A one-shot proof of Arrow’s impossibility theorem
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Geanakoplos, 2005. "Three brief proofs of Arrow’s Impossibility Theorem," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(1), pages 211-215, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:sochwe:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00355-017-1025-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:etbull:v:1:y:2013:i:2:d:10.1007_s40505-013-0012-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Priscilla Man & Shino Takayama, 2013. "A unifying impossibility theorem," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 54(2), pages 249-271, October.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:1:y:2013:i:1:d:10.1007_s40505-013-0004-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Fey, 2014. "A straightforward proof of Arrow's theorem," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 1792-1797.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:1:y:2013:i:2:d:10.1007_s40505-013-0016-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ou-Yang, Kui, 2016. "Rawls’s maximin rule and Arrow’s impossibility theorem," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 114-116.
- Ning Yu, 2015. "A quest for fundamental theorems of social choice," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(3), pages 533-548, March.
- Ou-Yang, Kui, 2015. "A complete characterization of hierarchy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 162-164.
- Shino Takayama & Akira Yokotani, 2014. "Serial Dictatorship with Infinitely Many Agents," Discussion Papers Series 503, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
More about this item
KeywordsArrow’s impossibility theorem; Social welfare function; Dictatorship; (i; j)-pivotal voter; D7; D70; D71;
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:50:y:2012:i:2:p:523-525. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .
If you have authored this item and are not yet registered with RePEc, we encourage you to do it here. This allows to link your profile to this item. It also allows you to accept potential citations to this item that we are uncertain about.
If you know of missing items citing this one, you can help us creating those links by adding the relevant references in the same way as above, for each refering item. If you are a registered author of this item, you may also want to check the "citations" tab in your RePEc Author Service profile, as there may be some citations waiting for confirmation.
Please note that corrections may take a couple of weeks to filter through the various RePEc services.