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 13(20), pages 1-19, October.
- Comino, E. & Ferretti, V., 2016. "Indicators-based spatial SWOT analysis: supporting the strategic planning and management of complex territorial systems," LSE Research Online Documents on Economics 64142, London School of Economics and Political Science, LSE Library.
- Jansson, Åsa, 2013. "Reaching for a sustainable, resilient urban future using the lens of ecosystem services," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 86(C), pages 285-291.
- Bordt, Michael, 2018. "Discourses in Ecosystem Accounting: A Survey of the Expert Community," Ecological Economics, Elsevier, vol. 144(C), pages 82-99.
- Hackbart, Vivian C.S. & de Lima, Guilherme T.N.P. & dos Santos, Rozely F., 2017. "Theory and practice of water ecosystem services valuation: Where are we going?," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 23(C), pages 218-227.
- Meixler, Marcia S., 2017. "Assessment of Hurricane Sandy damage and resulting loss in ecosystem services in a coastal-urban setting," Ecosystem Services, Elsevier, vol. 24(C), pages 28-46.
- Juliana Hurtado Rassi, 2020. "Gestión conjunta de ecosistemas transfronterizos: la importancia del trabajo articulado entre los Estados para la conservación de los recursos naturales. Análisis del caso particular de la “Reserva de," Books, Universidad Externado de Colombia, Facultad de Derecho, number 1241, April.
- Alessio D’Auria & Pasquale De Toro & Nicola Fierro & Elisa Montone, 2018. "Integration between GIS and Multi-Criteria Analysis for Ecosystem Services Assessment: A Methodological Proposal for the National Park of Cilento, Vallo di Diano and Alburni (Italy)," Sustainability, MDPI, vol. 10(9), pages 1-25, September.
- T. Gries & R. Grundmann & I. Palnau & M. Redlin, 2017. "Innovations, growth and participation in advanced economies - a review of major concepts and findings," International Economics and Economic Policy, Springer, vol. 14(2), pages 293-351, April.
- Andrés Barge-Gil & Alberto López, 2015.
"R versus D: estimating the differentiated effect of research and development on innovation results,"
Industrial and Corporate Change, Oxford University Press, vol. 24(1), pages 93-129.
- Barge-Gil, Andrés & López, Alberto, 2011. "R versus D: Estimating the differentiated effect of research and development on innovation results," MPRA Paper 29091, University Library of Munich, Germany.
- Johann Audrain & Mateo Cordier & Sylvie Faucheux & Martin O’Connor, 2013.
"Écologie territoriale et indicateurs pour un développement durable de la métropole parisienne,"
Revue d'économie régionale et urbaine, Armand Colin, vol. 0(3), pages 523-559.
- Johann Audrain & Mateo Cordier & Sylvie Faucheux & Marie-Françoise Guyonnaud & Isabelle Nicolaï & Martin O'Connor, 2012. "Ecologie territoriale et indicateurs pour un développement durable de la métropole parisienne," Working Papers hal-00911712, HAL.
- Jae Bok Seol & Won-Seok Ko & Seok Su Sohn & Min Young Na & Hye Jung Chang & Yoon-Uk Heo & Jung Gi Kim & Hyokyung Sung & Zhiming Li & Elena Pereloma & Hyoung Seop Kim, 2022. "Mechanically derived short-range order and its impact on the multi-principal-element alloys," Nature Communications, Nature, vol. 13(1), pages 1-13, December.
- Stenger, Anne & Harou, Patrice & Navrud, Ståle, 2009. "Valuing environmental goods and services derived from the forests," Journal of Forest Economics, Elsevier, vol. 15(1-2), pages 1-14, January.
- Benjamin Leard, 2011. "Joan Martinez-Alier and Ingo Ropke (eds.): Recent developments in ecological economics (2 vols.)," Journal of Bioeconomics, Springer, vol. 13(2), pages 161-178, July.
- Mark J. McCabe & Christopher M. Snyder, 2015.
"Does Online Availability Increase Citations? Theory and Evidence from a Panel of Economics and Business Journals,"
The Review of Economics and Statistics, MIT Press, vol. 97(1), pages 144-165, March.
- Mark J Mccabe & Christopher M Snyder, 2015. "Does Online Availability Increase Citations? Theory and Evidence from a Panel of Economics and Business Journals," Post-Print halshs-01948311, HAL.
More about this item
KeywordsTransdisciplinarity; Self-referential transdisciplinarity; Mineral resource dynamics; Phosphorus; Scarcity fallacy; Simpson’s paradox; Cognitive didactics;
All these keywords.
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:minecn:v:35:y:2022:i:3:d:10.1007_s13563-022-00331-5. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: . General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: Sonal Shukla or Springer Nature Abstracting and Indexing (email available below). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.