A one-shot proof of Arrow’s impossibility theorem
Download full text from publisher
As the access to this document is restricted, you may want to search for a different version of it.
References listed on IDEAS
- John Geanakoplos, 2005. "Three brief proofs of Arrow’s Impossibility Theorem," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 26(1), pages 211-215, July.
CitationsCitations are extracted by the CitEc Project, subscribe to its RSS feed for this item.
- repec:spr:sochwe:v:48:y:2017:i:3:d:10.1007_s00355-017-1025-0 is not listed on IDEAS
- repec:spr:etbull:v:1:y:2013:i:2:d:10.1007_s40505-013-0012-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Priscilla Man & Shino Takayama, 2013. "A unifying impossibility theorem," Economic Theory, Springer;Society for the Advancement of Economic Theory (SAET), vol. 54(2), pages 249-271, October.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:1:y:2013:i:1:d:10.1007_s40505-013-0004-6 is not listed on IDEAS
- Mark Fey, 2014. "A straightforward proof of Arrow's theorem," Economics Bulletin, AccessEcon, vol. 34(3), pages 1792-1797.
- repec:spr:etbull:v:1:y:2013:i:2:d:10.1007_s40505-013-0016-2 is not listed on IDEAS
- Ou-Yang, Kui, 2016. "Rawls’s maximin rule and Arrow’s impossibility theorem," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 145(C), pages 114-116.
- Ning Yu, 2015. "A quest for fundamental theorems of social choice," Social Choice and Welfare, Springer;The Society for Social Choice and Welfare, vol. 44(3), pages 533-548, March.
- Ou-Yang, Kui, 2015. "A complete characterization of hierarchy," Economics Letters, Elsevier, vol. 136(C), pages 162-164.
- Shino Takayama & Akira Yokotani, 2014. "Serial Dictatorship with Infinitely Many Agents," Discussion Papers Series 503, School of Economics, University of Queensland, Australia.
More about this item
KeywordsArrow’s impossibility theorem; Social welfare function; Dictatorship; (i; j)-pivotal voter; D7; D70; D71;
- D7 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making
- D70 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - General
- D71 - Microeconomics - - Analysis of Collective Decision-Making - - - Social Choice; Clubs; Committees; Associations
StatisticsAccess and download statistics
All material on this site has been provided by the respective publishers and authors. You can help correct errors and omissions. When requesting a correction, please mention this item's handle: RePEc:spr:joecth:v:50:y:2012:i:2:p:523-525. See general information about how to correct material in RePEc.
For technical questions regarding this item, or to correct its authors, title, abstract, bibliographic or download information, contact: (Sonal Shukla) or (Rebekah McClure). General contact details of provider: http://www.springer.com .